I feel compelled to praise Wegmans

The Poojer

Stopped for a few items on my way home from work...got what I needed...had to kill. Went to the beer section

Picked out a decent looking bottle of IPA, Crooked Tree IPA. Paid for it. Used the opener attached to the register. Went out to the patio area where I sit now, enjoying it immensely.

Stopped for a few items on my way home from work...got what I needed...had to kill. Went to the beer section

Picked out a decent looking bottle of IPA, Crooked Tree IPA. Paid for it. Used the opener attached to the register. Went out to the patio area where I sit now, enjoying it immensely.

Are you a serial killer?

It had been awhile since i'd been back to WNY when we were there 2 weeks ago. The Wegmans in Pittsford was the best supermarket i ever remember being in. My wife said the only food store she can recall being as impressive was the food court at Harrod's in London - and she's a serious foodie. We went 3 times in three days - once to get beer with a great selection. I envy you all for having those stores. Still got some white hots, artisan sausage and kimmelweck (frozen) left from the trip but not for long.

Wegmans is so good it's one of the factors I've considered when deciding where to live (it's never been a deciding factor, so unfortunately I havne't been around a Wegmans in 20 years). That's great on Wegmans, but I can't help but think what a shame that is on other grocery chains around the country. Seriously, why doesn't anyone else do what they do?

Edited by Faustus

Wegmans is so good it's one of the factors I've considered when deciding where to live (it's never been a deciding factor, so unfortunately I havne't been around a Wegmans in 20 years). That's great on Wegmans, but I can't help but think what a shame that is on other grocery chains around the country. Seriously, why doesn't anyone else do what they do?

There are... Some areas, I guess the concept doesn't float. Me personally, don't want all the circuses... Just the breads. Competition/market share is also stiff in some areas. In my area I can name about 10 different supermarkets to pick from.

There are... Some areas, I guess the concept doesn't float. Me personally, don't want all the circuses... Just the breads. Competition/market share is also stiff in some areas. In my area I can name about 10 different supermarkets to pick from.

I've lived all over the country and have never seen anything at that level (combination of quality and quantity). I've seen some excellent grocery stores, but nothing that compares to Wegmans. Of course I'm not saying I've seen every one, but I've been to enough places to see what most areas of the country have to offer.

Wegmans is a great shopping experience... top quality products that won't break your bank. Always hailed as one of the top employers in the country. I have heard from people that know better than I that they are widely regarded as the standard bearer in the retail grocery world.

I've lived all over the country and have never seen anything at that level (combination of quality and quantity). I've seen some excellent grocery stores, but nothing that compares to Wegmans. Of course I'm not saying I've seen every one, but I've been to enough places to see what most areas of the country have to offer.

Wegmans is a great shopping experience... top quality products that won't break your bank. Always hailed as one of the top employers in the country. I have heard from people that know better than I that they are widely regarded as the standard bearer in the retail grocery world.

I've heard the same. My sister has been a manager at Publix for as long as I can remember, and she says the same. And Publix is one of the better grocery chains I've been to (or least they can be, some are dumps).

When we go back to BFLO... My wife and her family are big on Wegmans... For me, I can never find what I want... Granted, the WNY/CNY concept of prepared foods is wonderful!

I was trying to convince a prospective employee to come to WNY. I took him to Wegmans and that closed the deal.

I worked at Wegmans from my junior year of high school until last may when I got my first real job post college. Hated the place with a fiery passion for the nearly 7 years I worked there. Now as a civilian, I see what everybody else does as far as the shopping experience. And you can't beat their subs. Soooo good.

I worked at Wegmans from my junior year of high school until last may when I got my first real job post college. Hated the place with a fiery passion for the nearly 7 years I worked there. Now as a civilian, I see what everybody else does as far as the shopping experience. And you can't beat their subs. Soooo good.

I moved to Charlotte last year and the number requested store in the area is Wegmans. No surprise since it seems like one out of every 10 people here are originally from Buffalo.

I literally have 10 grocery stores within two square miles of my community. None of them compare to Wegmans. That said a Publix is coming this fall just one mile away. Excited to see what they're all about.