The Obama Add Against Romney That Is Patently False

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/07/02/Wapo-backs-off-romney-outsource-claim

'Washington Post' Backs Off Claim Romney Outsourced Jobs

205 12 689

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email ArticlePrint Article

Send a Tip by John Nolte 2 Jul 2012 68post a comment

After being caught for the third time in as many months coordinating with the Obama campaign to attack Mitt Romney, the Washington Post finally -- in the most cowardly and slippery manner imaginable -- came clean today regarding the provably false charge that the presumptive GOP nominee outsourced American jobs during his tenure at Bain Capital:

The actual [Washington Post article in question] article, in fact, does not say that transfers of U.S. jobs took place while Romney ran the private equity firm of Bain Capital. …

The Obama campaign moved quickly to define what the article said, claiming that this transfer of jobs took place while Romney ran Bain. That’s not what the original article said.

This is how dishonest media cowards who wake up in the morning with David Axelrod nuzzling their ear correct maliciously-timed, journalistic hit jobs that can no longer withstand scrutiny.

What the Post's "fact checker," Glenn Kessler, is doing here is two-fold:

First, Kessler's attempting to rewrite and loophole the Post's butt out of a sling. Now that it's been proven Romney is only responsible for creating American jobs and not outsourcing them, Kessler wants us to believe the Post's front-page hit-piece never (who

us?) claimed Romney was responsible for outsourcing.

Are you going to believe Kessler, or your lying eyes? The Post's own headline:

Romney’s Bain Capital invested in companies that moved jobs overseas

This is the problem with the media. I am watching fox news and they have a 4 person panel discussing the new healthcare law. 2 of them are telling me how bad this and the sky is falling. The other 2 are telling me how good this new law is going to be for everyone. The viewing public have absolutely no idea who is telling the truth and who is out right lying.

A quick question about private equity. Isn't the main objective to turn a profit and protect the shareholders? It's not like they come in with the main objective to create jobs. It seems to me if they happen to create some jobs great but that's not really there main objective. For the record this is no knock on Mitt. I don't believe a lot of the stuff I read in the papers, to many times the facts take a backseat.

This is the problem with the media. I am watching fox news and they have a 4 person panel discussing the new healthcare law. 2 of them are telling me how bad this and the sky is falling. The other 2 are telling me how good this new law is going to be for everyone. The viewing public have absolutely no idea who is telling the truth and who is out right lying.

A quick question about private equity. Isn't the main objective to turn a profit and protect the shareholders? It's not like they come in with the main objective to create jobs. It seems to me if they happen to create some jobs great but that's not really there main objective. For the record this is no knock on Mitt. I don't believe a lot of the stuff I read in the papers, to many times the facts take a backseat.

WRT the first paragraph, estimates already put Obamacare at costing $1.8T. And estimates have never been off by less than a factor of 3, and that's being conservative given the complexity of Obamacare.

WRT the second paragraph, yes their main objective is to make money. A successful venture will create jobs usually. But just because Romnney was the head of Bain doesn't mean he'll run the country like he ran Bain, just like he didn't run the Olympics like he ran Bain.

WRT the first paragraph, estimates already put Obamacare at costing $1.8T. And estimates have never been off by less than a factor of 3, and that's being conservative given the complexity of Obamacare.

WRT the second paragraph, yes their main objective is to make money. A successful venture will create jobs usually. But just because Romnney was the head of Bain doesn't mean he'll run the country like he ran Bain, just like he didn't run the Olympics like he ran Bain.

I am not going to call you a liar. I will take you at your word. I have watched so many people debate this and the cost on fox news and I have no idea who is trying to be truthful and accurate. I have even watched a few doctors on some programs that think the new law is a good thing because healthcare reform was needed they just weren't happy about all the new regulations and paper work that comes with it because they felt it would slow them down from treating people.

If Mitt is President I wouldn't expect him to run the country that way either. What I am getting at is you often hear people associated with his team refer to the fact he created all these jobs while at Bain. That is not totally true. Private Equity sometimes creates jobs, sometimes they don't. I am sure they did create some jobs while he was at Bain and I'm sure they lost some jobs as well. People on his staff sometimes come across like when he was at Bain that they were just interested in taking over companies and creating a bunch of jobs. Not true, the main objective was to make money and protect the shareholders.

Let me ask you this, if you are the owner of a restaurant, construction company, auto dealership, clothing store or just about any other business, is it their main objective to create jobs or turn a profit?

you see this question, no offense to you is utterly preposterous. However it is a question that has been posed over and over by the Obama campaign and his surrogates and of course then repeated by the media.

The main objective of 99% of any business is to turn a profit, if run effectively, then job creation in many cases is a byproduct of this development.

Why would anyone want to create jobs? That is such a pain in the butt. Those pesky jobs always get in the way. The perfect situation would be to make money, make profit, and NOT create any jobs. Anybody figure a way to do that yet? I bet people are trying. Who wants the overhead... Who wants to deal with people and all the drama they bring? Sure expanding business needs people and jobs... But there has to be a way to lessen the need for people.

I am not going to call you a liar. I will take you at your word. I have watched so many people debate this and the cost on fox news and I have no idea who is trying to be truthful and accurate. I have even watched a few doctors on some programs that think the new law is a good thing because healthcare reform was needed they just weren't happy about all the new regulations and paper work that comes with it because they felt it would slow them down from treating people.

If Mitt is President I wouldn't expect him to run the country that way either. What I am getting at is you often hear people associated with his team refer to the fact he created all these jobs while at Bain. That is not totally true. Private Equity sometimes creates jobs, sometimes they don't. I am sure they did create some jobs while he was at Bain and I'm sure they lost some jobs as well. People on his staff sometimes come across like when he was at Bain that they were just interested in taking over companies and creating a bunch of jobs. Not true, the main objective was to make money and protect the shareholders.

You shouldn't and can't call me a liar because you can look up the current projections for Obamacare, and look at the true costs of programs like SS, Medicare, and Medicaid, along with how the Post Office is bankrupt. And while I agree reform needed to happen, this was NOT it.

And perhaps Romney overstated how many jobs Bain created, but the fact is he did create jobs (both there and as gov of Mass). But as WT said, the goal of ANYONE in business is first and foremost to make money. If jobs are created in the process, so much the better.

Jobs created is a stupid dead horse beating red herring.

If I ran a successful company of 100 people for 10 years that turned a large profit every year, never hired any more employees and at the end of 10 years I still employed 100 people, did I really create 0 jobs?

Even if Mitt Romney had outsourced thousands of jobs himself, it wouldn't matter, except to fools who would seek to make political hay of the meaningless and mundane. Far be it from me to heap accolades on a plagerizing hack like Paul Krugman, but he stumbled onto a very hard truth when doing his work on economies of scale: the only way a Kenyesian system can be sustained over a long period of time is by exporting the rampant inflation it generates. Raise your hand if you know how inflation is exported. Double points if you know what type of economic system we have in the US.

You shouldn't and can't call me a liar because you can look up the current projections for Obamacare, and look at the true costs of programs like SS, Medicare, and Medicaid, along with how the Post Office is bankrupt. And while I agree reform needed to happen, this was NOT it.

And perhaps Romney overstated how many jobs Bain created, but the fact is he did create jobs (both there and as gov of Mass). But as WT said, the goal of ANYONE in business is first and foremost to make money. If jobs are created in the process, so much the better.

I guess we will have to wait and see if those projections are remotely accurate. Fact is programs like SS, Medicare, and Medicade are much needed. People need to stop abusing the system. Yeah the post office is in trouble and it has been heading that way for sometime. Plenty of blame to hand out to both sides for kicking the can down the road. We all seem to agree that healthcare reform was needed. Maybe this is the starting point and it can be tweeked so it does work?

That's my point they (Mitt's people) have opened up this can of worms by overstating jobs created. Yes they created jobs and yes they lost jobs. I believe it was Bill Kystol on fox news that stated while Gov of Mass Mitt ranked 47th out 50 states in job creation and that is going to be a problem for him. What they need to do is put their plan out there to the voters and tell them why they think it will work. Stop stretching the truth on the jobs you claim to have created when the facts don't support the claim.

Edited by tomato can

Romney lies all the time

Misleading and sensationalizing things for political gain? Doesn't sound like the GOP to me. Also doesn't sound like politicians in general. Obama should be ashamed he's doing something never before seen. This isn't the politics I know.

Edited by TheNewBills

I guess we will have to wait and see if those projections are remotely accurate. Fact is programs like SS, Medicare, and Medicade are much needed. People need to stop abusing the system. Yeah the post office is in trouble and it has been heading that way for sometime. Plenty of blame to hand out to both sides for kicking the can down the road. We all seem to agree that healthcare reform was needed. Maybe this is the starting point and it can be tweeked so it does work?

That's my point they (Mitt's people) have opened up this can of worms by overstating jobs created. Yes they created jobs and yes they lost jobs. I believe it was Bill Kystol on fox news that stated while Gov of Mass Mitt ranked 47th out 50 states in job creation and that is going to be a problem for him. What they need to do is put their plan out there to the voters and tell them why they think it will work. Stop stretching the truth on the jobs you claim to have created when the facts don't support the claim.

You don't have to wait and see. It is guaranteed to cost several times more than expected. Hell the cost doubled in the space of a year! And hoping for an end to abuse in the system is a pipe dream. As is "tweaking" Obamacare, because that's worked so well for SS, Medicaid, and Medicare.

As for the his job creation in Mass, unemployment went from 5.6% to 4.7%. That's the number he'll be focusing-on.

If we wait to see if things are really as bad as projected, wouldn't that be kicking the can down the road?

When you hear people say "it's better than nothing" and "maybe we can tweek it later it to improve it," you're hearing inept people explain away their sub-par performances.

Edited by LABillzFan