Associated Press Power Rankings

NFL Pro 32 Power Rankings

Interesting as this is the first year the Associated Press is branching out from the NCAA sports and publishing a NFL rankings poll.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how closely the rankings will mirror the actual standings as the season progresses.

What do you guys think of the panel?

I don't put a lot of stock in preseason rankings, but during the season I'd like to see if players/coaches/non-voting media, make any reference to the polls.

I can't remember a player or anyone commenting on the ESPN Power Rankings. Do you guys think this will be any different?

I think that there's maybe one team (Carolina) that the argument could be made that they are better then us. I don't agree with that argument, but I can see it being made. However, I think that the argument could be made that the Bills are already better then multiple teams ranked higher then us.

Sorry, any ranking that has the Jets ranked higher then the Bills is complete bull **** :flirt:

If that ranking is wrong then the rest of the rankings are junk too

Edited by HOUSE

How many games have the Bills won so far this year? The best way to get respect is to take it by winning.

Touche! The season hasn't started so always play the "how many games have they won?" card. Ergo, since the Jets swept us last year they must still be awesome.

PTR

Touche! The season hasn't started so always play the "how many games have they won?" card. Ergo, since the Jets swept us last year they must still be awesome.

PTR

What else are you going to base a pre-season power ranking on? I know we all have our fingers crossed that the Bills' off season moves have made them a contender, but I don't blame outsiders for being skeptical.

Denver at #10 is a joke. There sure are a lot of people drinking the Peyton Kool-Aid.

Not here.

BA

They made the postseason and won a playoff game with a limited passing game. Manning is a tremendous improvement over tebow if he stays healthy. Their defense was pretty great down the stretch (except for the Bills game). 10 seems alright to me.

What else are you going to base a pre-season power ranking on? I know we all have our fingers crossed that the Bills' off season moves have made them a contender, but I don't blame outsiders for being skeptical.

Maybe on what a team looks like now? Otherwise just post last years draft order and be done.

PTR

yep, this was something that we, at the AP, have been working on for a little while.

like all AP Polls, i have no involvement in it. these are all national folks who are involved, and it looks like we've got a pretty good bunch. and as always, the poll is good for discussion.

if you ask me, i'd probably have the Bills at between 17-19 currently because they haven't proven anything yet. should be curious how this all works out.

jw

ps: it's supposed to come out every Tuesday.

Edited by john wawrow

yep, this was something that we, at the AP, have been working on for a little while.

like all AP Polls, i have no involvement in it. these are all national folks who are involved, and it looks like we've got a pretty good bunch. and as always, the poll is good for discussion.

if you ask me, i'd probably have the Bills at between 17-19 currently because they haven't proven anything yet. should be curious how this all works out.

jw

ps: it's supposed to come out every Tuesday.

Progress progress, Bill's no longer in

the cellar and have risen to the just

about the middle of the pack.