Michael Floyd - For whats it's worth...

Booger

Bottom line, no one knows anything about Michael Floyd's ability in the NFL.

But when you're bigger, faster, and can jump higher than AJ Green, Start multiple years in college and will have Fitzgerald opposite you, odds are pretty good you might get a catch or two.

Oh wait he got drunk and in a fight twice, and a DUI therefore he will never play well in the NFL.

ehhhh i'm glad we passed on him.

jones was a great #2 last year until he got hurt. our offense was humming right along those first 5 weeks.

wideout and qb... the only positions in the NFL where pure physical talent won't guarantee success. it's all timing, and knowing when to break off a route (IE, knowing the playbook front to back.) it takes an immense amount of dedication and discipline to be an all-world wide out. an 18 year old kid that can't stay in shape, has a dui, run ins with the law, and according to his all-world team mate, needs to push himself more in training camp?

come on. the real NFL is not Madden. this guy has bust written all over him.

would he even fit in with our offense? how many 50 yard go-routes are we gonna be running the second half of the season, when the wind is whipping at the ralph? on the road in foxboro? the meadowlands?

build your team to win your division, not to make madden players happy.

While you're at it, can we get the winning mega-millions jackpot numbers?

Either that, or they simply don't agree with your opinion.

At least this statement leaves room for discussion. I think Floyd has talent, but he's got a lot of work to do before I'm ready to declare him a guaranteed impact WR.

Well, look up impact.

He will make an impact - just not going to say how much. If you put a WR with his potential on the field the defense will have to make an adjustment. Having Fitzgerald across the field from him and other players will only impact those players. I do not care if it is James Hardy on the field or Floyd - a player impacts the game.

Really? The man hasn't even played a down yet in the NFL or suited up for training camp and they are already taking him out of the starting line up? I know they need somehting to right about but this is just stupid.

Yeah really they need to get off the guys nuts. He wasn't even a top 10 pick yet he's supposed to have established himself as a franchise-saver already ?

Yeah really they need to get off the guys nuts. He wasn't even a top 10 pick yet he's supposed to have established himself as a franchise-saver already ?

In today's NFL you are expecting your 1st round pick to start and make some sort of "impact". I think the problem with Floyd is the "lack of desire" label that is starting to be formed. First he misses some practices and Fitzgerald has to get on him and now there is some rumblings about his weight. Trust me, the NFL has seen it before. Year in and year out they increase their sample pool and although those little mentions may seem minor there is truth and history behind them.

In today's NFL you are expecting your 1st round pick to start and make some sort of "impact". I think the problem with Floyd is the "lack of desire" label that is starting to be formed. First he misses some practices and Fitzgerald has to get on him and now there is some rumblings about his weight. Trust me, the NFL has seen it before. Year in and year out they increase their sample pool and although those little mentions may seem minor there is truth and history behind them.

Youre right, if hes being a lazy ass then get on him. But thats still no reason to assume he should otherwise be established as a big time receiving target at this very early stage in his NFL career.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack