Has Anyone Broken Down Gilmore's Play?

In the redskins game we dont even know if Garcon was his assignment on that play......

All corners get beat...the question is does it get covered up by a massive pass rush up front? It mostly will this year.

The interesting thing is I couldnt help but get this feelign that the longer the starters were on the field (especialy Gilmore) that eventually a game changing play was gonna be made....we started substituting really really quickly in these games.

If you're referring to the screen on which he scored, Garcon was McKelvin's man on that play.

And I just rewatched the Harvin screen to open the Minny game and it wasn't even on Gilmore's side of the field.

The only play I've noticed where he got "beat" is the quick slant against Minny.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I believe he was beat bad on the first big play in the Redskins game when Garcon ran a slant/post... cant exactly remember the route. Just going off of the top of my head however.

I think it was a deep in garçon ran, Gilmore kept dropping maybe playing a go route or zone. This might have been an error and may have been coverage. Coach will know.

I thought the screen to garcon was a worse looking play. He reacted late and got swallowed up by a pulling guard. Garcon had a great run after catch. Looked like a rookie, which is ok since HE IS a rookie.

Just like Darius the guy will be a solid starter for years to come.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I think it was a deep in garçon ran, Gilmore kept dropping maybe playing a go route or zone. This might have been an error and may have been coverage. Coach will know.

I thought the screen to garcon was a worse looking play. He reacted late and got swallowed up by a pulling guard. Garcon had a great run after catch. Looked like a rookie, which is ok since HE IS a rookie.

Just like Darius the guy will be a solid starter for years to come.

As already said, on the screen play Garcon was covered by McKelvin, not Gilmore. And I'm almost positive on that deep in route Garcon got open on, he was being covered by McKelvin again, not Gilmore.

So far the slant to Simpson, is the only play I remember being to Gilmore.

EDIT: So I went back and watched and in the Redskins game there was technically 3 balls that went Gilmores way. But it looks like the Bills were in a soft zone coverage on 2 of the throws to Garcon. So Gilmore was playing really far off and Garcon cut his route off and went across the middle where Wilson picked him up, except he was open when he came into Wilsons zone.

On the screen that went for a TD, again Gilmore was playing back in a zone and McKelvin was up at the line, covering the slot receiver. Technically Garcon was Gilmores man to cover but McKelvin should have recognised the screen and made a better play.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

We need to sit Gilmore on the first play of the game; after that, he is money.

I didn't notice honestly. I thought ibsaw him get beat once or twice in those games but wasn't paying too much attention myself. I was simply going off what others have said and it seemed like the QB picking on the young player early to test the potential weakness. Just like during a game if a starter goes down and a backup comes in at the CB position, usually a Vet QB will try and take advantage of that quickly before the player filling in can adjust to the game speed.