Delving into the Unemployment Numbers

*Jobs added over 160,000 K, beating estimates

*Unemployment rate ticks up to 8.3%

*150,000 Left the workforce

*household survey showed that the actual amount of Americans working dropped by 195,000, with the net job gain resulting primarily *from seasonal adjustments in the establishment survey.

*U-6 "Real Unemployment rate" rose from 14.9% to 15%

*Average work week held steady at 34.5 hours while average hourly earnings rose 2 cents to $23.52.

Headline Jobs number beats estimates, from what I've read a lot of that has to do with seasonal adjustments, however total jobs went down when you factor in the household survey (which is included in the factoring of the unemployment rate), with a headline jobs number of above 150k you would believe that if the unemployment rate rose it would be because more people entered into the workforce, however that wasn't the case here. Over 150k dropped out of the labor force, the reason why the unemployment rate rose is because more people lost jobs than gained through the household survey. In regards to wages, they remained stagnant.

It's amazing how they can have a 'seasonal adjustment' to add jobs seemingly every month. I've been waiting three years to see the corresponding downward adjustment.

Also, isn't it odd that liberals who deem themselves champions of the ordinary man refuse to even acknowledge the real (or closest thing we have in the U-6) unemployment figures? Wouldn't you think the party of the people would want everyone to know how many people are really out of work in this country? Or do they think that 15% is all Wall Street bankers?

It's amazing how they can have a 'seasonal adjustment' to add jobs seemingly every month. I've been waiting three years to see the corresponding downward adjustment.

Also, isn't it odd that liberals who deem themselves champions of the ordinary man refuse to even acknowledge the real (or closest thing we have in the U-6) unemployment figures? Wouldn't you think the party of the people would want everyone to know how many people are really out of work in this country? Or do they think that 15% is all Wall Street bankers?

The American Democratic Party long ago ceased being the party of the working man, and became the party of the man who doesn't want to work.

Not only is the 8.3% unemployment rate way above the 5.6% unemployment rate that Team Obama predicted for July 2012 if Congress passed the $800 billion stimulus plan.

It’s way above the 6.0% unemployment rate they predicted if no stimulus was passed.

Excuse me, I didn't mean 8.3%, I meant 8.256%..............................lol at the "White House"

*Jobs added over 160,000 K, beating estimates

*Unemployment rate ticks up to 8.3%

*150,000 Left the workforce

*household survey showed that the actual amount of Americans working dropped by 195,000, with the net job gain resulting primarily *from seasonal adjustments in the establishment survey.

*U-6 "Real Unemployment rate" rose from 14.9% to 15%

*Average work week held steady at 34.5 hours while average hourly earnings rose 2 cents to $23.52.

Headline Jobs number beats estimates, from what I've read a lot of that has to do with seasonal adjustments, however total jobs went down when you factor in the household survey (which is included in the factoring of the unemployment rate), with a headline jobs number of above 150k you would believe that if the unemployment rate rose it would be because more people entered into the workforce, however that wasn't the case here. Over 150k dropped out of the labor force, the reason why the unemployment rate rose is because more people lost jobs than gained through the household survey. In regards to wages, they remained stagnant.

How many government jobs were eliminated?

How many government jobs were eliminated?

Funny, I'd expect you to be asking what the new unemployment rate is now for blacks. Hispanics. Women. Young adults.

Here I thought those were the people you were interested in.

But no. Government jobs. That's your concern. Big surprise.