Final cuts: Thiggy vs Vince

bowery4

who makes it  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Vince or Thigpen

• Thigpen
    • Young
    • Pick someone off the waiver wire

I thought part of the problem was that the Steelers #2s on D >>> Bills #2s on OL. Vince looked like he was managing a jailbreak on every play.

Heck once Wood went out Steelers #1s on D >>> Bills #1 and backup C/G on OL. Gailey said it: "Fitz got hit too much, he had too many guys around him"

But then there's Bills #1s >> Stillers OL at times so it's not all bad.

Thats what i saw by the 4th quarter he had lost his wits.

Playing with the ones is the only fair way to judge because our twos are really struggling.

Vince made some decent plays. His ints were all on him though.

So how about that Tashard choice then!

ps. next season's draft doesnt bode well for us getting a qb.( unless the stink fest continues. JK!)

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm starting to wonder if Chan is a bit too clever with this offense. Is it so complicated you need Watson to run it?

PTR

Agreed. Chan's system would do better to get the basics right first. Don't confuse complexity for productivity. The Steelers offense started moving when Ben called his own plays and executed them perfectly.

Edited by Green Lightning

seriously? Do you expect Young to have a full grasp of the Offense along with a good feel for his supporting cast this quickly when he's been switching back and forth from twos to threes?

Yes. I do. He should absolutely have a full grasp of the offense and the receivers that he'll be throwing to this season. Peyton Manning does, Russell WIlson does, Ryan Tanneyhill does, why shouldn't Vince Young? That's absurd to think that he shouldn't.

I was thinking Crick.

Rosalind Franklin still getting the shaft I see. <sigh>

Yes. I do. He should absolutely have a full grasp of the offense and the receivers that he'll be throwing to this season. Peyton Manning does, Russell WIlson does, Ryan Tanneyhill does, why shouldn't Vince Young? That's absurd to think that he shouldn't.

They wear better cleats, man. C'mon, keep up. ;)

I'm starting to wonder if Chan is a bit too clever with this offense. Is it so complicated you need Watson to run it?

PTR

I think the issue here is Chan has specific plays he wants to test in the preseason and that is what we're running, rather than the normal game-plan

Recall they weren't this bad last season, even when they lost - 3 games after Washington excepted. (Jets, Dallas, Mia as I recall?)

But maybe I'm just .... Hopeful

Rosalind Franklin still getting the shaft I see. <sigh>

OMG I'm in love! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: