Potential Chicago-area teacher strike

Doc

Where does Rahm send his little kids to school? You bet it is NOT the Chicago Public Schools! He lives in the Ravenswood neighborhood and the Mayor sends his kids to the private lab schools to rub noses with kids of other millionaires.

The Mayor doesn't even have faith in the public schools... Why should others?

Neither do the teachers.

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/09/14/almost-40-of-chicagos-public-school-teachers-send-their-kids-elsewhere-to-learn/

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Rahm send his little kids to school? You bet it is NOT the Chicago Public Schools! He lives in the Ravenswood neighborhood and the Mayor sends his kids to the private lab schools to rub noses with kids of other millionaires.

The Mayor doesn't even have faith in the public schools... Why should others?

Friggin' elitist...Democrat.

Neither do the teachers.

http://hotair.com/gr...where-to-learn/

Very telling.

Hey Rahm, why don't you work like these teachers work? Shut the A/C off on the 5th floor of City Hall.

They just had one teacher on saying how she bought 3 A/C units for her classroom with her own money... BUT can't plug them in!

Who's zooming who here with the rosy arses!

Link? What, did she buy 220's when 110's were the only outlets? She needs to go to burger flippin school to train for her next job.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Hey Rahm, why don't you work like these teachers work? Shut the A/C off on the 5th floor of City Hall.

They just had one teacher on saying how she bought 3 A/C units for her classroom with her own money... BUT can't plug them in!

Who's zooming who here with the rosy arses!

Of course, the district probably can't afford A/C, because all the money is going to teachers' salaries.

It is not a joke. Everybody defines "good" differently. Define "coasting." Your idea of coasting might not be my idea of coasting. The concept of tenure in education is not new... And you want to turn it on its head out of petty jealousy. That petty jealousy of yours is exactly why they need to be protected with tenure.

Anyway, no way these teachers are miracle workers and should ONLY be judged on quantitative test scores... IMO, that is the administration's version of "coasting." Get the boots on the ground to evaluate these teachers properly. Maybe get into that 100 degree classroom with no A/C and see what the teacher is actually doing!

Lots of projection in there. I wonder what that means.

Just a few points:

1. I don't like quantitative test scores as the method by which to measure teacher performance. There are other ways.

2. What does the A/C have to do with anything? Is that one of the demands of the strike?

3. The concept of tenure isn't new; nor are the concepts of slavery, racism, or genocide. <I can do BS hyperbole too. Tenure typically applies to those in higher education to protect those teaching politically unpopular curriculum from the administration, faculty, and the like. It's fairly odd to me that a 3rd grade teacher needs tenure.

Edited by Rob's House

Neither do the teachers.

http://hotair.com/gr...where-to-learn/

No sh*t richardhead... Do as your fearless leaders! Lead from example and it starts with Rahm bolting outta the public schools!

Of course, the district probably can't afford A/C, because all the money is going to teachers' salaries.

LoL... A/C's were bought with private funds... What are you saying? Things are so tight they can't absorb the spike in electric bills for a few months. Yeah... ComEd is really putting the screws to them. Then you want to totally base a teacher's evaluation on a kid that was sitting in a sweat box. Actually, every child should get wise and just put down "C" on the tests. They probably do! LoL... Revolt from within.

because the rich are not paying their fair share?

http://www.wbez.org/...dget-hole-97712

No. What is fair? Fair is not equal. Just squeeze more outta them... What are they gonna do? Cry? The whole basis of a progressive tax is that the rich can absorb it better than the masses and it is a lot easier to squeeze them too...

No sh*t richardhead... Do as your fearless leaders! Lead from example and it starts with Rahm bolting outta the public schools!

If Rahm had even the remnants of a nutsack, he'd start hiring replacement teachers at $50K a pop plus bennies as long as they don't belong to a union. Hire and fire based on individual performance. Period.

Blow the unions apart. Worked in Wisconsin. Because I keep hearing all these people on TV and radio who can't go to work because they have no place to keep their kids during the day.

Nice work, unions. Maybe one day you really will think about the kids, you selfish hostage-holding money-grubbing pricks.

I dunno. I went to High School in a public school building that was built as a WPA project. There was no air conditioning in that building.

So that means your building was going on 30-40 years old... Some of these same buildings are still in service going on 60-70 years old. You practically went to school in a new building!

I got you beat... I walked to school in the pouring rain, blinding snow... Uphill... BOTH ways!

Anyway... That is what you sleps don't get... No matter how hard someone makes it on you, you should make it easier on the next. Simple... No need to be bitter or jealous...

If Rahm had even the remnants of a nutsack, he'd start hiring replacement teachers at $50K a pop plus bennies as long as they don't belong to a union. Hire and fire based on individual performance. Period.

Blow the unions apart. Worked in Wisconsin. Because I keep hearing all these people on TV and radio who can't go to work because they have no place to keep their kids during the day.

Nice work, unions. Maybe one day you really will think about the kids, you selfish hostage-holding money-grubbing pricks.

Dude... Teachers start now at 35k...

There's a huge difference between one of the elite not wanting his children to be taught by Chicago teachers, and Chicago teachers not wanting their children to be taught by their fellow teachers. And didn't Emanuel just start putting his kids in private school, because of the strike?

Dude... Teachers start now at 35k...

Dude. Average Chicago teacher pay in Chicago is $73K PLUS bennies. If the average teacher's salary drops to $50K, the city wins, plus they can fire the money-grubbing union whores and put people to work who truly want to work for a living instead of holding 350,000 students hostage with their ridiculous demands for more, more, more.

There's a huge difference between one of the elite not wanting his children to be taught by Chicago teachers, and Chicago teachers not wanting their children to be taught by their fellow teachers. And didn't Emanuel just start putting his kids in private school, because of the strike?

No. They have always attended private schools... Sorta like how Rahm skirted residency: "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you."

He lives in Ravenswood I think... Would that be a feather in the cap for the neighborhood and for the schools to have the mayor actually see what goes on. There was once a time when civic pride trumped individual gains and mayors sent their children to public schools. Any wonder why others, including the teachers themselves, have lost faith?

This is like working for Ford on the assembly line and wacthing your CEO pull up in a BMW. Yeah, great morale builder there Rahm!

No. They have always attended private schools... Sorta like how Rahm skirted residency: "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you."

He lives in Ravenswood I think... Would that be a feather in the cap for the neighborhood and for the schools to have the mayor actually see what goes on. There was once a time when civic pride trumped individual gains and mayors sent their children to public schools. Any wonder why others, including the teachers themselves, have lost faith?

This is like working for Ford on the assembly line and wacthing your CEO pull up in a BMW. Yeah, great morale builder there Rahm!

You're pissing in the wind. Pointing out anyone's hypocrisy will not fix this.

Fire all the teachers. All of them. Period. Nothing will fix their ego-driven, self-serving, money-grubbing asses faster than finding themselves out of work. Do you have any idea how EASY it would be to fill those posts with unemployed teachers?

Fire them. All of them. C'mon Rahm, you big nutsucker. Do it. For the children.

Dude. Average Chicago teacher pay in Chicago is $73K PLUS bennies. If the average teacher's salary drops to $50K, the city wins, plus they can fire the money-grubbing union whores and put people to work who truly want to work for a living instead of holding 350,000 students hostage with their ridiculous demands for more, more, more.

But dude, some of those teachers buy paper and pencils for the kids. They should all make $250k. Cash. And add an extra month to summer vacation.

Fair point. So Barry and Rahm send their kids to private schools and in the process thumb their noses at their base. How do you reconcile that?

Fair point. So Barry and Rahm send their kids to private schools and in the process thumb their noses at their base. How do you reconcile that?

How crappy do your teachers have to be when they won't even put their own kids in their schools? It's like opening your own restaurant but refusing to eat there. Pretty embarrassing. But...that's what unions will do, unfortunately. Bring out the worse, take the dues, give them tenure...and hold everyone hostage for more money.

You forget Clinton too. I don't reconcile it... It is a travesty. I suppose if you want me to reconcile it... Better to have those guys thumbing their noses than guys like Mitt or Bush... They thumb their nose across the board...

You forget Clinton too. I don't reconcile it... It is a travesty. I suppose if you want me to reconcile it... Better to have those guys thumbing their noses than guys like Mitt or Bush... They thumb their nose across the board...

But the teachers need tenure to protect them against the wrath that would come from failing the children of all the powerful school board members who put their kids in private school.

How crappy do your teachers have to be when they won't even put their own kids in their schools? It's like opening your own restaurant but refusing to eat there. Pretty embarrassing. But...that's what unions will do, unfortunately. Bring out the worse, take the dues, give them tenure...and hold everyone hostage for more money.

That's a better analogy., but more like working at a restaurant and refusing to eat there.

They thumb their noses because unions have outlived their utility and are now a huge drag on the country. But a Dem thumbing their nose at the teacher's union is essentially thumbing their nose at all unions. Not unlike holding the DNC in a "right-to-work" state.

The rich will always want to separate themselves from the riff-raff. At least the Repubs are honest about it.