Is Mitt Romney A Dirty Tax Cheat?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put my savings in a tax deferred account so I can "hide" it from taxation. I use the tax code as it benefits me. If I wouldn't, I'd be a moron. If the presumed future president of the United States can't figure out how to use the tax code to his advantage, could he really be trusted to run the country.

Obviously you're trying to spin this as a loophole. There are plenty of loopholes in the tax code for everyone if you look close enough which is why 50% of the American taxpayer doesn't pay any federal taxes.

Yeah... But you and I are working stiffs... When we retire, we will be making less. We will then get taxed on it.

I just don't see a dude like Mitt having to take a lifestyle hit. What is the point about hoarding the money now for Mitt... He is not even close to a breaking point.

This is the basis of the whole progressive tax system going back centuries now. Mitt thinks he is living like everybody else. He does not eke out a living... He can pay a premium, take a hit for "the team."

Most of these politicians will campaign how there is no "I" in team... But to them there is surely a "me."

Yeah... But you and I are working stiffs... When we retire, we will be making less. We will then get taxed on it.

That's your expectations. Mine are limitless and I guarantee that even if I'm making 50 times what I make now, I'll still do everything in my power to reduce my tax charges.

I just don't see a dude like Mitt having to take a lifestyle hit. What is the point about hoarding the money now for Mitt... He is not even close to a breaking point.

One of the reasons Mitt is wealthy is because he knows how to make and keep his money. People who take the view of " i have enough money" usually end up being working stiffs their whole life who end up living paycheck to paycheck.

As my wise mother once told me, never take anything for granted because you never know what life will throw at you.

That's your expectations. Mine are limitless and I guarantee that even if I'm making 50 times what I make now, I'll still do everything in my power to reduce my tax charges.

One of the reasons Mitt is wealthy is because he knows how to make and keep his money. People who take the view of " i have enough money" usually end up being working stiffs their whole life who end up living paycheck to paycheck.

As my wise mother once told me, never take anything for granted because you never know what life will throw at you.

Total BS... You make it sound like guys like Mitt, Ralph Wilson, Jerry Jones did it all themselves. LOL.

Total BS... You make it sound like guys like Mitt, Ralph Wilson, Jerry Jones did it all themselves. LOL.

Bitter much? I don't care how they did it but your jealousy is clear as water.

No one ever gets wealthy in a vacuum. What's your point? That they should share the wealth with the people they used to help them get there? You do realize that they oftentime do with things called bonuses, profit sharing, stock options, etc. You know things they choose to give to the people the helped them get where they are, not things they're forced to do which is how I assume you'd want it to be.

Bitter much? I don't care how they did it but your jealousy is clear as water.

He's not bitter, he's distracting you.

Seriously, from here on out don't talk about anything but the pathetic economy. They say Romney's a tax cheat, you say..."where are the jobs?" They say Romney's is a vulture capitalist, you say..."why were there more people put on disability last month than got a job?" They say Romney has a car elevator, you say..."why is the unemployment rate still above 8 percent, 41 straight months and counting?"

It's simple and effective, because they literally no longer have a sane argument as to why his presidency has been such a failure.

Edited by 1billsfan

Seriously, from here on out don't talk about anything but the pathetic economy. They say Romney's a tax cheat, you say..."where are the jobs?" They say Romney's is a vulture capitalist, you say..."why were there more people put on disability last month than got a job?" They say Romney has a car elevator, you say..."why is the unemployment rate still above 8 percent, 41 straight months and counting?"

It's simple and effective, because they literally no longer have no sane argument as to why his presidency has been such a failure.

It's great how you think I'm a lemming.

It's simple and effective, because they literally no longer have a sane argument as to why his presidency has been such a failure.

It won't work. The lousy economy is not Obama's fault and voters know that. Romney hiding his financial life away is a real issue. Why won't he do what every other Presidential contender has done? Probably because he's hiding something.

And what's Romney's plan for the economy? More of what he is hiding in his tax returns probably.

It's great how you think I'm a lemming.

He just sees you for what you are

It won't work. The lousy economy is not Obama's fault and voters know that. Romney hiding his financial life away is a real issue. Why won't he do what every other Presidential contender has done? Probably because he's hiding something.

And what's Romney's plan for the economy? More of what he is hiding in his tax returns probably.

Of course the economy is not his fault, it's Bush's. :rolleyes:

However if the poor economy is Bush's fault than logic would dictate that the slow recovery is Obama's fault? Or is that Bush's fault too.

However if the poor economy is Bush's fault than logic would dictate that the slow recovery is Obama's fault? Or is that Bush's fault too.

wHY Do you put words in people's mouths? That's so ignorant, yet typical of mindless posters. I never said anything about President Bush and if you can prove me wrong, go ahead, if not just shut your ignorant mouth

The Hill

Majority of voters believe Obama has changed country for worse

Two-thirds of likely voters say President Obama has kept his 2008 campaign promise to change America — but it’s changed for the worse, according to a sizable majority.

A new poll for The Hill found 56 percent of likely voters believe Obama’s first term has transformed the nation in a negative way, compared to 35 percent who believe the country has changed for the better under his leadership.

The results signal broad voter unease with the direction the nation has taken under Obama’s leadership and present a major challenge for the incumbent Democrat as he seeks reelection this fall.

Conducted for The Hill by Pulse Opinion Research, the poll comes in the wake of last month’s Supreme Court decision that upheld the primary elements of Obama’s signature healthcare legislation.

wHY Do you put words in people's mouths? That's so ignorant, yet typical of mindless posters. I never said anything about President Bush and if you can prove me wrong, go ahead, if not just shut your ignorant mouth

Great, just what the board needed, another retard....

are you here to offer anything else than what you have laid out already? If not, no need to continue

Edited by B-Large

A political application of the Chewbacca Defense

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? Because Mitt Romney outsourced his job from the planet Kashyyyk!

Round and round we go. They blamed Clinton for many years after he left office... What's new. The problem is, Americans are like Veruca Salt: "I want it now daddy." And they vote that... Rightly so when a person is hruting.

A political application of the Chewbacca Defense

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? Because Mitt Romney outsourced his job from the planet Kashyyyk!

Boy... You really are a nerd... You need to get laid.... BY A WOMAN! :nana:

He just sees you for what you are

Name one big election the democrats have won since Obama was elected in 2008.

The voters didn't buy your argument in 2010 and your false sense that they did and will do so yet again this year is laughable. Stop being a baby and accept that you own the economy.

Edited by 1billsfan

Boy... You really are a nerd... You need to get laid.... BY A WOMAN! :nana:

Again with the distractions

Do you agree or disagree that Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign's current strategy is to distract the focus away from their own record? Why not foucus on why Obama should be re-elected instead?

Again with the distractions

Do you agree or disagree that Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign's current strategy is to distract the focus away from their own record? Why not foucus on why Obama should be re-elected instead?

Yes. I agree because the record needs more time. Nice thing about term limits... He has only 4 more years to finish the vision. FDR used the term "changing horses in mid-stream." The stream looks pretty rough... You gotta stay on your ride. BUT, try telling that to somebody who is outta work and wants to blame somebody, anybody... The incumbant is the first person they go after. Americans want everything yesterday.

He needs to be honest with American's and continue to share his vision with them... Or else they will jump midstream and make a swim to shore (ill advised).

Name one big election the democrats have won since Obama was elected in 2008.

The voters didn't buy your argument in 2010 and your false sense that they did and will do so yet again this year is laughable. Stop being a baby and accept that you own the economy.

The voters don't know what is good for them. We haven't hit rock bottom yet and the clock hasn't been fully turned back to 1929 for a "do over."

Voters will continue to make the same mistakes... The country has been going down the tubes the last 30 years... Mainly under Republican leadership... You can't deny that they have been in power longer.