What if Thigpen Looks Great Thursday?

I know it's unlikely, but let's say with his back to the wall, Thigpen comes out and really lights it up. Looks like the 2nd coming of Montana. Clearly provides Bills with the best QB performance we've seen not only in the preseason, but in several years.

Jackson's on a renogiated contract so I reckon he's safe.

Does Gailey go against his promise to keep Smith #3 on the depth chart?

If not, what about Fitz?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Jackson move when I first heard about it, but the more I've thought about it the more I love it. I wish TT all the best, but Chan basically said it in his press conference that TT has given him zero confidence that he can be consistent in any way. With this being a make or break year for Fitzy, Tavaris gives us a legit, viable option at the #2 spot in terms of his ability to come into a game and lead us to a win. I think we'll look back at this season when all is said and done and consider throwing TT under the bus that TJax was driving one of the best moves we made for 2012.

Tarvaris was a good pickup for the price. He'll alleviate some of our concerns. He's no Frank Reich but he'll be an ok backup until we upgrade further. If we are really lucky Chan and Lee will be able to get more out of him than previous coaches. Now fans can fret on other things.

Tarvaris was a good pickup for the price. He'll alleviate some of our concerns. He's no Frank Reich but he'll be an ok backup until we upgrade further. If we are really lucky Chan and Lee will be able to get more out of him than previous coaches. Now fans can fret on other things.

Agreed. He'll be a solid #2 in the even that Fitz gets it together and keeps it together, or if Fitz can't get it done then Tavaris will be a good transitional QB until we trade for or draft a legit starter. As for TT, I don't see a place for him here anymore.

I have a feeling Thigpen must be good at running the scout team in practice or something. Maybe as a backup he pays attention to details that are the backups job and that's why Chan likes him. Maybe Thigpen is not a very good QB on the field but is someday coach material. There has to be a reason Chan likes the guy.

What makes you think he even sees the field tonight?

J/K, kinda.

I'd say it's highly unlikely, but if it did play out that way, he'd be saving himself from sitting out in '12, albeit for another team in desparate need for a backup/3rd stringer.

But you guys all love Chan and his backing of fitz. Must be something he saw in thigpen too. Thigpens had a lot of time to learn the offense and be knows this is a make or break performance for him. So again what if shines brightly ? Can bills so easily part ways given what they seen out of Fitz this preseason, being backed up by a total newcomer in Jackson ?

what if elvis grbac driving a winnebago made of swiss cheese rolls out of my butt?

What if meat seaps out of your head? You will have meat rolling out of your head, and cheese seaping out of your butt!

You could make yourself a meat and cheese sandwhich.

What if meat seaps out of your head? You will have meat rolling out of your head, and cheese seaping out of your butt!

You could make yourself a meat and cheese sandwhich.

And if he pee'd wine he would be a complete dinner!