Michael Floyd - For whats it's worth...

Booger

For what its worth (not much at this point since the Bills did not draft him).

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6759/michael-floyd

The fact that he is not clear cut the #2 at this point, and I know it is still very early, but I do believe this is concerning for Arizona. So many people wanted him as they thought he would come in and make an immediate impact and a few were on the complete opposite end of that. He still may do so in the long run, but it goes to show how tough it is in the NFL for WR's to transition immediately. Funny, I have read that Fitzgerald was really pushing for Zona to pick Floyd...then read that Fitzgerald was really trying to push Floyd to try harder and "want it". Goes to show that listening to the players may not always be the best thing.

Now, lets hope from the stable of WR's the Bills currently have that one can step up as a solid #2 outside WR. It seems as if it will come down to Hagan, Easly or Jones.

Edited by Booger

He will have an immediate impact. Anyone who doesn't realize that is just not being fair or doesn't understand football. Looking at this team, looking at who he lines up with - the guy is going to create mismatches and that will have an impact. How much of an impact and in what way will there be an impact is a seperate question.

For what its worth (not much at this point since the Bills did not draft him).

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6759/michael-floyd

The fact that he is not clear cut the #2 at this point, and I know it is still very early, but I do believe this is concerning for Arizona. So many people wanted him as they thought he would come in and make an immediate impact and a few were on the complete opposite end of that. He still may do so in the long run, but it goes to show how tough it is in the NFL for WR's to transition immediately. Funny, I have read that Fitzgerald was really pushing for Zona to pick Floyd...then read that Fitzgerald was really trying to push Floyd to try harder and "want it". Goes to show that listening to the players may not always be the best thing.

Now, lets hope from the stable of WR's the Bills currently have that one can step up as a solid #2 outside WR. It seems as if it will come down to Hagan, Easly or Jones.

Exactly what did you "edit" in this post?

bottom line is it takes a WR a few years to develop in the pros. Rarely does a WR make a big impact in his rookie season

Bottom line, no one knows anything about Michael Floyd's ability in the NFL.

But when you're bigger, faster, and can jump higher than AJ Green, Start multiple years in college and will have Fitzgerald opposite you, odds are pretty good you might get a catch or two.

Oh wait he got drunk and in a fight twice, and a DUI therefore he will never play well in the NFL.

Stephon Gilmore isn't list as the starter on the Bills depth chart before training camp, goes to show you . . . nothing. It doesn't matter what the depth chart says in July.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart.html

I wouldn't put much stock in that though. The depth chart on the Bills website is notoriously wrong/slow to update.

Bottom line, no one knows anything about Michael Floyd's ability in the NFL.

But when you're bigger, faster, and can jump higher than AJ Green, Start multiple years in college and will have Fitzgerald opposite you, odds are pretty good you might get a catch or two.

Oh wait he got drunk and in a fight twice, and a DUI therefore he will never play well in the NFL.

wake me up when your thoughts become reality

My money says he won't have much of a rookie impact, and i damn glad we took Gilmore over this guy

This type of news is way too early… I mean we're pre-training camp.

That said, the core of the information was provided by Kent Somer who is the respected Cards beat writer for the Arizona Republic:

Per reliable beat writer Kent Somers, the Cardinals remain high on Andre Roberts as the No. 2 to Fitzgerald, and it would be a "surprise" if Floyd overtook Roberts or slot receiver Early Doucet "any time soon." Somers suggests that Floyd might be better off shedding a few pounds. While we expect him to break into the first-team offense eventually, Floyd won't be draftable in 12-team leagues if he doesn't unseat Roberts before the season starts.

As for Gilmore and the depth chart, etc… hasn't Gilmore been taking all the first team reps? I believe he has.

That said, the core of the information was provided by Kent Somer who is the respected Cards beat writer for the Arizona Republic:

Per reliable beat writer Kent Somers, the Cardinals remain high on Andre Roberts as the No. 2 to Fitzgerald, and it would be a "surprise" if Floyd overtook Roberts or slot receiver Early Doucet "any time soon." Somers suggests that Floyd might be better off shedding a few pounds. While we expect him to break into the first-team offense eventually, Floyd won't be draftable in 12-team leagues if he doesn't unseat Roberts before the season starts.

As for Gilmore and the depth chart, etc… hasn't Gilmore been taking all the first team reps? I believe he has.

Wow, that is interesting stuff.

Floyd has all the measurables, but seems to be missing a piece somewhere. I also agree it take a WR a season or two to really transition into the NFL. There is a reason despite his combine numbers he lasted after the first 10 picks. Green and Jones went very early last year because of the measurable AND the numbers they put up against top competition while in college.

On another note about WR's i got to meet Calvin Johnson's mom and aunt yesterday. They came into my restaurant and i started chatting with them. His aunt asked if i was a Detroit fan. Of course i said no but liked seeing Johnson and Stafford do well. His aunt then reached in and gave me an autographed playing card of Johnsons'. That is when she told me who they were. Kinda a cool story.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

He's an extraordinary talent -- But this stuff matters today. Look at Lynch. He could be suspended for half the season for his DUI. Some people just don't know how to stay out of trouble, and there's already a pattern with Floyd.

I'm glad the Bills are staying away from "flagged" players, as much as I like the guy.

BA

He will have an immediate impact.

While you're at it, can we get the winning mega-millions jackpot numbers?

Anyone who doesn't realize that is just not being fair or doesn't understand football.

Either that, or they simply don't agree with your opinion.

Looking at this team, looking at who he lines up with - the guy is going to create mismatches and that will have an impact. How much of an impact and in what way will there be an impact is a seperate question.

At least this statement leaves room for discussion. I think Floyd has talent, but he's got a lot of work to do before I'm ready to declare him a guaranteed impact WR.

We can always count on certain people to bring level-headedness into the discussion.

Thanks.

Sorry about my choppy post earlier. Literally had 7 things going on while posting it and kept going back and forth.

Anyway, I also read somewhere that Fitzgerald had to call out Floyd to have him participate in his camp and offseason workouts. Now, Floyd is entitled to do what he wants to do, but to become a superstar in the NFL (at least 99% of them) one must truly dedicate themselves to the game. There are only so many days before the season begins and I would say that if a superstar is reaching out to take you under his wing you should take full advantage.

Almost seems as if Fitzgerald had to promise the Cardinals he would stay on top of Floyd if they drafted him. Again, not saying he is going to be bad/bust etc, but confirms in my mind that I am happy with whom the Bills selected.

Michael Floyd has proven nothing. Pre-draft hype and draft position mean jack squat. Prove it on the field.

Best post of any...all is for nothing if an individual or team cannot prove it on the field.

bottom line is it takes a WR a few years to develop in the pros. Rarely does a WR make a big impact in his rookie season

I believe the general rule is "year 3". This isn't too surprising to me either. None the less, there have been a lot of recent rookies that have come out and made an immediate impact.