Live Feed DNC

B-Man

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great speech by Michelle IMO. Pretty much refuted Romney's speech without saying his name.

"Success isn't about how much money you make, it's about the difference you make in people's lives." - Mrs. Obama

that was a very good line. i'm wondering how many undecideds believe it though. that's likely the question that decides the election.

Great speech by Michelle IMO. Pretty much refuted Romney's speech without saying his name.

"Success isn't about how much money you make, it's about the difference you make in people's lives." - Mrs. Obama

So are you suggesting that Michelle was insinuating that Romney has not made a difference in people's lives??

Edited by Chef Jim

Wrong, and...wrong. Success is how the individual defines it, not what the First Lady says it is.

This country is !@#$ed up.

I gotta say, I think Michelle's speech was the most effective of the night. It's hard for me to gauge what will sway those who don't know (or don't want to know) what I do, but in my estimation of the sensibilities of moderates, I assume her speech had the most impact. It wasn't great, but for a 1st lady speech it was pretty good.

Ann Romney won her night. Michelle unsurprisingly won hers.

Hurrah! Home run by Michelle and Casto really were great, I was worried that the evil one might actually win and have a chance to crush average Americans. Romney wants to kill poor Americans and force more middle class people into poverty to make sure the gated communities are even more lush with cash.

Mrs.O was very good, everyone else...not real impressive.

Nobody knocked it out of the park but only a very few people actually did poorly in my opinion and multiple people did well. All in all, for the Dems more so than the repubs going forward they need to capitalize on some momentum coming out of this b/c the days of outspending will be over from here on out.

Nobody knocked it out of the park but only a very few people actually did poorly in my opinion and multiple people did well. All in all, for the Dems more so than the repubs going forward they need to capitalize on some momentum coming out of this b/c the days of outspending will be over from here on out.

Won't matter much. The economy is still dismal, things are worse than 4 years ago from any measurable statistic, and aren't likely to improve anytime soon.

I actually agree with that, but I thought the line was good in a political sense.

No it wasn't. It was like her husband telling people that business owners didn't build bridges or roads. What did it mean? That people who make lots of money didn't improve people's lives while doing so? What's the point if that line?

I didn't catch the early one's, but the old blonde with the bad accent wasn't very good, the MA gov wasn't very good - terrible inflection; Obama could have given the same speech MUCH more convincingly, Castro was ok but mostly just rattled off Dem cliches & stereotypes - His inflection was good at times but too often came off as phony when he tried to come off as passionate. Michelle was the only one that didn't have glaring and obvious weaknesses.

I gotta say, I think Michelle's speech was the most effective of the night. It's hard for me to gauge what will sway those who don't know (or don't want to know) what I do, but in my estimation of the sensibilities of moderates, I assume her speech had the most impact. It wasn't great, but for a 1st lady speech it was pretty good.

Good lord you of all people I expected to see though this. I got a loan, dad got a loan and here I am on tv with my pink dress! I'm a mom, just like that war mom!

Michelle.-"I made it though collage with grants and loans. But when that came up short dad took out a loan. That's what a man he was." Taking out loans? What a mindset. I had to turn it off.

Really? it's how a great many people start small businesses and the vast majority buy homes. you've heard of business loans and lines of credit right? ya think romney was ever in a leveraged position? didn't he proudly point out the risks he took in starting bain at the republican convention? why is his risk taking more honorarable than the first lady's father's.