The remade "Red Dawn" trailer is out...

Just Jack

Wow...I know this will make me sound like a crazy person, but I've had nightmares about the Chinese invading for many years. I don't know if that's the Chinese or Koreans or what in that trailer, but it triggers a lot of "stuff" in me. I heard a quote from the Chinese president guy several years ago that was something like, "The US only has another 20 years to remain in position as a super power". I've never been able to get it out of my head, and for whatever reason the nightmares Ive had have been really intense. I actually think some of it goes back to the first Red Dawn film with the Russians...that movie came out when I was an early teen and it scared the BEJEEZUS out of me. That scene early in the film when the paratroopers land outside the school, and they film it from the perspective of the kids in class, just really affected me.

So anyway, yeah, I'm on board to see this. :lol:

Wow...I know this will make me sound like a crazy person, but I've had nightmares about the Chinese invading for many years. I don't know if that's the Chinese or Koreans or what in that trailer, but it triggers a lot of "stuff" in me. I heard a quote from the Chinese president guy several years ago that was something like, "The US only has another 20 years to remain in position as a super power". I've never been able to get it out of my head, and for whatever reason the nightmares Ive had have been really intense. I actually think some of it goes back to the first Red Dawn film with the Russians...that movie came out when I was an early teen and it scared the BEJEEZUS out of me. That scene early in the film when the paratroopers land outside the school, and they film it from the perspective of the kids in class, just really affected me.

So anyway, yeah, I'm on board to see this. :lol:

You're operating with very outmoded thinking. What could the Chinese gain by invading? That's 19th Century stuff. These days it's all economic warfare. Why spend the money to invade when you can simply buy everything in the country worth owning.

This movie has been on the shelf for a long time, but now that Chris Hemsworth has shown that he has some box office clout, they feel they might have some money to make.

Having said that, releasing this movie in November is a strange move. It seems more appropriate for February or March.

Also the original Red Dawn came out during the height of The Cold War, attitudes about the USA and patriotism and fighting for your country was different back then.

There are many people who live in this country that see the USA as an oppressive country and that it deserves hardship. I'm not kidding there are people who live here who really feel that way. So I would not be shocked if people give low marks to this movie because they see it as painting the North Koreans as an evil group of people and will not be happy seeing a bunch of young people trying to save their country.

You're operating with very outmoded thinking. What could the Chinese gain by invading? That's 19th Century stuff. These days it's all economic warfare. Why spend the money to invade when you can simply buy everything in the country worth owning.

i never said it was rational lol

There are many people who live in this country that see the USA as an oppressive country and that it deserves hardship. I'm not kidding there are people who live here who really feel that way. So I would not be shocked if people give low marks to this movie because they see it as painting the North Koreans as an evil group of people and will not be happy seeing a bunch of young people trying to save their country.

Aaaaand every single one of them should lose their jobs and receive a one-way ticket to wherever it is they would rather be instead of taking jobs from people who actually want to be here. I'd sponsor a couple myself if given the opportunity. :censored: 'em

This movie has been on the shelf for a long time, but now that Chris Hemsworth has shown that he has some box office clout, they feel they might have some money to make.

Having said that, releasing this movie in November is a strange move. It seems more appropriate for February or March.

Also the original Red Dawn came out during the height of The Cold War, attitudes about the USA and patriotism and fighting for your country was different back then.

I heard there was a shoot where the invaders were the Chinese but then the studio or something was bought by a Chinese company who insisted they wouldn't release the film as-is. So they re-did it all so that it was the North Koreans. So now we have a country that can't feed itself invading us. It's entirely plausible.

I think that bolded part really dwindles that group of people down to an incredibly small minority.

So a large North Korean invasion force could come to the U.S. mainland, and NORAD wouldn't notice until they're here? Never mind the South Koreans or Japanese. Doesn't matter, once Thor remembers where he put his hammer, he'll clean up.

I think they ended up using EMPs to knock out the power grid.

So a large North Korean invasion force could come to the U.S. mainland, and NORAD wouldn't notice until they're here? Never mind the South Koreans or Japanese. Doesn't matter, once Thor remembers where he put his hammer, he'll clean up.

I think they ended up using EMPs to knock out the power grid.

Yes, it's mentioned in the trailer they have some weapon that knocks out the power, including NORAD (or whatever they called it in the movie).

Yes, it's mentioned in the trailer they have some weapon that knocks out the power, including NORAD (or whatever they called it in the movie).

Which is what makes it so contemptible for me. If your plot requires "magic" to move forward, you might need to rethink it. If your plot requires "magic" to even EXIST...you just suck. (Unless your movie's actually about magic, like Dragonslayer or Harry Potter).

I still think the coolest thing about the original Red Dawn was the theme music.

If I remember High School Physics correctly, if you detonate a nuclear warhead in the one highest levels of the atmosphere either the mesosphere or stratosphere, the energy from the blast creates an Electro Magnetic Pulse which would wipe out electrical grids. The benefit is that the blast does not have the destructive force of a low level detonation that basically destroys everything and makes the area unhabitable for a couple hundred years.

I still think the coolest thing about the original Red Dawn was the theme music.

If I remember High School Physics correctly, if you detonate a nuclear warhead in the one highest levels of the atmosphere either the mesosphere or stratosphere, the energy from the blast creates an Electro Magnetic Pulse which would wipe out electrical grids. The benefit is that the blast does not have the destructive force of a low level detonation that basically destroys everything and makes the area unhabitable for a couple hundred years.

*nerd alert*

:lol: