Wealth Redistribution

taxes are not voluntary, thats why they are taxes. again, give charity on ur own time... i didnt vote to support the mormon church or some stupid art gallery... thats not the point of taxation...

think about it... imagine some rich !@#$ giving money to scientology instead of that revenue going to the democratic process... its a joke...

oh wait, we basically have the same thing with romney

btw, all taxes are redistribution.... thats what a tax is... christ

It's called a charitible deduction. You can give them as well and write it off on your taxes. That way you can reduce your tax bill.

Not a new concept, been around for years.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taxes are not voluntary, thats why they are taxes. again, give charity on ur own time... i didnt vote to support the mormon church or some stupid art gallery... thats not the point of taxation...

think about it... imagine some rich !@#$ giving money to scientology instead of that revenue going to the democratic process... its a joke...

oh wait, we basically have the same thing with romney

btw, all taxes are redistribution.... thats what a tax is... christ

This is not coherent. I understand that you are trying to communicate ideas, but none of them make sense in this context.

I have one word for you. Solyndra.

One word for you BAIN CAPITAL!

Do you know how many companies are bought then dismantled? Romney LIKES to fire people.

Do you actually know how many start ups fail each year?

I stand by what I said, whatever it was. - Mitt Romney

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Do you know how many companies are bought then dismantled? Romney LIKES to fire people.

So start-ups failing is the fault of the investor who gave them the opportunity?

You couldn't possibly be dumber if you tried. You don't even have the vauguest concept of what a firm like Bain Capital does, do you?

tax policy is democratic. give charity on ur own time...

im not voting to support the mormon church... !@#$ off with that ****...

thats the whole point of elections. if repubs win, then deal with it, if dems win, deal with it...

when you give to a charity the charity tries to reduce overhead and make sure that as much of he money gets to where you intended it to go.

When the government takes it, only a portion of it ever gets back to the people in the form of services.

Ok, Joe Biden, nice one word response. BTW, your quote about Romney standing by whatever he said isn't so wrong. When a person is confident with strong morals and knows where he came from and where he is going, he can make a statement like that. In other words, he doesn't say schit just to say it. He knows he's not a bs'er and knows if he said it, he meant it. Isn't that refreshing, especially when we have a POTUS that bs's all the time?

The parts that make up a business are sometimes worth more separate than together, and by liquidating that business, and drawing out the healthy capital it allows that wealth to be better preserved for future investment in more stable companies and business endeavors which is good for long term prosperity, economic growth, and net job creation. The economy isn't static, and not all jobs or business models are equal. Bain Capital, and other firms like them, fill a hugely important role. They are excellent at finding misallocated capital, and extracting and reemploying it, preserving it and keeping it in the economy.

i didnt vote to support the mormon church or some stupid art gallery

Got some bad news for you. You did vote to support some "stupid" art gallery. Ever hear of the National Endowment for the Arts? Of course not they don't give money to finger painting classes.

Ok, Joe Biden, nice one word response. BTW, your quote about Romney standing by whatever he said isn't so wrong. When a person is confident with strong morals and knows where he came from and where he is going, he can make a statement like that. In other words, he doesn't say schit just to say it. He knows he's not a bs'er and knows if he said it, he meant it. Isn't that refreshing, especially when we have a POTUS that bs's all the time?

You feel that this describes/characterizes Romney or are you contextualizing?

Edited by Juror#8

The parts that make up a business are sometimes worth more separate than together, and by liquidating that business, and drawing out the healthy capital it allows that wealth to be better preserved for future investment in more stable companies and business endeavors which is good for long term prosperity, economic growth, and net job creation. The economy isn't static, and not all jobs or business models are equal. Bain Capital, and other firms like them, fill a hugely important role. They are excellent at finding misallocated capital, and extracting and reemploying it, preserving it and keeping it in the economy.

BY LAW, publicly traded companies are required to maximize return to the investors. They cannot just do what is socially correct. They are in the business of making money and the people in Washington have regulations which mandate that.

So if someone doesn't like BAIN, they can go thank the government for making the business that way.

Prove it. Where's your link. You conservative friends say it's only common courtesy to provie a link

Given that unemployment is higher today than whe President Obama took office, it stands to reason the if Mitt Romney created even one job during his tenure at Bain he has created more than the president.

You can NOT include the jobs created by BCafter Mitt left in 1999.

Up until them Mr. Romney had created "tens of thousands" of jobs.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303292204577519293959381060.html

http://www.american.com/archive/2012/january/how-many-jobs-did-romney-create-at-bain/

Before 1999 10,000 , after Mitt left 140,000.

So which is it. Was Romney part of Bain AFTER 1999?

BY LAW, publicly traded companies are required to maximize return to the investors. They cannot just do what is socially correct. They are in the business of making money and the people in Washington have regulations which mandate that.

So if someone doesn't like BAIN, they can go thank the government for making the business that way.

Agency theory has nothing to do with the absolute necessity of Bain's role in the economy.