Spiller = Bees Knees

Numark

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My attorneys, Silverberg, Goldberd, and Silvershredderberg, advise me to inform you that you must pay me a royalty of twenty-five dollars every time you use my trademarked term Spillertime. We thus order you to either pay or cease and desist or we will not leave a scrap of meat on your bones.

I said it last week. Fred going down is a blessing in disguise. I love FJax and all he has done here, but Spiller is much better at this point.

Spiller leads the NFL in rushing FYI.

If he keeps it up (which I have no reason to believe he wont) then this is the passing of the torch, so to speak. Great game today, especially for a "bust".

I'm thinking keep FJax around in a 3rd down back role, similiar to what the Patriots did for years with Kevin Faulk, or what Buffalo had years ago with Davis backing up Thurman.

A guy that can step in as number one, but when put in fresh on 3rd down is practically unstoppable.

Wtf is choice even doing on the field?

Spiller was fantastic.. lost in his fumble is if Fitz hit him in stride and not underthrown him it could have gone for td but he still went up and made a nice grab just couldn't maintain possession

When the game was completely in hand Chan wanted to save CJ from unnecessary hits. Let Tashard show us what hes got and get some real game experience. I was OK with the decision.

This is not an overreaction/homer thread. I'm as critical of this team as anyone on this board. But, CJ Spiller is the real deal and I feel that he is already an elite back in this league. We NEED to build this offense around him and feed him the rock 20+ times a game. When Freddy returns, keep Spiller as the bell cow and use Fred as the 3rd down/short yardage back.

He is beasting right now, need to ride him while he's hot and this team can go places this season. Most importantly of all, running keeps the ball out of Fitz's hands, which is paramount to our success this year.

Yup Fatty. So right. He is looking like Priest Holmes out there. Catching everything, making very smart lane descisions. He could easily have 2,000 yards plus from scrimmage. I'm guessing 1,500+ rushing with another 500-800 receiving. Let's just hope Chan a) doesn't abandon the run like he has in the past and b) doesn't change out Spiller for Freddy when he gets back healthy. A good coach manages his players and puts in the best ones at that time. If Spiller continues and Chan starts Freddy when he comes back all I can say is I might be done with Chan forever.

Again, we shouldn't be too optimistic but seriously we could start making a case. We're still waiting for all the number to come in, but I think Spiller may be the leading rusher in the league at the end of week 2, and he's done it on less than 30 handoffs. He's averaging 10.1 yards a carry. That's a FIRST DOWN a carry. People won't be able to afford treating him as less than elite for long.

Except for a lucky few, the sun rises and sets quickly on a RB's chance to be great. The next couple years (at least) are Spiller's chance. Glad he's got a Bills' uniform on for it.

That's the main reason why I would be against drafting a new starter at QB. If we could find a veteran who can move this team without being a liability, we have a nice 3-5 year window here. Our young guys from a couple drafts ago are starting to become starters and playmakers, and we've drafted some REALLY nice players recently. CJ is busting out and the defense should be coming into their own soon. If we can find a QB and legit #2 WR, we have a chance to make some noise. But drafting a green QB who isn't ready to start from day 1 coudl be a mis-match given where everyone else is in their development.