No media bias at all.

Gary M

Who is "Your," where is the conjugated verb, and what about a picture of this silly fellow?

Ok, in all seriousness...you're right. It was less a salient political point than it was a joke though (notice the movie reference). However, the punchline was flawed, so it obviously came off less funny than intended.

Either that, or you're trying to find more ways to box me in the "pro-Obama" camp.

Funny that I goofed up on "your" since its one of my own pet peeves....oh well,

As to " boxing" you in, I was just replying to the thread. The truth is I don't care about you one way or the other.

Flashback: Major-party nominee uses war deaths to score political points

Remember that time when a major-party presidential nominee went on television immediately after the deaths of several Americans abroad to attack the policies of the current administration and his opponent? Remember how the media repeatedly demanded to know whether he regretted the timing of that criticism, and whether he was ashamed at not providing a united political front in the face of tragedy?

Yeah, neither do I … and neither does Andrew Kaczynski at BuzzFeed. This CNN interview with Mr Obama took place in July 2008, immediately after the deaths of nine US troops in Afghanistan: (Video at link)

but he was a Democrat, and black, and hence above media criticism.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/13/flashback-major-party-nominee-uses-war-deaths-to-score-political-points/

... how can it be awesomely awful for candidate Romney to articulate his criticism of the present administration?

Can we get some consistency from the big-media pundits? Shouldn't the NYT, for example, have noticed by now that new media is dogging them, and we have YouTube? I mean, they've got to feel how it's screwed up the economics of newspapers. But to ignore the way they undermine their credibility — don't they see how damaging it is to the political power they clearly want? That is, if they want that power, they need to make sure it is not clear.

The more MSM lets their lust show, the less likely we highly selective swing voters will spend any time with you. You have to insinuate yourself into our minds, and you've triggered our resistance. We're turned off. Yes, the base loves what you're saying, but they didn't need to be seduced.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On rush limbaugh today he played a clip of several media members preparing for this conference to interview Romney.

Apparently they didn't realize one of their mics was on so there was an actual recording of how there was collusion in the media to try and trip him up with their questioning. I think one if the reporters was a chick from cbs

!@#$ing minor league pathetic. And this same press let's our empty suit spend 4 years fundraising and campaigning while dodging as much responsibility as possible. He is never held to account for his actions and record.

http://nation.foxnews.com/media/2012/09/13/hot-mic-objective-reporters-caught-conspiring-trip-romney-press-conference

Funny that I goofed up on "your" since its one of my own pet peeves....oh well,

As to " boxing" you in, I was just replying to the thread. The truth is I don't care about you one way or the other.

Just messing with you man. My jokes are just falling flat today.

As for boxing me in...just making a point to Doc more than anything. I was just doing it backhandedly as a play on his inside joke with Jauronimo. I should learn about about these backhanded comments by the way - especially since they netted me two warning points from Simon.

Just messing with you man. My jokes are just falling flat today.

As for boxing me in...just making a point to Doc more than anything. I was just doing it backhandedly as a play on his inside joke with Jauronimo. I should learn about about these backhanded comments by the way - especially since they netted me two warning points from Simon.

Yeah, don't worry about that. Simon gives out warning points like candy. Sweet, delicious, cyanide-laced candy.

The American Media Beclowned Themselves Yesterday

By: Erick Erickson

Yesterday, as the American consulate in Libya was smoking and the rioters were returning in Egypt, the President of the United States flew off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser while his spokesman was telling the American press corps that yesterday wasn’t really a normal political day. Had it been George W. Bush, the media would, right now, be marching on the White House with pitch forks and torches. Remember, on 9/11, as events were unfolding in Washington, the American media was crying for President Bush to return to Washington. They wanted Daddy at home in the White House where he could tuck them in bed, damn the security issues of getting him there.

{snip}

Yesterday, we learned that there were no Marines protecting our Ambassador to Libya despite State Department warnings about violence and kidnappings in the Benghazi. We already knew Al Qaeda was coming on strong there. But we relied on locals for support and now we know the locals betrayed us as they have in the past in Afghanistan and Iraq too.

But the media wanted to focus on Mitt Romney.

Night before last, the President condemned Mitt Romney in harsher tones than he condemned the rioters. It took him until sun up yesterday to condemn them.

Yesterday, the media spent much time condemning the Coptic Christians for their movie, but we now know the movie had been out for months and we also know the riots were orchestrated in advance. We also know the attack on the American consulate in Libya used the riots as cover for the attack.

Yesterday, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a man who swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America, called an American civilian to ask him to stop exercising his first amendment rights.

We also now know that the President, close to 60% of the time, has opted for printed intelligence briefings, which this White House thinks are as useful as an intelligence officer in the room who the President can probe, prod, challenge, and question.

And in focusing on Mitt Romney, finally, of all the places, Slate and Dave Weigel finally point out that Mitt Romney’s gaffe was no gaffe, it was a consistent view of foreign policy foreign to the ears of the political press. He, I, and many others really do think Barack Obama is an apologist. We really do think his speech to Cairo after his entrance to the White House was part of a world apology tour. And we sure as hell think his actions in the past year to foster the Arab Spring were the actions of a naive fool.

But then the media has been playing the naive fool for him.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/09/13/the-american-media-beclowned-themselves-yesterday/

That'll be five...

I don't think so because all of my warnings came from OTW and TBD. Over here in PPP he's kinda like the Wicked Witch of the East in Munchkinland. He can fly in and out and blow a bunch of smoke, but that's about it. I've done what he's asked. I've stayed away from Oz and kept my political opinions over here, so if he's over here and bans me for life because can't take a menstruation joke, then he's right and I need to find another board.

That is just all sorts of retarded.

I don't usually disagree with you sir,

but each statement is backed up with alink.

Certainly you would agree that the focus of the majority of the media yesterday was (unfairly) on Mr. Romney's response, rather than the points that were just raised.

Just using a dismissive "retarded" doesn't really address the point of my post (or of the thread) regarding media bias.

I don't usually disagree with you sir,

but each statement is backed up with alink.

Certainly you would agree that the focus of the majority of the media yesterday was (unfairly) on Mr. Romney's response, rather than the points that were just raised.

Just using a dismissive "retarded" doesn't really address the point of my post (or of the thread) regarding media bias.

Yeah, I did start to address why it was retarded, point by point. I'd started with pointing out that Marines guard the embassy, not the ambassador, and was moving on to the point that the government has many times before asked Terry Jones to cease his asshattery in the interest of not getting Americans killed, so making a big deal out of it this ONE time is disingenuous...but then as I kept going, I realized there were a hell of a lot of reasons, and I just don't have THAT much time right now.

It's just an asinine piece.

Dammit.

I've gone almost a whole year since coming over from the BBMB without being called an "idiot"

I thought for sure that I would get it this time.

Oh well, there will be lots of other opportunities before the election, I am sure.............lol

Dammit.

I've gone almost a whole year since coming over from the BBMB without being called an "idiot"

I thought for sure that I would get it this time.

Oh well, there will be lots of other opportunities before the election, I am sure.............lol

I'll tell ya what...I'm going to open a graphics design program right now, and I'm going to create a special "you're an idiot" graphic just for you, with glitter and stars and smiley faces and rainbows. So then when I do get around to calling you an idiot, you can feel all special and unique about it. Then we'll all get together and have your very own "B-Man's an idiot" party with cake and ice cream and a clown making balloon animals and maybe even magic tricks.

Will that make you feel validated enough?

I'll tell ya what...I'm going to open a graphics design program right now, and I'm going to create a special "you're an idiot" graphic just for you, with glitter and stars and smiley faces and rainbows. So then when I do get around to calling you an idiot, you can feel all special and unique about it. Then we'll all get together and have your very own "B-Man's an idiot" party with cake and ice cream and a clown making balloon animals and maybe even magic tricks.

no clowns please, there are enough here already

No shetland pony rides for the libs to get that "one with the prairie feeling"?

Yeah, I did start to address why it was retarded, point by point. I'd started with pointing out that Marines guard the embassy, not the ambassador, and was moving on to the point that the government has many times before asked Terry Jones to cease his asshattery in the interest of not getting Americans killed, so making a big deal out of it this ONE time is disingenuous...but then as I kept going, I realized there were a hell of a lot of reasons, and I just don't have THAT much time right now.

Marines without ammo.

I don't think so because all of my warnings came from OTW and TBD. Over here in PPP he's kinda like the Wicked Witch of the East in Munchkinland. He can fly in and out and blow a bunch of smoke, but that's about it. I've done what he's asked. I've stayed away from Oz and kept my political opinions over here, so if he's over here and bans me for life because can't take a menstruation joke, then he's right and I need to find another board.

What ever you do don't link to this-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq0lYB3iSM on a thread about some guy jumping off the golden gate bridge. I was warned and my callous disregard for human life brought up. I thought it was funny. I guess I am just evil :cry:

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

from your link

UPDATE: A Marine spokesperson at the Pentagon denied reports that U.S. Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition in a statement to Fox News Thursday.

Pentagon Lt. Col. Chris Hughes told the outlet: “The ambassador and RSO (Regional Security Officer) have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. No restrictions on weapons or weapons status have been imposed. This information comes from the Det Commander at AMEMB (American Embassy) Cairo.”