WEEK #1 - Bills @ Jets Game Day Thread

boyst

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never want to see a start like this, but we will see how they respond. Teams either wake up and get a lot better after this kind of craptastic performance or they continue to sputter. This is year 3 for Chan and Fitz, I would have expected better execution from them. How many times do we have to hear - we left a lot of plays out there on the field. Enough.

Execute the plays, do your assignments, and stop making execuses.

Fitz was horrible. I have been a big defender of Fitz, but I am finally coming over to the camp that he is not the right QB for Chan's Offense. He is smart enough to run a complicated offense, but the inaccuracy of his passes just makes it too easy for them to be defended or he hangs his receivers out there to get injured. He got hot once last year, but he is not consistent enough to be where the elite QB's have to be.

It's hard for me because I see how much he wants to win, you see him scrambling with no concern for his safety or lead blocking for his team mates. You can't hang everything on him, the special teams got roasted for a TD and pinned us in our own end zone a few times and our defense did not show up at all.

I thought Chan would learn to lean on the running game a bit more after last year's passing game melt down, but he hasn't. And when he does he runs side to side too often in this spread, I would like to see some more North and South play calls when you have the D spread out like they are.

The question remains, why is McKelvin allowed to do anything other than return kicks. He remains totally clueless on defense but because he's always referred to as "athletic" he seems to stick around. My club has athletes; why can't they make the big bucks?

Our D must stand for Dareus. He appreared to be the only one playing.

Kyle Williams came to play.

I hate to pile on, but I called this along with a lot of other people. I caught crap for not being a homer fan boi, but there you have it. One guy thought I was a trolling Jets fan. We have some real geniuses on the board that refuse to see this team for what it is...again.

1) I knew the Jets would win and cover the dopey 3 point spread. I'm counting the money now. The Bills will be huge underdogs the rest of the season. This was your chance to cash in.

2) Fitz has shown that he is a second stringer at best. Coaches/GMs come out of Harvard, not first-string NFL QBs.

3) No playoffs again

4) Only a change in ownership will right this ship

I've seen plenty of comments about RW is not cheap, is cheap, blah blah. Apparently, we have a deep-rooted culture within the team that is not about winning at all costs, but about making money at all costs. Until this ownership and his minions are out, you can expect this to go on and on and on. Chan is not the man and Buddy is far from a genius. Who makes Fitz their number one QB? No one else in this league, that's who.

I still think they go 8-8, but that's about as much optimism that I'll place on this team.

I've seen plenty of comments about RW is not cheap, is cheap, blah blah. Apparently, we have a deep-rooted culture within the team that is not about winning at all costs, but about making money at all costs. Until this ownership and his minions are out, you can expect this to go on and on and on. Chan is not the man and Buddy is far from a genius. Who makes Fitz their number one QB? No one else in this league, that's who.

I still think they go 8-8, but that's about as much optimism that I'll place on this team.

"apparently" is the wrong word here. "obviously" is much more appropriate...and for almost all their history, it's been this way. i still have hope. if i didn't, it would be stupid to root for this team, and it probably is anyway. the hope is that they can win despite the 50+ year culture and history that wilson has so successfully milked and insulted fans with...but they can. the roster is, at least, respectable this year. they can compete if the coaching is there and the attitude. there's always next week...