The Mitt-stakes continue

You're right. Respect and civility are things to be wary of. They serve no purpose in our lives.

Typical liberal. Everything is black and white. Someone wants smaller government, and you say the want no government. You're smarter than that. Don't be a Big Cat, mmmmkay?

What I said was giving respect to something or someone simply because you're told to is a very dangerous game. Period. You are welcome to blindly give respect as told. I'll take a pass and ask that respect be earned.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical liberal. Everything is black and white. Someone wants smaller government, and you say the want no government. You're smarter than that. Don't be a Big Cat, mmmmkay?

What I said was giving respect to something or someone simply because you're told to is a very dangerous game. Period. You are welcome to blindly give respect as told. I'll take a pass and ask that respect be earned.

I'm not big on giving respect to just a title, either...but in this particular case, though, tgregg is right. A reporter interrupting a prepared statement twice to try to get his own unrelated question answered? I don't care if you don't respect the office or the person, but at least respect the forum you're in. :wallbash:

I'm not big on giving respect to just a title, either...but in this particular case, though, tgregg is right. A reporter interrupting a prepared statement twice to try to get his own unrelated question answered? I don't care if you don't respect the office or the person, but at least respect the forum you're in. :wallbash:

I completely agree with this. Respect the forum? Yes, if the forum requires it. That includes Poland's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

But respect a person simply because we're told to? Pass.

1billsfan, on 01 August 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

This is pathetic even for this board. I hate to break it to you, but Obama has been a colossal failure. In a few short months, Romney will blow the doors off Obama. I suggest you either try to deal with it, or at the very least refrain from starting an idiotic thread in which you call a politician who's telling the truth, a person who's just made a gaffe. Face it, you have nothing on this guy and every time you try to cook up a plan to ruin his chances with a fake scandal, you end up looking like a chard and smoldering Wile E. Coyote.

I'm shocked that there are still people with functioning brain cells in their head who still support this loser. It reminds me of the feuds with the Dick "it's hard to win" Jauron supporters. The unqualified, inexperienced and unknown Obama was given a huge chance and he proved his harshest detractors right. Romney is the next person in line to be given the chance.

Wait... PastaJoe is running the DNC now?

Shhh, don't let my secret out. I use this site to test market before going national. It's so easy to agitate these guys who live on this site to get validation for their right wing views. Responses within minutes of posting at any time of day. They should at least take a break and go buy some food at their local Chick-Fil-A.

Take this guy for example, not even understanding the definition of what a gaffe is. :w00t:

And don't forget, Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive!

Responses within minutes of posting at any time of day.

In fairness, many of us work behind a desk all day and use this site as something of a diversion while we're on the phone or otherwise conducting business. Whereas you post something and disappear for what seems like an inordinate amount of time just to clip your Mom's toenails.

In fairness, many of us work behind a desk all day and use this site as something of a diversion while we're on the phone or otherwise conducting business. Whereas you post something and disappear for what seems like an inordinate amount of time just to clip your Mom's toenails.

That's actually what hooked me on the site. My work wasn't condusive to reading books or lengthy articles, but the brief posts of the message board are ideal. Although, I must admit, lately I've spent way too much time away from work on here. My wife hates this site.

Willard went 3 for 3 on his foreign trip. First he insults the British over his Olympic comments. Then in Israel he insults the Palestinians about their culture and throws gasoline on the fire by saying he'd move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, while giving the right-wingers in Israel carte blanche to attack Iran and start another war in the Middle East, and of course it would be up to the U.S. to clean up the mess and suffer the economic consequences.

And for the hat trick in Poland, at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Willard's aid told the press to, “Kiss my ass. This is a holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect.” So it appears that he believes that kissing his ass at a holy site is a sign of respect to the Poles. :doh:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-mitt-romney-wraps-up-overseas-trip-his-aide-berates-reporters/2012/07/31/gJQAjefcMX_story.html?hpid=z4

You do whatever you have to do to convince yourself that obummer is doing well. Can you point to anything that the POTUS has done that can even mildly be considered a success? I know that you're going to come back with GM, but I' m telling you not to waste your breath...

I am really looking forward to the Romney camp being able to use their campaign funds to paint this loser for the amateur he is....

Edited by Fatty McButterpants

You do whatever you have to do to convince yourself that obummer is doing well. Can you point to anything that the POTUS has done that can even mildly be considered a success? I know that you're going to come back with GM, but I' m telling you not to waste your breath...

Barry saved the US from numerous disasters in a way only he could do. Just think how much worse off we'd be without him!

I am really looking forward to the Romney camp being able to use their campaign funds to paint this loser for the amateur he is....

I cannot wait for the debates.

Can you name any Romneys success stories? Not being a smart a$$, I don't know much about him other than his own version of health care? Any success as a politician I mean. Thanks in advance.

I'm not a black or white guy. But in this specific case, this specific location, it's a clear issue of disrespect (to me at least). And I don't think it's a liberal or conservative view point to be honest -- I think it's a patriotic view. I'm not implying that your view is unpatriotic at all, I just happen to believe that when you're at the White House -- as a guest or reporter -- there's a decorum that should be adhered to regardless of who is in office.

Where the reporters in Poland who were heckling Romney acting like dicks? Absolutely. Was the staffer's response hilarious? Absolutely. But it's not the same thing as what happened on the Rose Garden lawn. For one thing, Romney isn't President yet. He wasn't in the middle of a speech. Doesn't make the reporters' jabs any less ass-clownish of course, but there's still a difference between the two events.

I may despise the President's politics, I may even think he's unfit to remain the President... but until November, he's still our President. And that makes him a symbol of more than just his own personal politics or shortcomings. There's a time and place for debate and derision -- but it's not on the lawn of the White House in the middle of a Presidential address. It's just a line of decorum you don't cross. Because if you let people cross that line then where do you stop? The last thing our society needs, let alone our nation, are more screaming idiots trying to scream over the other idiots already who are already screaming.

(I'm aware there was an excessive use of the word "screaming" in that last sentence.)

I'm in no way saying you aren't entitled to question our leaders in this country -- it's our duty as citizens to be informed and participate in the electoral process. I said this all the day it happened. It has nothing to do with who's President to me. It has everything to do with the forum it was done in. I know it's easy to pick on this as being some sort of liberal slant -- but it's actually one of those sincere principles I happen to believe in regardless of which party is in the big chair.

Oops... didn't see this until after I rambled above. :thumbsup:

That's actually what hooked me on the site. My work wasn't condusive to reading books or lengthy articles, but the brief posts of the message board are ideal. Although, I must admit, lately I've spent way too much time away from work on here. My wife hates this site.

I hear ya.

I'm not a black or white guy. But in this specific case, this specific location, it's a clear issue of disrespect (to me at least). And I don't think it's a liberal or conservative view point to be honest -- I think it's a patriotic view. I'm not implying that your view is unpatriotic at all, I just happen to believe that when you're at the White House -- as a guest or reporter -- there's a decorum that should be adhered to regardless of who is in office.

Where the reporters in Poland who were heckling Romney acting like dicks? Absolutely. Was the staffer's response hilarious? Absolutely. But it's not the same thing as what happened on the Rose Garden lawn. For one thing, Romney isn't President yet. He wasn't in the middle of a speech. Doesn't make the reporters' jabs any less ass-clownish of course, but there's still a difference between the two events.

I may despise the President's politics, I may even think he's unfit to remain the President... but until November, he's still our President. And that makes him a symbol of more than just his own personal politics or shortcomings. There's a time and place for debate and derision -- but it's not on the lawn of the White House in the middle of a Presidential address. It's just a line of decorum you don't cross. Because if you let people cross that line then where do you stop? The last thing our society needs, let alone our nation, are more screaming idiots trying to scream over the other idiots already who are already screaming.

(I'm aware there was an excessive use of the word "screaming" in that last sentence.)

I'm in no way saying you aren't entitled to question our leaders in this country -- it's our duty as citizens to be informed and participate in the electoral process. I said this all the day it happened. It has nothing to do with who's President to me. It has everything to do with the forum it was done in. I know it's easy to pick on this as being some sort of liberal slant -- but it's actually one of those sincere principles I happen to believe in regardless of which party is in the big chair.

I think we're good if for no other reasons than (1) we're mostly saying the same thing, I just have a different take on the person getting it by default simply because they hold a position, and (2) any time someone can work in the phrase "ass-clownish," it's hard to disagree with them.

I think we're good if for no other reasons than (1) we're mostly saying the same thing, I just have a different take on the person getting it by default simply because they hold a position, and (2) any time someone can work in the phrase "ass-clownish," it's hard to disagree with them.

:lol: It's such a fun word to use!

Can you name any Romneys success stories? Not being a smart a$$, I don't know much about him other than his own version of health care? Any success as a politician I mean. Thanks in advance.

How about we start with reducing the budget defecit by half in Mass, dropping unemployment by a few clicks, and actually LEADING a bi-partisan government (republican governeor with 86% Democrats in Mass Legislature) as opposed to telling his opponents, "Hey, I won."

On the business side, look at Staples and Dunkin Donuts . . .

How about we start with reducing the budget defecit by half in Mass, dropping unemployment by a few clicks, and actually LEADING a bi-partisan government (republican governeor with 86% Democrats in Mass Legislature) as opposed to telling his opponents, "Hey, I won."

On the business side, look at Staples and Dunkin Donuts . . .

And there was that whole "Saved the SLC Olympics" thing. No biggie, really. Just stemmed the onslaught of corruption and global embarrassment.

But he has a horse!!!!

And there was that whole "Saved the SLC Olympics" thing. No biggie, really. Just stemmed the onslaught of corruption and global embarrassment.

But he has a horse!!!!

How much of your federal tax dollars did he lobby for to save the games? No biggy, just a record amount of public money. Gotta hand it to old Wily Willard... He knew where to go to get the bacon...

How much of your federal tax dollars did he lobby for to save the games? No biggy, just a record amount of public money. Gotta hand it to old Wily Willard... He knew where to go to get the bacon...

So Mitt uses federal tax dollars to save the country from global embarrassment in the face of old-school corruption, and you stand in judgement..but launder half a trillion dollars to campaign bundlers through a failed solar company you were warned not to invest in, and it's just the president trying to make us less energy independent.

FREE WILOLA!!!!

So Mitt uses federal tax dollars to save the country from global embarrassment in the face of old-school corruption, and you stand in judgement..but launder half a trillion dollars to campaign bundlers through a failed solar company you were warned not to invest in, and it's just the president trying to make us less energy independent.

FREE WILOLA!!!!

I think it was great... He knew where to go to get the bailout. Now, he needs to stop being a hypocrite and man up to it now. Same with RomeyCare.

Wily Willard the Flip Flopper.