Happy Fourth of July

You can agree with the haters of all things America if you want. That's what makes us America. You and Chris Rock, bashing Independence day. :thumbdown:

"You just hate America!"

Gee, that wasn't a predictable response. :rolleyes:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can agree with the haters of all things America if you want. That's what makes us America. You and Chris Rock, bashing Independence day. :thumbdown:

So you're moving on from defending the piece (even though it doesn't quote Sorkin or contain a tweet from him or any one of consequence bashing America) to this. Show me where, anywhere, I said I agreed with anyone in that "article". Calling an article out for being *****y isn't the same thing as hating America.

You're the perfect drone.

Maybe he needs to be on a "watch list".

Based on my internet research history, I'm already on several no doubt.

So you're moving on from defending the piece (even though it doesn't quote Sorkin or contain a tweet from him or any one of consequence bashing America) to this. Show me where, anywhere, I said I agreed with anyone in that "article". Calling an article out for being *****y isn't the same thing as hating America.

You're the perfect drone.

Based on my internet research history, I'm already on several no doubt.

It contained tweets from 3 well known people and quoted Sorkin. It had tweets from many others bashing Independence Day. Are you so blinded by celebrity status in Hollywood that a person has to be "one of consequence" to be disgusted by their hatred of America? All I said is "to hell with these a-holes". I'm sorry that you don't feel the same way and are siding with the people that hate America. Have you ever considered moving to another country, seeing what your true feelings are about America?

It contained tweets from 3 well known people and quoted Sorkin. It had tweets from many others bashing Independence Day. Are you so blinded by celebrity status in Hollywood that a person has to be "one of consequence" to be disgusted by their hatred of America? All I said is "to hell with these a-holes". I'm sorry that you don't feel the same way and are siding with the people that hate America. Have you ever considered moving to another country, seeing what your true feelings are about America?

It had ONE tweet from Chris Rock -- a tweet that didn't say anything negative about America. In fact, if anything, the tweet strengthens it. DonC simply chuckled over it and 17 Again just heavy handedly re-worded it. And again, no where and at no time is Sorkin quoted in that article. No one tweets about Sorkin and no one but the author/commentator even mentions Sorkin. But the headline describes Sorkin as the "ring leader".

Instead, he (incorrectly) paraphrases a line of dialogue from a show Sorkin wrote. Without context or follow up, the author bashes it as being anti-american when it's not. It's done to somehow suggest that Sorkin's send up of the media (not the country itself) prompted Chris Rock to tweet about America's history of slavery.

The two are about as connected as your frontal lobe.

Edited by tgreg99

It had ONE tweet from Chris Rock -- a tweet that didn't say anything negative about America. In fact, if anything, the tweet strengthens it. DonC simply chuckled over it and 17 Again just heavy handedly re-worded it. And again, no where and at no time is Sorkin quoted in that article. No one tweets about Sorkin and no one but the author/commentator even mentions Sorkin. But the headline describes Sorkin as the "ring leader".

Instead, he (incorrectly) paraphrases a line of dialogue from a show Sorkin wrote. Without context or follow up, the author bashes it as being anti-american when it's not. It's done to somehow suggest that Sorkin's send up of the media (not the country itself) prompted Chris Rock to tweet about America's history of slavery.

This is what Chris Rock tweeted:

Chris Rock

✔@chrisrock "Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks"

Why are you being so obtuse? My original post was against the tweeters. Throw out everything the author said if you want. Call him just another idiot writer. It's the tweeter's tweets that I was objecting to. Why are you refusing to include people that are not celebrities? Are you really that star struck or has your hatred for America blinded you?

Chris Rock

✔@chrisrock "Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks"

Why are you being so obtuse? My original post was against the tweeters. Throw out everything the author said if you want. Call him just another idiot writer. It's the tweeter's tweets that I was objecting to. Why are you refusing to include people that are not celebrities? Are you really that star struck or has your hatred for America blinded you?

Instead of all of this negativity, why don't these douchebags choose to look at the glass as half full? Why not celebrate the fact that they live in a country that abolished slavery and today vigorously defends their civil rights? In many respects, minorities get preferential treatment. There has never been a better time to be black in America. Celebrate that mofo's!

Instead of all of this negativity, why don't these douchebags choose to look at the glass as half full? Why not celebrate the fact that they live in a country that abolished slavery and today vigorously defends their civil rights? In many respects, minorities get preferential treatment. There has never been a better time to be black in America. Celebrate that mofo's!

That's what I don't understand. At least be honest and thank Jefferson for the his wording of the declaration... Also for the founding fathers to get the south on board... They knew in due time that the constitution was a living, growing document... They really duped the south early on to get that important block on board with the Union.

Slavery had existed for thousands of years across multiple continents before 1776.

America abolished slavery in less than 100 years.

Compare the living conditions of Americans of African descent against living conditions of real Africans

But no, lets focus on the negative.

Slavery had existed for thousands of years across multiple continents before 1776.

America abolished slavery in less than 100 years.

Compare the living conditions of Americans of African descent against living conditions of real Africans

But no, lets focus on the negative.

Slavery Good!

Bush Good!

Obama Bad!

DING! My HotPocket is ready!

:nana:

Slavery Good!

Bush Good!

Obama Bad!

DING! My HotPocket is ready!

:nana:

The same tired "good/bad" response again.............

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Chris Rock

It's not just the writer that's an idiot. The list of idiots include anyone who actually takes that article serious enough to make a message board post about it. It takes a bigger idiot, or just a 3rdlng, to defend such an article regardless of content.

It's not just the writer that's an idiot. The list of idiots include anyone who actually takes that article serious enough to make a message board post about it. It takes a bigger idiot, or just a 3rdlng, to defend such an article regardless of content.

It's amazing, out of all the black people I know.

None personally know racist white people. But believe there are plenty of racist whites

None are willing to defend racist remarks like this from a black person. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farakhan, etc because nobody they know pays any attention to them.

Reminds me of an Obi Wan Kenobi quote

Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?

How about the fool that turns a blind eye towards the other 2 idiots

My message board post had to do with the tweets on or around Independence Day that were so negative towards this country. What does it take to get it through your thick skull? I'm not defending the author, I'm disgusted by the tweeters.

So, you are calling all the other posters in this thread who agree with me idiots? It would appear that not only do you hate this country but the majority of the people in it. I guess there are good reasons you are on the "watch list".

I am not Mormon, so I am not really weird!

Seriously dude, put down the Kool-Aid®.

Political disagreements aside, one Bills fan to another. You really need to take a step away from the punch bowl, take a deep breath, look around from different points of view, and think for yourself :ph34r:

Chris Rock

My message board post had to do with the tweets on or around Independence Day that were so negative towards this country. What does it take to get it through your thick skull? I'm not defending the author, I'm disgusted by the tweeters.

So, you are calling all the other posters in this thread who agree with me idiots? It would appear that not only do you hate this country but the majority of the people in it. I guess there are good reasons you are on the "watch list".

I feel compelled to step in. Not once did tgreg defend or even so much as comment on the twitter content. Your "If I say it enough times, it's true" strategy of painting him as anti-American is just wrong.

Granted, he started it this time...but really, this is all unnecessary.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Why the hell are you even bothering. This is his retarded version of a game. He knows there's nothing anti-american in there but loves getting the rise out of you when you reply. That's what it's really about.

It's like when we're on a family trip somewhere and my 5 year old pokes my 2 year old repeatedly just to piss her off. My 9 year old seems to have grown out of it. 3rd however...