Did Bills Brass See This Coming?

BuffaloATL

The Bills picked up Vince Young, then cut him suddenly when he had a bad game (I think his game performance was DECENT the game before, if I recall). They scrambled to grab T. Jackson last minute, which seemed pretty hasty and had many wondering why they made such an 11th hour move for someone who may not be better than Young. Is it possible that after working with the staff this offseason that Chan and Co knew that Fitz would struggle, and that they needed to go out and find a new starter once Fitz failed? If you recall, they put Trent Edwards out there for a little while, giving him every chance to sucseed, and then pulled the plug. I'm just wondering, did they see this coming with Fitz and THAT'S why they made the last minute trade for Jackson after Young struggled late? Discuss.

I honestly cannot figure out the Bills strategy when it comes to QBs. The team is 10-22 coming into the season under Chix, and despite that record, they have spent one pick on a QB in three drafts.

I get that they like Fitzpatrick, but most teams, especially teams at the bottom of the league, usually try to spend a pick or two in the draft on a QB to develop.

Considering how many of Nix's draft picks have been wastes, it's hard to believe that they wouldn't have taken a flyer here or there on the most important position on the field.

QB is the number one thing that has bothered me about this team. Fitz seems fine for a stop gap player, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't use a draft pick to develop a young QB.

Wilson and dalton are the obvious ones. And at the time, if colt mccoy fell to us in the third, I would have taken him then. Though in hindsight he probably was a bad idea

see WHAT coming exactly?

that fitz sucks? of course they saw it coming. anyone with a functioning eyeball could see it coming.

he led the nfl in interceptions just last season

But he played the last half of the season with cracked ribs you know right after signing that fat contract..... funniest bunch of BS I ever heard.

The Bills picked up Vince Young, then cut him suddenly when he had a bad game (I think his game performance was DECENT the game before, if I recall). They scrambled to grab T. Jackson last minute, which seemed pretty hasty and had many wondering why they made such an 11th hour move for someone who may not be better than Young. Is it possible that after working with the staff this offseason that Chan and Co knew that Fitz would struggle, and that they needed to go out and find a new starter once Fitz failed? If you recall, they put Trent Edwards out there for a little while, giving him every chance to sucseed, and then pulled the plug. I'm just wondering, did they see this coming with Fitz and THAT'S why they made the last minute trade for Jackson after Young struggled late? Discuss.

I agree, Fitz was a big reason for the last minute scrambling. I did believe though that it was more about potential health issues than performance, now I'm not sure. I do think they will have a quick trigger on him if he keeps playing like he did today.

Is this the David Lee is a smuck thread yet? Mechanics are not an easy fix, takes time, might not work. I think the FO knew that yeah, I don't think they expected that steaming pile of dog manure that Fitz laid out there though. If they did they should have demoted him and had an open competition for starter and brought in like 6 qbs. I am hoping this game was a fluke, the team needs to gel, learn from the mistakes, build some confidence etc....I still hope I am not kidding myself.

Somebody better remind Buddy that some babies are just fugly... horrible performance all the way around. Fitz does not look like he belongs as a starter...I am willing to give the defenese a little time to gel, but that was a sad showing. Felt like most of the second half of last season all over again...thank god for CJ Spiller.

Same old ****ty Bills. So much for the high expectations. Chan should have taken the preseason more seriously and got the starters more reps against opponents second string for confidence. They need every rep they can get at this point. Its absolutely pathetic all around. The Jets own us.

Offensively I blame Chan/Fitz. He's just as bad as Tebow throwing the ball. Has no deep ball whatsoever. The damn spread offense with its timing routes will never ever ever work with Fitz because he is too inaccurate. Gailey sucks and can't run a real NFL offense or adapt. And with our receiving core its an absolute joke to be in a spread. I would understand running it if you had Haywood Jeffries, Ernest Givins, Curtis Duncan, Drew Hill and Lorenzo White with a mobile, accurate QB like WM. When it gets cold, rainy, windy, snowy our receivers will most likely drop the ball or already be injured. Welcome to Buffalo. Get your asses under center and run run run with some playaction Chan you moron. So sick of seeing the shotgun and pistol every play. It will never work with the current roster, qb and receivers mostly. Spiller was the only bright spot I saw. Resign Vince Young, get Tavaris ready, do something to prepare and have a backup plan. Fitz is not the guy(VY wins games bottom line, 30+ Ws or around there, 17 losses, as a starter I'll take that Qb anyday). Tavaris would take much better care of the ball then Fitz.

Defensively I blame Wannastache. He sucked when he was the head coach of Miami, and Chicago and guess what? He's still a crappy/losing coach and always will be. We tried to play the bend but don't break D but instead we played bend and break D. Great!! It seemed our philosophy was get pressure with 4 Dline men and for the secondary and Lbs to have solid coverage but that didn't work. Their gameplan was to have Sanchez get the ball out fast and take our D line outta the picture and play conservatiave. Wannastache had no answer or adjustments. They marched our D all around the field. No one made and plays. Leodis is still the same old bust 1st round pick. He's always tight in coverage but never turns his head around in time to find the ball. He was god awful, you think he would learn. Jermey Kearly, really man?!?! And of course its not a Bills game without there tightend(back-up) beating our LBs.

Bruce DeHaven is garbage.

Nix put together a decent roster on paper. That's all it is though until our coaches do something. Totally unprepared to play a NFL game and it showed. 0-4 in the preaseason was taken way too lightly. Hit the panic button, we are a crap team.

And now the Bills want NY taxpayer funding for upgrades to the stadium. With all the money NFL makes you think they could front the cost. They can leave for all I care at this point. They have made me numb over the last 10 years+. Atleast our taxes would go down. Seriuosly how can people support garbage for this long of a time. Get real people with your high expectations. No wonder forbes ranked Buffalo in the bottom. We deserve it so

Go ahead and bash me. I welcome it. Actually, I'll enjoy it.

If they think TJ is the answer we are worse off than any one thought.