Paul Ryan VP. Still want to debate the Walker Recall?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Another lefty habit that gives me a chuckle. The You Just Don't Get It comeback

We just don't get their bold, bubble-headed way of thinking. Like how the "Romney killed a guy's wife" ad wasn't meant to insinuate that Romney killed a guy's wife.

Watching the hysterical reaction from the left yesterday over Romney choosing Paul Ryan as his veep makes you wonder how much was pre-written boilerplate, with the Republican candidate’s name simply dropped in at the last minute, once Romney formally made his announcement. It’s sort of the Bizarro World version of the riff brainwashed into the skulls of Frank Sinatra and the rest of Laurence Harvey’s troops by the Soviets and Communist China in The Manchurian Candidate: “Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.” Instead this weekend, we’re getting “INSERT NAME OF REPUBLICAN TO BE DEMONIZED HERE is the worst, vilest, sexist, homophobic, God-worshipping, Second Amendment-supporting, budget cutting, evilest human being I’ve ever known in my life.

http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2012/08/12/im-laurence-harvey-and-i-approve-this-message/

Romney embraced Ryan after the sociopathic — indifferent to the truth — ad for Barack Obama that is meretricious about every important particular of the death from cancer of the wife of steelworker Joe Soptic. Obama’s desperate flailing about to justify four more years has sunk into such unhinged smarminess that Romney may have concluded:

There is nothing Obama won’t say about me, because he has nothing to say for himself, so I will chose a running mate whose seriousness about large problems and ideas underscores what the president has become — silly and small. . . . Romney’s selection of a running mate was, in method and outcome, presidential. It underscores how little in the last four years merits that adjective.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-romneys-presidential-pick/2012/08/12/9075c0e4-e48c-11e1-936a-b801f1abab19_story.html

Only skimming first page but in response to the $15 a question at town hall...I would actually like that. People going to think about the question and if they still ask a dumb one then I'll give a $15 response and not brush it off. I like it.

He was who I was hoping for. I've got a lot of faith in paul Ryan. He will help make this an election about big things

Once again skimming front page but I agree w/ this. One way or the other both parties have to get in the dirt and deal with issues that aren't so easy to get people excited about and regardless of who you vote for this will help to that end.

Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?

i find it kinda scary. but, i'm a weak, withering liberal, don't ya know?

No, it's just that neither of you understand strength, real strength, because I seriously doubt either of you have ever had to be, really. I don't know if you are weak. But I do know: you ain't strong.

Strong people don't have tell other people how moral they are birdog, do they? They are not "moral by association" either, Mr. That's Why I'm a Democrat. :lol: They just show it. Smart people don't have to tell other's how good they are at "subtext :lol:" tgreg, do they? They just show it.

Thus, when confronted with real strength, or upon seeing the real weakness in the people you support(Ryan Vs. Obama), it makes you uncomfortable. So, you do the only thing you can: make a "joke" :blink: and hope that prevents others from noticing your/their inadequacies. Yeah...good one. :lol: I thought you were a writer? If you're going to make fun of me, let's see some effort.

Of course...I'm not calling either of you weak, that's for other posters to decide. However, one thing I'm absolutely sure is a sign of weakness:

Putting Paul Ryan in the front row and bashing on him...because you are too scared to take him on man to man is pure weakness.

Neither of you 2 have addressed that point directly, man to man. Instead you are trying to "find" humor....where it already exists in a form you don't comprehend. :lol: Well, will you be strong, really strong....or will you choose weakness?

I just have this image in my head of OC playing whatever sport he's referencing (I assume football) and someone talking trash to him after a play. Then OC coolly as ever asks the guy for his jersey number, whips out the pencil he keeps in his sock and writes it down...

Is he unable to read the number on the guy's jersey? Or does he just not believe everything he reads? Why else would he have to ask a guy for his jersey number during a game, let alone write it down.

I'm pretty sure you're right -- and I'm not even trying to take the piss with OC. I honestly pictured what he wrote and laughed my ass off. Not at him cause he didn't mean it like that, but what he wrote is still a ridiculous comedic image.

Totally stealing it.

I wrote it in a style that you've never heard, have you?

Now, anybody whose every been on a team, any kind of team, that doesn't suck, that is expected to win, but there's a good chance they won't, and whose winning or losing will actually matter and affect lives forever, and that knows that will require real blood, real sweat and real tears?

They've heard that language before. You....haven't.

Again, not saying you're weak...it's just that you don't really know it, do you?

Hint: It's not chest thumping...it's the exact opposite....but you are struggling with that too, aren't you?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

:lol:

Another lefty habit that gives me a chuckle. The You Just Don't Get It comeback

I'm just skimming the topic but LOL @ that "just don't get it" being a "lefty" attack.

You guys talking about debates like they matter are nuts. Debates are just speeches. Pols answer questions or don't...then give a speech. Palin couldn't even spell debate and she did fine under the new debate standard..

And that debate she gave pulled her back into the "somewhat reasonable to ultra conservatives" realm...away from slipping off the edge all together with everybody. They are not debate no question about that...but they are hugely important in the scheme of things. They are the most important speeches candidates give.

One of the events in north Carolina drew around 10k people and now the rally in Wisconsin just drew 10k +.

I watched both of them (because that's what I do) and the energy was off the charts. Ryan isn't just a ridiculously intelligent dude, extremely articulate, but who knew? A phenomenal speaker in front of large crowds, and he speaks with inspiration. this guy has the promise to add not only a lot for the country but a lot to mitts campaign. He's the star of the ticket, no doubt about it.

I'm just skimming the topic but LOL @ that "just don't get it" being a "lefty" attack.

And that debate she gave pulled her back into the "somewhat reasonable to ultra conservatives" realm...away from slipping off the edge all together with everybody. They are not debate no question about that...but they are hugely important in the scheme of things. They are the most important speeches candidates give.

=Whatever, you guys have it all figured out.

One of the events in north Carolina drew around 10k people and now the rally in Wisconsin just drew 10k +.

I watched both of them (because that's what I do) and the energy was off the charts. Ryan isn't just a ridiculously intelligent dude, extremely articulate, but who knew? A phenomenal speaker in front of large crowds, and he speaks with inspiration. this guy has the promise to add not only a lot for the country but a lot to mitts campaign. He's the star of the ticket, no doubt about it.

I actually agree. Now the Obama squad has to attack him and his plan to attack Mitt and he's excellent at defending it...plus it puts the best man to defend it in front of the microphone to answer all the attacks. In the end while some pundits say it opens them up to a hot button attack target...he was open anyway and now he has someone good to answer for it. Someone who basically will know more about everything budget related than almost anyone else. Plus...it turns everything into budget talk. Ultimately I think Ryan will go down as a good pick. Win or lose.

Oh it absolutely is. The right will never say that: they will say "you are too stupid to get it". :lol: Or, they would spend the next 5 pages of a thread explaining what you don't get, in the hopes that you will get it, but if you don't, then they would say "you are too stupid to get it".

But never, ever would they allow your ignorance or stupidity to slide without making damn sure you were held accountable for it. Hence, "you are too stupid", rather than "you just don't".

The right isn't interested in your feelings...as much as they are in your ability to contaminate the rest of the world with your idiocy.

Hence: "you just don't get it" can never ever be a real device of the right. Kinda like: Obama is a f'ing idiot for the way the stimulus was handled....it's not that he just doesn't get economics.

Edit:

Easy way to remember: the right is for NOT everbody gets a trophy.

The more "debates are no big deal" posts I read?

The more fear I smell. :lol:

There's fear and insecurity....asses are puckering....little drops of sweat instantly squirting out of armpits.\

And of course... I am :lol: ing.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I agree. Even if you don't believe in his policies, he speaks the language that makes it easier to understand.

My favorite quote, "hiding costs don't make them go away" :lol:

OC literally quoting a post I explain how debates are crucial and ranting about me saying they are no big deal out of fear? I think when it comes to reading comprehension you "just don't get it." (that feels good I think it is a tool of mine now wow)

Another point I want to make. I always thought that Ryan would bring the best out of mitt. In many ways I believe they are similar, they are leaders, analytical, numbers crunchers and results oriented sort of people. I believe mitt is inspired by Ryan, I honestly believe that. And as a result, he will run a more inspired campaign. He definitely has more pep in his step and he is speaking on another level that we are accustomed from seeing from him. I don't know how to paste and copy on the iPad but you should of checked out mitts response to a couple hecklers at the Wisconsin rally.

It was unscripted and delivered perfectly, and while doing so, he jabbed sharply with a counter punch against obamas campaigns "gutter style " politics.

Another point I want to make. I always thought that Ryan would bring the best out of mitt. In many ways I believe they are similar, they are leaders, analytical, numbers crunchers and results oriented sort of people. I believe mitt is inspired by Ryan, I honestly believe that. And as a result, he will run a more inspired campaign. He definitely has more pep in his step and he is speaking on another level that we are accustomed from seeing from him. I don't know how to paste and copy on the iPad but you should of checked out mitts response to a couple hecklers at the Wisconsin rally.

It was unscripted and delivered perfectly, and while doing so, he jabbed sharply with a counter punch against obamas campaigns "gutter style " politics.

Good assessment. I also thought he appeared to have a little more pep in his step today. You could be right that he will bring out the best in Mitt. I think its to early to say wether or not he was a great pick. I thought there were a few safer picks out there. They are going to have to spend some time fighting off the attacks of the Ryan budget that Newt labled right wing engineering. Because of that I thought Mitt would have picked one of the other possibilities for VP. There is plenty of time for Mitt/Ryan to get their message out and the ball rolling. Time will tell.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPad

Obamas comments on the Ryan pick were telling. He praised him for being a decent family man and articulate politician. But that they have fundamental differences on the budget and economy. Obamas folks must be confident the majority will reject the Ryan plan and he wants to box them into that position. By not really having a defined philosophy BO has an advantage: he can be flexible whereas comprise from romney and Ryan will be seen as abandoning their ideology and base.

Obamas comments on the Ryan pick were telling. He praised him for being a decent family man and articulate politician. But that they have fundamental differences on the budget and economy. Obamas folks must be confident the majority will reject the Ryan plan and he wants to box them into that position. By not really having a defined philosophy BO has an advantage: he can be flexible whereas comprise from romney and Ryan will be seen as abandoning their ideology and base.

Not the way I see it. He's out there w/ the "starting point" talking point already marginalizing his position. It's actually good for the country. If they see that plan as a "starting point" it immunizes his position from this sort of attack. To assert he is trying to destroy certain valuable policies to people Obama Co. has to come up w/ a way a way this could be done that doesn't while still addressing the problems we have (and time is fine but something must be said). Then when they start debating the differences the real fight begins. Then magically we have a real election. It's a win/win for both sides b/c let us be real...Dem or Repub it's time to have this debate. We couldn't when we spent 2 years preparing for the election and to "defeat Obama at all costs" but maybe we can now. This is hopeful thinking but either way...

I like the Ryan pick.

Edited by TheNewBills

Not the way I see it. He's out there w/ the "starting point" talking point already marginalizing his position. It's actually good for the country. If they see that plan as a "starting point" it immunizes his position from this sort of attack. To assert he is trying to destroy certain valuable policies to people Obama Co. has to come up w/ a way a way this could be done that doesn't while still addressing the problems we have (and time is fine but something must be said). Then when they start debating the differences the real fight begins. Then magically we have a real election. It's a win/win for both sides b/c let us be real...Dem or Repub it's time to have this debate.

I like the Ryan pick.

So do I. I see it as a politician offering an actual plan (this is my vision, not going to change it for anyone) and not changing his position to get the job.

I know that Mitt has the rep of being a flip flopper but I think he focuses on economics and those philosophies haven't changed.

So do I. I see it as a politician offering an actual plan (this is my vision, not going to change it for anyone) and not changing his position to get the job.

I know that Mitt has the rep of being a flip flopper but I think he focuses on economics and those philosophies haven't changed.

Well I actually would hate that. What I would like to see it as is putting the Ryan budget front and center as what Ryan is calling it...a starting point to a negotiation...then as a country we actually negotiate. I don't know where you get the "not changing it for anyone" part...but that would make this election worthless and I would then hate the Romney/Ryan combo. Either way I've had almost 2 full bottles of wine right now so I may be reading your post wrong....but as far as I know Ryan doesn't say anything about "not changing his position" and that's why I like the pick so much.