Jets fans turning on their team/Rex in hot water?

I agree 100% The Jets tried building an immediate winner like the Cowboys & Redskins and got as far as the AFC Championship game twice (I agree the first year was by luck). Now, they have to rebuild, but they're still doing whatever it takes to remain in the spotlight and have the media focus a ton of attention on them, just so they can sell tickets.

They made the playoffs based in part to luck, but reaching the AFCCG was not due to luck.

And like I've said good coaches know how to control players. Being a coach isn't just about X's and O's. It's people skills too. Like i said before, Parcells had a lot of egos to deal with when he was coaching but nobody messed with him because he had control of his team. GM gave him the tools to succeed and Rex didn't get the job done.

And what's Parcells' lifetime record when he didn't have Belichick on staff?

This thread does kind of reinforce the point that if Ryan has a talented roster, his teams do well. That's not a given among NFL coaches.

Edited by GG

LT was past his prime in SD, so I don't classify that as a good move. Plaxico was past his prime and coming out of jail. Alan Faneca was another high-profile, high-priced FA towards the end of his career brought in by Tannenbaum. Extending Mark Sanchez so his feelings weren't hurt by bringing in Tim Tebow was another head scratcher.

Given how Rex has full autonomy over the defense, I put the blame squarely on the GMs shoulders for the offense.

LT was the key to their offense in 2010, but otherwise I agree with the poor decisions in FA on offense. But the Jets' biggest issue is that Sanchez simply has not lived up to expectations. He's average at best, sometimes looks good, othertimes he's awful. And to further compound that issue, they sign a--hole prima donas like Holmes and Edwards at WR who are more concerned with their stats than with helping out their QB. That's a recipie for disaster and exactly what happened last year. How many times will Sanchez miss a wide open Holmes before the tantrums start this year? Probably not many.

The core of those teams were drafted during the Mangini years. The Jets lucked into the playoff the first year because the Colts rested their starters (plus a bunch of crazy scenarios playing out in weeks 16&17 involving the Steelers, Jags, Texans if IIRC).

The Jets (IMHO) are a team in decline because they have drafted terribly the last 3 years. They tried to build a team by buying high priced free agents (A la the old Cowboys and Redskins teams) and that has never worked. This means one of two things. Either I know more about football than their GM (unlikely) or they just care about selling PSLs in that fancy new stadium.

Mangini was 4-12 with that same team..

They may have "lucked into the playoffs" but, unlike the typical Colts playoff run, they made the most of both playoff appearances. They won 4 games on the road, including Colts and pats.

They made the playoffs based in part to luck, but reaching the AFCCG was not due to luck.

And what's Parcells' lifetime record when he didn't have Belichick on staff?

This thread does kind of reinforce the point that if Ryan has a talented roster, his teams do well. That's not a given among NFL coaches.

If teams didn't rest their starters, the Jets wouldn't have made it to the playoffs, but sometimes that's all you need is luck. The Giants barely made the playoffs last season and won the Superbowl. I give credit for the Jets making it to the AFC Championship game that year. The playoffs is a brand new season.

If teams didn't rest their starters, the Jets wouldn't have made it to the playoffs, but sometimes that's all you need is luck. The Giants barely made the playoffs last season and won the Superbowl. I give credit for the Jets making it to the AFC Championship game that year. The playoffs is a brand new season.

Again, not disputing the help they got from Indy in the season finale to make it to the playoffs. But they made the most of the opportunity once they got there.

As others pointed out, Ryan did much better with Mangini's staff and seems to get more out of his players than most coaches. He's a big mouthed blowhard, but he's a far better coach than his dad.

Edited by GG

first of all, jets fans are the most obnoxious in the nfl, but that doesnt explain why some have already turned on their team. hell, many fans here have already turned on the bills and thats just because they havent done well in the practice games. the point is, fans are hysterically overreactionary everywhere

that said, i sure do hope the jets bicker and implode, but i aint counting on it. thats still a veteran team with a ton of talent in spots, they are going to have a tough defense, and any time you have that you can win games. the offense has looked like a train wreck, but they probably wont be anywhere near that bad when the games count, and only need to score more than their stout defense will allow, which shouldnt be much most weeks

im guessing they will be at least three point favorites in the opener, and thats only bc spreads are usually very low in week 1. really they should be more like 4-5 point favorites, and i think thats for a reason. still gonna be very tough to go in there and knock them off to start the season. both teams should look better than they did in preseason, it would be a huge win for the bills to start 1-0 on the road, i just hope they can pull it off

I agree 100% The Jets tried building an immediate winner like the Cowboys & Redskins and got as far as the AFC Championship game twice (I agree the first year was by luck). Now, they have to rebuild, but they're still doing whatever it takes to remain in the spotlight and have the media focus a ton of attention on them, just so they can sell tickets.

Yes. Reminded me of this quote from Seinfeld...."Yes, you are right. It's all about me me me. Please look at me. I am so pretty. Love me. Want me..." REX IS A DANDY BOY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWGciuLuH8k&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by Cville Bills

3 years as a hc

2 afc championship games

0 seasons with a losing record

Why is he considered mediocre?

because his record is 9-7, 11-5 and 8-8 and things don't look good for this season. I think his situation is much more complicated and dismissing him as a coach is premature. A lot of coaches have a very difficult time achieving success on their first head coaching stint and he has done pretty well. Some of his wounds are self inflicted, but he has yet to have a losing season.