Just another ordinary day at the Walmart

Just Jack

Target, KMart

Walmart: 10 minutes

Aldi: 8 minutes (won't go, don't do credit cards)

Compare foods: 9 minutes (won't go)

Kmart: 18 minutes (this is a small Kmart, with virtually no selection, not one of the well-er kept stores like in urban areas).

Target: 30 minutes away

Wegmans: 9 hours away

Kroger: 2.5 hours away

Harris Teeter: 25 minutes away

Food Lion: 6 mintues away (I go there whenever I can, but selection is small).

Other local specialty stores are out there and I try to go to them when possible but the cost doesn't match the quality when most of the time they sell the exact same as Walmart just to compete I just don't have the option to not go to Walmart.

WalMart targets Riff Raff. They kill small business and treat their employees like garbage. While paying them close to nothing they encourage government assistance to make families ends meet.

Peopleofwalmart.com check it out

Kmart: 18 minutes (this is a small Kmart, with virtually no selection, not one of the well-er kept stores like in urban areas).

Other local specialty stores are out there and I try to go to them when possible but the cost doesn't match the quality when most of the time they sell the exact same as Walmart just to compete I just don't have the option to not go to Walmart.

Quite the dichotomy here.

Buuuut... You want people to eat your fancy dancy 3 acres per cow beef... :nana: :nana:

?? What gives ??

Quite the dichotomy here.

Buuuut... You want people to eat your fancy dancy 3 acres per cow beef... :nana: :nana:

?? What gives ??

I want people to have the choice to eat my really awesome cows.

I want to support businesses that are responsible for themselves. Walmart is not an employee or a group of employees - it is a business. A very smart business.

My issue with Walmart is the quality of product they sell. Walmart has focused on the American public at large - capture our imagination in 3 seconds with flashy grabbing attraction and promote it with a "good deal" or some special price and we'll risk buying it. They used to try to put known names on their brands but figured it doesn't matter. It used to be Justin Bieber sunglass line, or Miley Cyrus tank tops, etc. They do not use them as much anymore, thankfully, because hopefully consumers realize the names mean nothing.

If Walmart was to be perfect, a lot would change. I am not even speaking about the treatment of their labor because I honestly do not think it is that bad. Unfortuantely, there is a need for that level of employment and Walmart is not much different then many other employers. One of the perks no one ever talks about is stability with WalMart. You do not EVER read a WalMart store closes, you do not read about layoffs or cutting jobs. There is no reason why you could not work at WalMart your entire career or more. Spending 50 years at one employer is impossible to imagine anymore.

My business model does not compete against anyone. I never want to do that; I want to work with other food sources and rely on my ability to provide a local healthy option. The benefits of my product sell it more then taste does.

I want to support businesses that are responsible for themselves. Walmart is not an employee or a group of employees - it is a business. A very smart business.

My issue with Walmart is the quality of product they sell. Walmart has focused on the American public at large - capture our imagination in 3 seconds with flashy grabbing attraction and promote it with a "good deal" or some special price and we'll risk buying it. They used to try to put known names on their brands but figured it doesn't matter. It used to be Justin Bieber sunglass line, or Miley Cyrus tank tops, etc. They do not use them as much anymore, thankfully, because hopefully consumers realize the names mean nothing.

If Walmart was to be perfect, a lot would change. I am not even speaking about the treatment of their labor because I honestly do not think it is that bad. Unfortuantely, there is a need for that level of employment and Walmart is not much different then many other employers. One of the perks no one ever talks about is stability with WalMart. You do not EVER read a WalMart store closes, you do not read about layoffs or cutting jobs. There is no reason why you could not work at WalMart your entire career or more. Spending 50 years at one employer is impossible to imagine anymore.

My business model does not compete against anyone. I never want to do that; I want to work with other food sources and rely on my ability to provide a local healthy option. The benefits of my product sell it more then taste does.

Does Walmart (Super Walmarts) buy from you?

Does Walmart (Super Walmarts) buy from you?

No. I do not think I would ever sell to Walmart, either. I would never want to take my hands off of my products.

Walmart buys in contracts from feedlots. They go to a feedlot, buy so many thousand tons and the feedlot is responsible to fulfill the order. It is black and white to them, like buying hammers and nails.

Are you into Miley Cyrus tank tops?

So far I'm liking Meijers as an alternative to wm.

Meijer is great. When I was a kid I would get my mom to take us with her to go shopping and spend hours just walking around. They have a great candy selection, too. Reminds me of Wegmans.

Wow. In my case I have to go out of my way to go to Walmart. So glad about that.

Food4less (Kroger family) 5 minutes

Ralphs (Upper scale; Still of Kroger family) 5 minutes

Target 3 of them. Can get to all 3 of them within 10 minutes

Cvs, wallgreens, rite aid, practically 1 every 5 blocks for the little stuff

Walmart 15 minutes in Torrance. Walmart "in the hood" in La 15 minutes away

So far I'm liking Meijers as an alternative to wm.

Wow... Here I thought only people from the Chicago, Illinois area tend to tack a "S" onto names of places! They do it especially with grocery stores. :wallbash: That damn pesky posessive S!

:nana:

Anyway... Enough funnin' aside... Meijer is a pretty nice alternative to WallyWorld! :thumbsup:

Not sure what point is. I'd drive 60 miles to Target to avoid going to Walmart. I haven't stepped inside a Walmart in years. As a matter of fact when I lived in SF there were not Targets there, you know because Target is evil. So we'd drive 20 miles to Target. It's not like you have to go every day. We go probably once a month to load up on stuff.

Not sure what point is. I'd drive 60 miles to Target to avoid going to Walmart. I haven't stepped inside a Walmart in years. As a matter of fact when I lived in SF there were not Targets there, you know because Target is evil. So we'd drive 20 miles to Target. It's not like you have to go every day. We go probably once a month to load up on stuff.

Exactly... Spot on Chef.

He doesn't want to burn the gas in the SuperDuty dually is my take... :wallbash::wallbash:

Had brunch at a Humperdinks today near

Rangers Ballpark and Cowboys Stadium.

Needed some skim milk. Chose the Walmart

across the street from Cowboys Stadium only

because it was on the way home. An uneventful

trip and not one person was on duty to check

my receipt.

A buy product of the trip was seeing my stadium

and now I'm for sure ready for football again!!

Target is far better than Walmart. Then again pretty much anyplace is better than Walmart.