[please fix subject]A point everyone is forgetting.

Silvercrw

I have heard multiple times on the radio and on TBD that the Bills had all summer to prepare for the Jets without thinking about one major point. That point is that there is no tape on the Jets offense but there is tape on the Bills offense. They have a new offense this year and Tony Sparano has not called plays since 2006 as a Dallas offensive coach.

What everyone needs to realize is that the first game of the year can be very tricky to prepare when there is no tape on what the other team is doing (Jets Offense). It is like going into the game blind. If you use yesterdays game as an example the Jets had two advantages on Offense and Defense.

1. A new offense that Buffalo nor anyone else in the NFL has tape of so its impossible to prepare for it. (Pre-season is vanilla)

2. They have tape on our offense so can prepare all summer on what to do to stop the Bills.

I understand we have a new defense but the Bills had no way to design a way to stop an offense which they have never seen.

The whole point is the whole NFL now has tape on the Jets and from here on out can properly prepare to play them. Let's see what the Steelers will do to them next week.

I do not hold stock in the first game of the year good or bad. Lets move on.

There is some truth in what you're saying, it's also possible the Jet's are much better than people thought. On the other hand tape or no tape can't explain away Fit'z terrible passes. You don't need to tape to be able to see that a defender is right in front of your receiver. I also think emotionaly the Jet's had more to prove as everyone was writing them off and making fun of them, while the Bill's were being praised.

I do agree next week will tell alot, if the Jet's go into Pitt and win then they likely are better than many thought, though even with a loss they still may be better than thought as I really doubt Pitt will lose their home opener to anyone following an opening game road loss.

I have heard multiple times on the radio and on TBD that the Bills had all summer to prepare for the Jets without thinking about one major point. That point is that there is no tape on the Jets offense but there is tape on the Bills offense. They have a new offense this year and Tony Sparano has not called plays since 2006 as a Dallas offensive coach.

What everyone needs to realize is that the first game of the year can be very tricky to prepare when there is no tape on what the other team is doing (Jets Offense). It is like going into the game blind. If you use yesterdays game as an example the Jets had two advantages on Offense and Defense.

1. A new offense that Buffalo nor anyone else in the NFL has tape of so its impossible to prepare for it. (Pre-season is vanilla)

2. They have tape on our offense so can prepare all summer on what to do to stop the Bills.

Tape, Scmape-no tape in the world or lack there of can be the blame for Fitz being a terrible quarterback and handing the game to the Jets before it even really got started.

I understand we have a new defense but the Bills had no way to design a way to stop an offense which they have never seen.

The whole point is the whole NFL now has tape on the Jets and from here on out can properly prepare to play them. Let's see what the Steelers will do to them next week.

I do not hold stock in the first game of the year good or bad. Lets move on.

Tape, Schmape-No video tape or lack there of can be blamed for Fitz being a terrible quarterback and singlehandedly giving the game to the Jets before it even got started for crying out loud. Edited by BuffBill

They had an entire off season to implement a new set of plays and schemes. Even more time to prepare to face to Jets since they were the first game... your tape argument is weak.

Fitz sucks and every team in the league will play him the same, they have since mid season of last year. Sit on all the short stuff and dare him to beat you over the top... he can't do it. He should of had 5 interceptions yesterday.

I heard one comment that they were so focused on preparing for Tebow they forgot to create a plan for Sanchez. To me we need to have corners that can stiff the wr at the line and lbs that can cover TEs right off the snap. Disrupting the quick hits and not having your safties cheating for possible runs allows your DL to get after the QB. I never saw any sort of stunting accept straight on rushes by the DL and than Mario made a comment about due to some factors he staye on left

There is some truth in what you're saying, it's also possible the Jet's are much better than people thought. On the other hand tape or no tape can't explain away Fit'z terrible passes. You don't need to tape to be able to see that a defender is right in front of your receiver. I also think emotionaly the Jet's had more to prove as everyone was writing them off and making fun of them, while the Bill's were being praised.

I do agree next week will tell alot, if the Jet's go into Pitt and win then they likely are better than many thought, though even with a loss they still may be better than thought as I really doubt Pitt will lose their home opener to anyone following an opening game road loss.

The offensive scheme is all about quick decisions and timing. The cromartie pick was all about coaching. Watch it again. Jets had the absolutely perfect coverage for that play. Cromartie faked with his first steps the man cover drop then sprinted to the flat to cut off Nelson's out. They basically understood the read in chans offense faked the coverage to have the pass go to Nelson on an out in the flat then cromartie went right to where the ball would go as the throw was in process.

It seems as clear as day, Rex has chans number.

On the other two picks either it was accuracy or timing that was off between qb and wr.

Only Fitz will know that...

The offensive scheme is all about quick decisions and timing. The cromartie pick was all about coaching. Watch it again. Jets had the absolutely perfect coverage for that play. Cromartie faked with his first steps the man cover drop then sprinted to the flat to cut off Nelson's out. They basically understood the read in chans offense faked the coverage to have the pass go to Nelson on an out in the flat then cromartie went right to where the ball would go as the throw was in process.

It seems as clear as day, Rex has chans number.

On the other two picks either it was accuracy or timing that was off between qb and wr.

Only Fitz will know that...

While I could see lack of film on the Jets new offense playing a very small part into the outcome of the game, I don’t think it would have made much difference if we did have film. It’s not like they were running some type of new offense no one had ever seen before. It doesn’t explain why their receivers were wide open on just about every single play. It appears that we were playing a lot of man coverage and our DBs were getting smoked all day long. Or maybe it was zone coverage and our DBs were just too slow to react. McLovin was a step behind on most plays and played about as good as he normally does…I thought the move inside was supposed to help him???? Gilmore looked lost but he gets a pass for now since it was his first game. The run D was pretty darn good and we didn’t really fall for their Tebow package or trickeration. Even the flea-flicker was well covered although I still can’t figure out why neither of our DBs made any type of play on that ball. It’s like they were both only watching the WR and not the ball. It appeared to me that we made virtually no adjustments throughout the game which baffles me. I read that Chan and Wanny talked after the game and came up with a way to tighten up the coverage….why after the game??? Why not at the half???

I know the sky is not falling…yet…but other than the run D, I really didn’t see much difference between this team and the one that dropped 7 straight last season. We still can’t cover anyone and Fitz is still inaccurate. It’s going to be a long year if we can’t/don’t get those 2 things fixed.