Jackson suffers LCL injury,nothing conclusive...

bills44

Youre still living in 2010...Chan had repeatedly said that CJ has elevated his game in blitz pickup and gets all his assignments. This is only an issue for those who still want to find reasons to be critical of CJ...its not actually an issue on the field and thats straight from the coaching staffs mouth

I'd like some feedback on whether this is an issue or not, 'cause I honestly haven't paid a lot of attention to it over the last couple years.... but it seems like Spiller has a knack for fumbling .

I'm hoping he'll be the real deal.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Freddie. Love his work ethic, love his story, love his skill. But Spiller is the better back. If we gave him the ball the whole game he would have had over 200 yards.

Fred's injury will force the ball into Spillers hands and that will give us a better chance of winning. Fred was running into the piling over and over. Spiller bounced it outside, inside and everywhere for 20 yard pops at a time.

Dude, Spiller looked great today, but you clearly forgot what a stud Jackson was last year.

I love Freddie. Love his work ethic, love his story, love his skill. But Spiller is the better back. If we gave him the ball the whole game he would have had over 200 yards.

Fred's injury will force the ball into Spillers hands and that will give us a better chance of winning. Fred was running into the piling over and over. Spiller bounced it outside, inside and everywhere for 20 yard pops at a time.

Not an every down back. He'll be done in November.

Dude, Spiller looked great today, but you clearly forgot what a stud Jackson was last year.

You forgot that was last year...hes a year older and coming off an injury. Not to mention, Spiller totally outplayed him today as he didnt do much prior to the injury. I love FJ, but I think Spiller is ready to be the feature back as he is way more explosive and dynamic at this point and just as good in pass protection. I think FJ should definitely still get plenty of playing time, but Spiller is making a real case to be the starter.

Either way, our run game is great...the passing game is the issue

Not an every down back. He'll be done in November.

Spiller already proved he was an every down back...FJ is the one who cant stay healthy

You forgot that was last year...hes a year older and coming off an injury. Not to mention, Spiller totally outplayed him today as he didnt do much prior to the injury. I love FJ, but I think Spiller is ready to be the feature back as he is way more explosive and dynamic at this point and just as good in pass protection. I think FJ should definitely still get plenty of playing time, but Spiller is making a real case to be the starter.

Either way, our run game is great...the passing game is the issue

Spiller already proved he was an every down back...FJ is the one who cant stay healthy

How has he proved it? Week one? Look at his size. He can't handle the workload of someone like Stephen Jackson. Huge setback for the offense losing Jackson. Fitzpatrick is horribel, can't throw certain patterns, thisa offense is going to look very predicatable soon.

^ This right here.

Spiller looks like he's turning out to be a superstar, but Fred's a different type of player with a different skill set. They complement each other well. To say we no longer need Fred b/c CJ is breaking out is just silly. Having 2 of the best RBs in the league is not a bad thing.

How has he proved it? Week one? Look at his size. He can't handle the workload of someone like Stephen Jackson. Huge setback for the offense losing Jackson. Fitzpatrick is horribel, can't throw certain patterns, thisa offense is going to look very predicatable soon.

Huh? This doesnt even make any sense. Did you not watch him play the last half of the season? This kid was a feature back last year when FJ went down and was very good then when FJ went down again today he took the offense over once again...what more does a kid have to do? Not to mention, he totally out played FJ today as FJ had not done much prior to the injury...

This is why I avoid the main board. So many statements like these that are devoid of thought or logic; and football isn't something that's worth me getting irritated.. I suppose most backs wouldn't have been phased by that hit? Some things are just bad luck. Some people have the capacity to spot the distinction. Others, well...

This is why I avoid the main board. So many statements like these that are devoid of thought or logic; and football isn't something that's worth me getting irritated.. I suppose most backs wouldn't have been phased by that hit? Some things are just bad luck. Some people have the capacity to spot the distinction. Others, well...

Huh? I was responding to those questioning whether Spiller is big enough to be a feature back...in the 3 years Spiller has been here, its been FJ who has been hurt multiple times while Spiller hasnt been. I love that facts to you are what you call devoid of logic...lmao

Edited by Alphadawg7

Huh? This doesnt even make any sense. Did you not watch him play the last half of the season? This kid was a feature back last year when FJ went down and was very good then when FJ went down again today he took the offense over once again...what more does a kid have to do? Not to mention, he totally out played FJ today as FJ had not done much prior to the injury...

I get that Spiller had a good game today, and that his production is finally catching up to his talent, but do you really want to waste time on a Jackson/Spiller debate?

This team has a limited QB with Arena-league caliber receivers and a coach who loves to run a division 2 college spread offense. Those are the offense's problems, not who plays running back.

The Bills should be running the ball 50 times a game. No matter how well Spiller plays, the team is going to miss Jackson.

His age doesn't have anything to do with his knee not being allowed to bend certain ways.

Most people slow down as they age....maybe if he was a bit quicker or faster, Landry wouldn't have been able to hit him.

One of FJ's best attributes was gaining yards after contact. Didn't see much of that today - did he even break any tackles?

Huh? I was responding to those questioning whether Spiller is big enough to be a feature back...in the 3 years Spiller has been here, its been FJ who has been hurt multiple times while Spiller hasnt been.

Twice. He had a minor leg fracture which he recovered from, and today he was sidelined with a hit that would have injured anyone. Recurring injuries of a particular nature, like Miles Austin's hamstring, or Shawn Merriman's achilles, are the kind of injuries that indicate someone is injury prone. Two unrelated injuries...not so much.

You know, if you fill a bucket with ping pong balls, shuffle it, and pull out a ball, mark it, put it back in, and do this repeatedly, you won't end up with a mark on every ball. Some balls will end up with five or six marks while others will have none. The balls with marks aren't particularly mark prone; it's just the luck of the draw.

That's not to say some guys aren't built stronger than others and are better able to sustain the beating of a season, but I've seen little to suggest Jackson is particularly fragile.

It depens on the severity of the tear and whether any meniscus (cartilage) was involved. A lateral collateral injury is not nearly as bad as ACL or PCL. If only LCL and everything else is in tact, he'll be back this year.

Edited by Puckman5