Which player(s) are you most hopeful/rooting for

For me, I am really pulling for Marcus Easley, the unfortunate way he had to exit the league last year had to be difficult for him, but given the way he approaches the game, performs in camp and in preseason last year, I really want to see him develop into a top tier receiver. In order of who I'd like to see succeed on the team overall, here is my top 3, and I limited my list to the guys who have been here prior to this offseason.

1. Marcus Easley - as explained above

2. CJ Spiller - I think he is ready to become that top tier RB we drafted him as. My favorite player however is Freddie Jackson, so my hope is that Spiller gets to develop without cutting into Freddie's production.

3. Shawn Merriman - Whether you like the guy or not, he simply works hard and has some really frustrating and nagging injuries. I'd love to see the guy have an injury free season and become an integral part of a dominant defense.

Who are yours?

I'm rooting especially hard for the health of Easley, Wood, Troup, Merriman, and McGee. These 5 "injury-prone" guys, if each fully healthy and able to optimize their respective talent levels, could catapult the Bills from dark horse wild-card qualifier to legitimate AFC Super Bowl representative.

Kellen Heard- Shows flashes of greatness. Sacked Brady twice in final game. Hope his ankle gets better and he makes the cut.

Alex Carrington- Seems like the best candidate to backup either DT or DE. Long arms can block kicks and passes.

Corey McIntyre- Always does his job. Blocks, runs, catches.. Worth a roster spot.

Bryan Scott- not that he's a potential cut, just one that I root for. Watch for him to own Gronk this year.

Fitzy. I love the guy. Many people do. But he needs to put together a solid season. If he can, there's no reason not to expect meaningful football to be played in December and January.

As goes Fitz, so go the 2012 Buffalo Bills.

On offense it's Fitz, Spiller, and Jones. Fitz b/c he's the QB, Spiller b/c I want to see the explosive, take-it-to-the-house-on-any-play guy from Clemson, and Jones b/c I think he was going to have a big year before the injuries in 2011.

On defense it's Shep, Aaron Williams, and Mario. Shep b/c he is playing a big role as the "QB" of the defense, Williams b/c he's probably going to be targeted a lot, and Mario b/c of his return from the injury and my hope he makes such an impact that everyone will forget how much they paid him.

On special teams it's Moorman. I was all set to run him out of town when the Bills signed the FSU punter, but it looks like he is motivated and ready to return to all-pro form.

McGee- I've always liked him. He was the guy who returned the first kick return TD that I ever saw so it has that imprint on me. He's also the only one left on this hat of mine that has the jerseys of some of the defensive players from 2008 or something. The year after I got it, everyone on it except McGee got cut or retired.

Merriman-I always like people shutting their doubters up and he has a lot of them.

Brad Smith- I want to see something that makes me think that his signing wasn't a mistake. So far, he hasn't done much and it would be cool to see him successfully run the wildcat and make a few nice catches at WR.

Also Naaman Roosevelt- He seems to make a big play or two that makes you wonder why he doesn't see the field more often two or three times the past two years. I think he would be a great add for the Bills WR corp.

Edited by Teen Insight

Its amazing how many high characters we have on this team, it's not hard to want to pull for everyone to make the team, especially the above mentioned Naaman Roosevelt, Terrence Mcgee, and Bryan Scott. I know I might sound like a homer by saying this, but I don't think there's a team out there with the character this team has.

For me, I am really pulling for Marcus Easley, the unfortunate way he had to exit the league last year had to be difficult for him, but given the way he approaches the game, performs in camp and in preseason last year, I really want to see him develop into a top tier receiver. In order of who I'd like to see succeed on the team overall, here is my top 3, and I limited my list to the guys who have been here prior to this offseason.

1. Marcus Easley - as explained above

2. CJ Spiller - I think he is ready to become that top tier RB we drafted him as. My favorite player however is Freddie Jackson, so my hope is that Spiller gets to develop without cutting into Freddie's production.

3. Shawn Merriman - Whether you like the guy or not, he simply works hard and has some really frustrating and nagging injuries. I'd love to see the guy have an injury free season and become an integral part of a dominant defense.

Who are yours?

I am going to go with Easley and Sheppard. Not because they are my favorite players, but because I think they are key to this team being successful.

The Bill's badly need someone capable opposite SJ, Jones hasn't looked good IMO. Despite his 3rd round status, I don't see Graham as ever being anything more than a rotational/gimmick guy. So I think we need either Easley or Hagan to step up.

Sheppard was named the unquestioned starter, despite having proven almost nothing. I'd love for him to prove that he is the stud that the Bills coaching staff is touting him as. Despite our improved line, having a good MLB is key to a successful 4-3 defense. We NEED Sheppard to be good if we want our defense to be good. So I will definitely be pulling for him to be a difference maker.

Favorite player? I am dying to see Dareus eat up O-lines, playing with more help up front...

Edited by Turbosrrgood