Thursday Night Football sucks

billsfan89

I'm with the OP. With Sunday Ticket, even though I am watching the Bills game, I can flip to the other games or flip over to redzone channel, and have a great feel for the majority of the action going on during the day, which is also helpful from a FF perspective.

It's tough for me to justify to my family setting aside a Thursday night also to watch a single game that is likely of marginal interest.

Then instead of setting aside the night.... You could just click over occasionally? Or watch sports center to "get a feel."

I just don't get it. Do you guys that feel like you have to watch every game humanly possible, somehow measure your worth or fanhood by not missing any snaps that someone else might be watching?

Just go to firstrowsports.eu

It's legit, I watched all the preseason games on it and plan on watching the Thursday night game on it

You can also watch all the MMA and Boxing pay per views live for free on that site...

As far as this topic...seriously think about this. The game Thursday night isnt a game you were gonna watch on Sunday anyway as you're watching the Bills play. So why do you care about a game you don't care about, aren't gonna watch anyway, and is gonna make no difference in your Football experience anyway?

And if you really want to see it but something else is on, than just DVR the other programming and watch later...best way to do it anyway so you can fast forward through comercials...

Take this for what it's worth, but I guy I know who works for Time Warner has told me more than once that Time Warner will never pikc up NFL Network after what happened last fall where they thought they had a deal done.

He says it's deeply personal between the execs at TW and NFLN

It makes sense... I hope he's wrong though

Edited by TheFunPolice

Take this for what it's worth, but I guy I know who works for Time Warner has told me more than once that Time Warner will never pikc up NFL Network after what happened last fall where they thought they had a deal done.

He says it's deeply personal between the execs at TW and NFLN

It makes sense... I hope he's wrong though

Eventually money will trump ego.

Either it will hurt TWC or the nfl enough to suck up their pride.

Do you guys that feel like you have to watch every game humanly possible, somehow measure your worth or fanhood by not missing any snaps that someone else might be watching?

I don't think it's anything like that. I'd like to keep up to date generally on the NFL action, but don't have the time to watch more than about 3-5 hours of football on Sunday (and maybe a 1/4 of the MNF game).

By the games being bunched together on Sunday afternoon, I feel like I have a better feel for the NFL action, and can always cut to interesting parts during the games. It's almost like watching March Madness on the opening days of the tourney.

Oh yeah, its not like Monday night football has high ratings or is a national game or anything...

You've misinterpreted.

It's not the ABC Monday Night Football brand I grew up with. It was the marquee game in most cases with a more interesting booth.

I watch it now. It's just not the same.