And now from Patriots Camp

As the Colts showed last season when you have one of the best QBs to ever play the game you can have loads of holes in your team and still be good. As long as Brady is there they will win despite these flaws. Put Brady on the Bills and they're suddenly Super Bowl favorites.

Well said.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but until someone de-thrones them they have the right to be talked "good" about..Until the Bills make the playoffs, knock out the pats it will be the same'ol same'ol...

As much as I despise the Patriots, I also respect them - they are just so good; and, they're good in ways you'd want your team to be (except the spygate, which many teams were into - the Pats just shouldered the blame). So, I've got to agree here. We know they'll go out and win 12 or more games this year, and, it does mostly come down to Brady and Bellicheck. The rest is more or less interchangeable.

IMHO, and not taking anything away from Brady, but it's pretty obvious to me, that much, and could probably make the

claim that most of Brady's success had as much to do with not being able to lay a finger on him for most of his career,

then him being THAT good. The real test of his greatness will come when he doesn't have that strong of an offensive line

in front of him. We should find out soon enough. Everyone now understands pretty fullly that pressuring him is the way

to beat him.

Preach on, my good friend, and you've got yourself a lifelong disciple!

They will always move the ball on offense as long as Brady is healthy. With two great tight ends that are fast and very tough to cover, I don't think it matters who is RB or WR, they will still be tough to stop.

The biggest question is obviously on defense. They burned SIX straight draft picks this year on defensive players, including Chandler Jones DE from 'Cuse and LB Donta Hightower from Alabama, both first rounders.

Although they aren't known for having great drafts (except for that one Michigan QB), if they hit home runs on both of those two guys it will hurt us for many years to come. If they turn out to be mediocre pro's (fingers crossed) then New England will be in for a lot of shootouts this year like they were last year, and teams will try smashmouth, ball control running to eat clock and keep their offense off the field.

Like an earlier poster said, Peyton Manning showed everyone how much a great QB can make up for shortcomings.

p.s. I'm sure she was a great lady, but that whole Myra Kraft thing last year started to get nauseating. Brady throwing a touchdown and pointing to his Myra sticker and then up to the sky..... really dude?

They took that way over the top. If she was as cool as people say then she would've been embarassed at how much of a circus that became. Maybe I just hate the Patriots so much that I'm jaded......

As the Colts showed last season when you have one of the best QBs to ever play the game you can have loads of holes in your team and still be good. As long as Brady is there they will win despite these flaws. Put Brady on the Bills and they're suddenly Super Bowl favorites.

Without Brady they went 11-5 in 2008. With Brady the following year they went 10-6. Just saying that Belichick is more of a catalyst than Brady is.

Without Brady they went 11-5 in 2008. With Brady the following year they went 10-6. Just saying that Belichick is more of a catalyst than Brady is.

They also had the NFLs most dominating defense at that time. That might have helped some.

PTR

They also had the NFLs most dominating defense at that time. That might have helped some.

PTR

False.

Ranked 10th in total defense in 2008 and ranked 11th in total defense in 2009. Again. My point stands. Year in and year out, that guy always has a different OC and DC and coaching staff around him, yet he continues to win and has proven he can win without their "star" QB and a mediocre defense at best. As much as I hate him, i think he's one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

The biggest question is obviously on defense. They burned SIX straight draft picks this year on defensive players, including Chandler Jones DE from 'Cuse and LB Donta Hightower from Alabama, both first rounders.

Although they aren't known for having great drafts (except for that one Michigan QB), if they hit home runs on both of those two guys it will hurt us for many years to come. If they turn out to be mediocre pro's (fingers crossed) then New England will be in for a lot of shootouts this year like they were last year, and teams will try smashmouth, ball control running to eat clock and keep their offense off the field.

Very good point. By all accounts, both Jones and Hightower have been impressive in Pats camp thus far.

They will always move the ball on offense as long as Brady is healthy. With two great tight ends that are fast and very tough to cover, I don't think it matters who is RB or WR, they will still be tough to stop.

Like an earlier poster said, Peyton Manning showed everyone how much a great QB can make up for shortcomings.

p.s. I'm sure she was a great lady, but that whole Myra Kraft thing last year started to get nauseating. Brady throwing a touchdown and pointing to his Myra sticker and then up to the sky..... really dude?

They took that way over the top. If she was as cool as people say then she would've been embarassed at how much of a circus that became. Maybe I just hate the Patriots so much that I'm jaded......

What are you sniffing? Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Sebastion Vollmer, Jerod Mayo, Stephen Gostkowski, Brandon Meriweather, Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Logan Mankins, Nick Kaczur, Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Matt Light? You're telling me they don't draft well?

They don't hit on every single drafts but they draft pretty well which is why they're freaking in the playoffs every year. Makes me VOMIT. I don't know about Jones but I think Hightower was a solid pick and putting him next to Mayo is a pretty scary LB duo.

Belichick has made a career out of taking some joke of a guy from East Buttplug and turning him into an all-pro. To look at his current crop of misfits and disparage them seems very premature until seeing them perform on the field.

And as good as Brady is, he can't do it all on his own. Let's not forget that little guy (Welker) who is slow and can't catch, but somehow racks up over 1000 yards year-after-year, or the tight end who is setting NFL records in his... what... second year? And yes, the fact that the offensive line has pretty much kept Tommy-boy's jersey from getting even a few grass stains makes a gigantic difference.

I want to watch the Bills dominate (and demolish and abuse) the Patsies as much as the next guy, but 10+ years of heartache leads to a bit of caution when talking smack before the season even starts.

And if you want a Vegas line that looks good... Last I saw, on 9/9 Jets were 6 point favorites. Honestly, I'm surprised the Bills aren't 4 point favorites. Sanchez and Tebow have a problematic offensive line and with the Bills defensive front five there's no way the Jets get over 150 yards passing.

Let me reiterate what I stated in a previous post. If these were questions and answers out of Bills camp, the spin would be how much the Bills suck. Because this is the Patriots the spin is how awesome they are.

Who went to the Superbowl? Who finished 6-10?

We have to earn respect and high expectations.

Who went to the Superbowl? Who finished 6-10?

We have to earn respect and high expectations.

Again I don't disagree, but go back and read Kirwin's article. I don't understand how the answers to the five questions, other than maybe and I mean maybe Brandon Lloyd could be construed as totally positive

I bet everyone here was thinking..."Is Belichick and the Pats crazy for giving up a 2nd rounder for a small white WR named Wes Welker?"

Well...the dude still had 111 receptions and 1165 yds with Cassel throwing to him. This is why i say Brady is slightly overrated. Is a a great QB? Sure. But not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

I bet everyone here was thinking..."Is Belichick and the Pats crazy for giving up a 2nd rounder for a small white WR named Wes Welker?"

Well...the dude still had 111 receptions and 1165 yds with Cassel throwing to him. This is why i say Brady is slightly overrated. Is a a great QB? Sure. But not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

True, look at all the SBs they've won with Welker. It's like he throws the ball to himself--oops, except the one he dropped last season which likely cost them the SB...

I'm sorry.

I know you'd have preferred if the Bills had a lousy offseason.

I'm as excited for the season as anyone. But it's unreasonable to expect the media to cover the Bills as much as the Patriots just because we had a better offseason. When we start piling up wins, we'll get media attention.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Again I don't disagree, but go back and read Kirwin's article. I don't understand how the answers to the five questions, other than maybe and I mean maybe Brandon Lloyd could be construed as totally positive

You and him have differing opinions. Welcome to life. :)

False.

Ranked 10th in total defense in 2008 and ranked 11th in total defense in 2009. Again. My point stands. Year in and year out, that guy always has a different OC and DC and coaching staff around him, yet he continues to win and has proven he can win without their "star" QB and a mediocre defense at best. As much as I hate him, i think he's one of the greatest coaches of all time.

The went 18-1 the year before too. That was a damn good team