My burger recipe

boyst

I use grassfed ground beef, unique amazing taste - I would love everyone to find some and try some! I made some burgers tonight and my guests said I should share this recipe with people because it was "REALLY REALLY GOOD." So, I figured why not you schlubs.

Generally, I just know what to add and how much but here is what I do to make a very savory, juicy, thick, delicious, and meaty burger. You might be best to squeeze the burgers in to patties pretty hard - this may get some of the juices out but you'll be ok...

Base:

red wine vinegarette (1/2 cup)

garlic vinegarette (1/2 cup)

worchestire sauce (1/4 cup)

extra virgin olive oil (1 tbl spoon)

mix them together in your bowl.

Add:

honey (1 good squeeze worth)

lemon juice (one good pour out)

molasses (2 tsp)

mustard (1 tbl spoon)

add to your taste the following:

ground pepper (two shakes of a big bottle)

sea salt (pinch)

garlic powder (2 pinchs)

onion powder (2 pinches)

chili spice (2 shakes)

cumin (1 shake)

italian bread crumbs (1/4 cup, i don't always add this)

paprika (1 or 2 shakes)

I mix in pieces of ripped up assorted cheese in the burger - havarti, baby swiss, provolone, sharp cheddar, and colby.

Then on the grill as they finish I rip up parts of cheese and put them on top and let them melt in the burger. With grassfed beef, the low fat content causes the burgers to break up sometimes but those are usually my favorite part.

Enjoy!!! Maybe some time I will put up my garden steak recipe - now that every one should have their garden soon ready to harvest.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use grassfed ground beef, unique amazing taste - I would love everyone to find some and try some! I made some burgers tonight and my guests said I should share this recipe with people because it was "REALLY REALLY GOOD." So, I figured why not you schlubs.

Generally, I just know what to add and how much but here is what I do to make a very savory, juicy, thick, delicious, and meaty burger. You might be best to squeeze the burgers in to patties pretty hard - this may get some of the juices out but you'll be ok...

Base:

Add:

molasses (2 tsp)

mustard (1 tbl spoon)

sea salt (pinch)

garlic powder (2 pinchs)

onion powder (2 pinches)

chili spice (2 shakes)

cumin (1 shake)

paprika (1 or 2 shakes)

I mix in pieces of ripped up assorted cheese in the burger - havarti, baby swiss, provolone, sharp cheddar, and colby.

Then on the grill as they finish I rip up parts of cheese and put them on top and let them melt in the burger. With grassfed beef, the low fat content causes the burgers to break up sometimes but those are usually my favorite part.

Enjoy!!! Maybe some time I will put up my garden steak recipe - now that every one should have their garden soon ready to harvest.

Well this certainly puts the cheeseburger I had for dinner to shame.. :unsure:

Sounds delicious though, I will have to try it

I use ground beef seasoned with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. To each their own, but your recipe sounds like a meatloaf recipe. I'm sure it's delicious, but I think sometimes less is more.

I am often a less is more type of guy; but if you eat as much beef as I do then its fun to spice it up and try new recipes. Except that horrible stroganof I made the other day...don't try that, the recipe was aweful.

Base:

Add:

molasses (2 tsp)

mustard (1 tbl spoon)

sea salt (pinch)

garlic powder (2 pinchs)

onion powder (2 pinches)

chili spice (2 shakes)

cumin (1 shake)

paprika (1 or 2 shakes)

They were drunk.

how much meat are you adding...that's 1-1/4+ cups of liquid alone you are adding, it wouldn't seem that 1/4 cup bread crumbs(if you use them) would keep the patties in tact

Base:

Add:

molasses (2 tsp)

mustard (1 tbl spoon)

sea salt (pinch)

garlic powder (2 pinchs)

onion powder (2 pinches)

chili spice (2 shakes)

cumin (1 shake)

paprika (1 or 2 shakes)

I like my burgers simple. Ground beef, finely diced white onion, LOTS of worcestershire, salt, pepper all gently mixed together into 1/4 pound patties.

Personally, I associate fillers such as breadcrumbs to ground meat as meatloaf and to a lesser extent meatballs.

The redwine vinegar, mollasses and honey scares me. Sort of reminds of a Carolina BBQ twist to burgers.

Ground Bison, the rest is immaterial

Bison by itself is bit too lean for my taste. It needs help.

Ground Bison, the rest is immaterial

I really like the bison as well, but it's running more than $9 a pound when I see it. Great flavor, but man - don't cook it too long - it dries and crumbles - if you like well done burgers skip the bison - you'll ruin it.

To further my point about Bison is its lean nature will make the burgers dry.

One of my secrets when working with Bison burgers is mixing bone marrow in with the meat . Look for beef marrow bones. Every grocery store or butcher will have them. Roast off the bones, let them cool, and then pluck out the marrow. The bone marrow will literally melt into the meat when you grill them. Pure decadence!

Bone marrow adds TONS of complementary beef flavor and needed fat/moisture/juicyness to a Bison burger.

It doesn't ruin it, it just gives it a unique taste and a change up once in a while. Grassfed has a great taste and it is premium beef.

how much meat are you adding...that's 1-1/4+ cups of liquid alone you are adding, it wouldn't seem that 1/4 cup bread crumbs(if you use them) would keep the patties in tact

About 1.5 lbs. Most of the liquid just goes in the bowl and down the drain when done.

It doesn't ruin it, it just gives it a unique taste and a change up once in a while. Grassfed has a great taste and it is premium beef.

About 1.5 lbs. Most of the liquid just goes in the bowl and down the drain when done.

What cuts of beef are you using for your burgers?