David Nelson speaks about team divisiveness in 2010

I really don't get it. If I was that disgusted with the QB and HC, I don't think I'd be shelling out my hard-earned $$ to come sit in the stands and torture myself. Do you enjoy the games? Are you constantly yelling, or is more of a quiet, slow burn?

Very curious. Certainly one of the oddest examples of "fandom" I've seen.

I love the Bills, they are and always have been a big part of my life. Not sure what is so hard to understand, I think Fitzpatrick sucks terribly, by far the worst unchallenged starter in the NFL for the 2nd year in a row, and Gailey is an awful coach. Why would that make not be a fan still? When I go to the games I love tailgaiting, hanging with family and friends, decked out in Bills gear, drinking beers, eating, throwing the football around, and in the game it's high fives mostly, not very vocal, I am 41 now. I can't go back to Atlanta and have no voice, stopped yelling about 7 years ago. It is well spent money, although my wife would likely say different.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Bills, they are and always have been a big part of my life. Not sure what is so hard to understand, I think Fitzpatrick sucks terribly, by far the worst unchallenged starter in the NFL for the 2nd year in a row, and Gailey is an awful coach. Why would that make not be a fan still? When I go to the games I love tailgaiting, hanging with family and friends, decked out in Bills gear, drinking beers, eating, throwing the football around, and in the game it's high fives mostly, not very vocal, I am 41 now. I can't go back to Atlanta and have no voice, stopped yelling about 7 years ago. It is well spent money, although my wife would likely say different.

Fair enough. Good for you. Still don't agree with the vitriol you're spewing about Fitz and Gailey, but to each his own.

We'll see. Evans should be the #1 on the Jags.

And fwiw, not that I think that Johnson will have a bad year, I just think that Evans will have 1,000 plus.

I also suspect that Gabbert will have no worse a season than Fitzy will.

Currently listed no higher than #3 behind Blackmon and Robinson FWIW.

Wow, didn't know a person who is a fan can only have opinion. That sounds pathetic to me. I don't care enough about people on message boards to say I told you so, so you don't have to worry about that from me.

I am always all in, whether they suck or not, but I feel like it's my right to call them as I see them, and they have sucked and look like they still will not be a playoff team again this season.

You're 41? lol

Many of us don't go to games anymore, that doesn't mean that we're not fans.

The options are sucking up mediocrity and being bad, or complaining about what isn't being done properly.

Our team has the longest playoff drought and hasn't seen them in any year beginning with the digit 2, hasn't won a playoff game since what, 1995 or something, and has only one winning season in years beginning with the digit 2 and since the Wade Phillips years.

Until that changes it should be perfectly understandable that many fans don't go to the games. It has nothing to do with support, it has to do with expending one's resources to go watch incompetence on display.

People are getting really gung ho over Mario, and apart from him not much has changed. But the Texans never made the playoffs with him on the team for the full season, and they had Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Owen Daniels in their passing game. Fitz is no Schaub, Johnson is no Andre, and we don't have a TE that is going to make any kind of difference.

There are still a lot of hurdles for this team. I mean who even knows what the starting LB rotation will be. We know that Barnett and Sheppard are shoe ins, but after that, it's anyone's guess.

A rookie starting CB? Pro Football Weekly even posted an article talking about how unlikely it would be for teams to start rookies at any one of three positions, QB, LT, and CB, to make the playoffs. We're facing rookies at two of them.

I don't know, but I would prefer to go watch games when I know that they're not OJT auditions. I miss the days of yore under Kelly, Bruce, and competence on the team that truly let us know that we were capable of beating any team in the league. Going to those games, even when we lost, was enjoyable. Going to these games, at least speking for myself and other fans that I've spoken with, is not enjoyable. It's like going somewhere where you suspect that you're going to regret going when it's all done. The fact that your wallet's a hundred bucks lighter per head all the way around afterwards doesn't help the thought that you just wasted your day or make it any easier.

That is some hilarious stuff right there. Yes, I'm up for that wager.

I would like to know what measure of a better year will be used. Catches? Yards? Figments of imagination?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot