So the Bills defense sucks but the WRs blow!

TitansBills

that the wide receivers suck.They are slow and sluggish with a bunch of no namers with under 100 yards for each career. Stevie Johnson is only decent WR. Sorry, Bills fans but this season is already done. Fitzpatrick can't do anything without some decent WR core. Not to mention the Route running from the wideouts looked like high school football. Currently worst Defense in NFL. Enjoy the BUSH LEAGUE BILLS!

tootles!

Edited by TitansBills

It was their first game in the new defense, they are still learning it. Each game they should improve and by week 5-6 they should be a pretty good defense IMO. Several young players, and players playing different positions, as well as several new starters to go along with a new system, doesn't surprise me they started off with bunch of missed assignments and growing pains.

Was expecting better showing than they gave however. The turnovers by the offense didn't exactly help them, but didn't really expect to see a finished product yet. Was hoping the offense could do enough to allow the defense some time to gel, but apparently they need time as well.

It was their first game in the new defense, they are still learning it. Each game they should improve and by week 5-6 they should be a pretty good defense IMO. Several young players, and players playing different positions, as well as several new starters to go along with a new system, doesn't surprise me they started off with bunch of missed assignments and growing pains.

Was expecting better showing than they gave however. The turnovers by the offense didn't exactly help them, but didn't really expect to see a finished product yet. Was hoping the offense could do enough to allow the defense some time to gel, but apparently they need time as well.

Excuses. Terrible ones too.

that the wide receivers suck.They are slow and slugish with a bunch of no namers with under 100 yards for each career. Stevie Johnson is only decent WR. Sorry, Bills fans but this season is already done. Fitzpatrick can't do anything without some decent WR core. Not to mention the Route running from the wideouts looked like high school football. Currently worst Defense in NFL. Enjoy the BUSH LEAGUE BILLS!

tootles!

"Fitzpatrick can't do anything without some decent WR core". Lol. Fitz can't do anything unless his WR core had 4 Calvin Johnson clones. He's not very good and he's the reason The game was over early. Period.

Never been a Fitz fan as a QB but I really like the guy as a person... Worst game I ever been to in my life and Fitz was horrible... You guys can blame it on the fact that we have "no name" wideouts or whatever but Fitz clearly cannot accurately pass a ball for his life... He had all day to throw and wide receivers were open and Fitz threw it to CB's is all it is... All of which were turned into points by the Jets...

I'm obviously not giving up on Fitz cuz it's only week 1 but I sure hope he goes home tonight and does some soul searching cuz he looked beat and couldn't keep his head in the game... I'll be at the Ralph next week so I pray for the best...

I've got to say, after watching the game I think the two biggest areas of blame fall on Gailey/Wanny for preparation, and Fitz for execution - he did terrible today, and worse still, he looked to have given up before the half, even. Not what you want to see from the team "leader".

I'll have to say, this is really the first time I have been terribly frustrated with Fitz. We've always known what we had, a good game manager when he's at his best . . . yesterday, he was a game changer, in the worst possible way.

HOWEVER, that only masked what we have chosen to ignore, the signs were there in the preseason, and it really showed under the bright lights yesterday -- for all the hype, the defense is still not that good. Its hard to figure, they were decent against the run, but generated no pass rush at all, and the d-backs were almost non-existent in pass coverage. Hard to figure what's going on there ???? :cry:

that the wide receivers suck.They are slow and sluggish with a bunch of no namers with under 100 yards for each career. Stevie Johnson is only decent WR. Sorry, Bills fans but this season is already done. Fitzpatrick can't do anything without some decent WR core. Not to mention the Route running from the wideouts looked like high school football. Currently worst Defense in NFL. Enjoy the BUSH LEAGUE BILLS!

tootles!

Fitzpickhatrick couldn't hit the side of a moving barn yesterday and better start leadind them better and this is stuff he learned a long long time ago and vince young would've played better yesterday !

Who says TJ even needs to learn the playbook? There is NO WAY you can be worse than Fitz.

Actually, it is possible, he could have been Weedon of the Browns, and his 5.1 QB Rating.........

Players with QB ratings worse then Fitz after week 1 so far

- Russell Williams (62.5 in a Loss)

- Andrew Luck (52.9 in a loss)

- John Skelton (51.0 in a win, but was removed for Kolb)

- Michael Vick (51.0 in a Win)

- Ryan Tannehill (39.0 in a Loss)

- Brandon Weedon (5.1 in a loss to Michael Vicks team)

**In no way is this a defence of Fitzs play yesterday, I just wanted to point out some of the other poor QB play from yesterday and maybe give somewhat of a silver lining knowing that it could have been worse**

A couple of extra interesting stats from yesterday

- Fitzs 3 INTs tie him with Matt Stafford, Andrew Luck, and Ryan Tannehill, and one less then Vick and Weedon who each had 4 against each other in the same game

- Fitzs 3 TD passes puts him among the league leaders with Brees, Romo, Ryan, and Sanchez

So maybe those preseason games should have been used to develop a momentum instead of dick around w/ no game planning, little on-field experience for starters, etc....?

I've got to say, after watching the game I think the two biggest areas of blame fall on Gailey/Wanny for preparation, and Fitz for execution - he did terrible today, and worse still, he looked to have given up before the half, even. Not what you want to see from the team "leader".

This is why a team that finishes 1-8 should not being playing "vanilla" in the preseason. I kept getting angry at the lack of preparation but made it okay in my head that it was preseason. My fear was that it would carry over to the regular season and it did. Poor poor poor coaching and qbing yesterday. "It's hard to win in the nfl" when you do that.

Speaking of Jauron is it possible he is a better hc than Gailey?