Biggest Thtreat To The Economy

Park

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/bernanke-warns-congress-of-economic-slowdown/2012/07/17/gJQAlCW8qW_story.html?hpid=z2

Really? Just let the wealthy pay what they did under Clinton and keep the cuts for the vast majority of working Americans, you know, the consumers who actually create the jobs

The main threat to the economy is shifting from what others may do to us to what we are doing to ourselves.

For much of the year, economists worried about the impact of the slowdown in Europe on the U.S. economy. Now, analysts say anxiety about the impact of the fast-approaching fiscal cliff — the series of federal spending cuts and tax hikes set to take effect at the beginning of 2013 if Congress and the Obama administration do not act — is displacing Europe as the primary threat to the nation’s sputtering economy.

The answer is to spend a trillion more on "shovel ready" pork projects!

Second (or is it third?) time's the charm!

It's funny how certain they are that this kind of stimulus works. They're not going to let the lack of any historical precedent or the complete failure of their attempt dissuade them from their blind faith religious belief that this works.

Nobody is going to support more taxes, increased fees or other measures until the Fed can demonstrate they can cut waste, reform messed up programs, and do basic fiscal planning...

I mean the Fed can't even get a !@#$ing budget in place, why should they get more money?

Nobody is going to support more taxes, increased fees or other measures until the Fed can demonstrate they can cut waste, reform messed up programs, and do basic fiscal planning...

I mean the Fed can't even get a !@#$ing budget in place, why should they get more money?

The Fed's budget? What are you talking about?

And people do support returning taxes on the wealthy the Clinton era levels. Who's been screaming about run away deficits since 2009?

And people do support returning taxes on the wealthy the Clinton era levels. Who's been screaming about run away deficits since 2009?

Obama and his adminstration has had no budget approved and in place for 3 years. I like Obama, but that is a disgrace.

People will support paying more taxes when they are sure that money goes to paying down the sins of the past, not expansion or new spending endeavors.

You do realize, by law, the Federal Government is required to put a budget in place, right?

Fiscally sane people have been screaming about the runaway deficits- whether it is political BS or serious concern, the Fed spends to much money...

Edited by B-Large

This whole Bushcuts for under 250 but not over is political. That much is clear to all. I doubt it will end that way regardless of who is president come next year. But it might. In either event...nothing will be done before the election anyway.

Edited by TheNewBills

I've stayed out of this thread but can't help it anymore. I am so very disappointed in all of you on both the left and the right (except Park, I expect him to be st00peed)

How did this thread get so far without anybody pointing out the thread title:

Perhaps the biggist thtreat too the econamy is morans, morans who can't speel, and the morans who enabel them

:rolleyes:

*Edit. Apologies to Nanker, your post must have hit the board about the same time I was starting mine

Edited by /dev/null

I've stayed out of this thread but can't help it anymore. I am so very disappointed in all of you on both the left and the right (except Park, I expect him to be st00peed)

How did this thread get so far without anybody pointing out the thread title:

Perhaps the biggist thtreat too the econamy is morans, morans who can't speel, and the morans who enabel them

:rolleyes:

*Edit. Apologies to Nanker, your post must have hit the board about the same time I was starting mine

this thread it secretly about the underlying issues in the American Public School system.

Park demonstrated this by failing to write good.....

Ha, it's not surprising you idiots don't know the difference between a typo and a spelling error.

Anyway, that's on top of you extreme economic ignorance. Cutting Federal spending will only increase unemployment, lower consumer spending and lead to more unemployment.

Ha, it's not surprising you idiots don't know the difference between a typo and a spelling error.

We know the difference:

When I do it, it's a typo.

When you do it, it's the dumbest !@#$ing spelling error in the history of the planet.