What were the Best Seats at a Event Personally

I don't like to tell this story online because most would not believe. I actually snuck into Game 4 and Game 6 of the Sabres Stanley Cup against Dallas. Many years ago I worked at the old Aud and also knew some people that worked at HSBC. Game 4, I met up with a friend inside who runs the beer concessions. He took me up the back elevator to the 200 level bar/restaurant area about 2 hours before game-time. Ended up meeting Darren Pang and Barry Melrose while they were getting their make-up put on. Sat at the table overlooking the ice right above Hasek. We won.

Game 6, my brother and I wore suits and followed 6 Dallas Stars players into HSBC about 2.5 hours before game-time. Same thing met my friend, up the back elevator and sat in the same seats. FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! (Except for Brett Hull). :wallbash:

Not the best seats in the house.....but damn good and free!

My best seats were at Wrigley Field about 7 years ago. They had just built @ 5 new rows behind home plate. My buddy took about 6 of us at $500 bucks a pop. Saw Mark Prior pitch a great game. Again, didn't cost me a cent for the tickets......I guess it is true: The best things in life are free. :thumbsup:

Late 80s in was living in Poughkeepsie and SRV came to play in the local civic center. The place was small to begin with, plus for some reason hardly anyone showed up. We had tickets in the 2nd row and moved to the first. At one point Stevie came to the edge of the stage, sat down with his legs hanging over and played from there. The small crowd of people up front just kind of politely gathered around him while he was playing and he was just shooting the **** with us between songs. Was the most amazing concert experience I ever had. SRV RIP

I am guessing that was at The Chance in Poughkeepsie. Amazing place to see music!! Small and intimate. :thumbsup:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to tell this story online because most would not believe. I actually snuck into Game 4 and Game 6 of the Sabres Stanley Cup against Dallas. Many years ago I worked at the old Aud and also knew some people that worked at HSBC. Game 4, I met up with a friend inside who runs the beer concessions. He took me up the back elevator to the 200 level bar/restaurant area about 2 hours before game-time. Ended up meeting Darren Pang and Barry Melrose while they were getting their make-up put on. Sat at the table overlooking the ice right above Hasek. We won.

Game 6, my brother and I wore suits and followed 6 Dallas Stars players into HSBC about 2.5 hours before game-time. Same thing met my friend, up the back elevator and sat in the same seats. FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! (Except for Brett Hull). :wallbash:

Not the best seats in the house.....but damn good and free!

My best seats were at Wrigley Field about 7 years ago. They had just built @ 5 new rows behind home plate. My buddy took about 6 of us at $500 bucks a pop. Saw Mark Prior pitch a great game. Again, didn't cost me a cent for the tickets......I guess it is true: The best things in life are free. :thumbsup:

I am guessing that was at The Chance in Poughkeepsie. Amazing place to see music!! Small and intimate. :thumbsup:

its so each of us have that magic like special place... so often watch and envy , it great to have just once even great seats.... place

Not exactly seats as we stood the whole night. Another a-plus from my "way back machine". Back in the day( probably 1970-71)while doing some duty at MCAS EL TORO we hopped over to the Sunset Strip, walking past the Whisky A-Go-Go we decided to check it out.. I'm thinking there was like a $3.00 cover and 2 drink minimum. On stage the warm up band "Redbone" with Lolly Vasquez in floor length war bonnet. Followed by Jefferson Airplane with Gracie Slick.... talk about a live intimate show .WOW. For the younger Bills fans , here are a couple u tube clips of the bands.

and the Airplane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TS0dUrF6mQ&feature=fvst

Okay, I am getting old, so my memory can be a little hazy at times...I do know, for sure, that Stevie played on the bill, of UB Fall fest, right before Cyndi Lauper...I was just becoming aware of SRV, and couldn't believe he was opening for Lauper...

I went to a few of those things, so I am not sure if Black Uhuru and Yelloman were on that bill, or from another year...this would have been, likely 1983-1984.

EDIT: So, I tried to do a little on-line research... still not absolutely sure, but it looks like Lauper played the 1983 Fall Fest, so it was 1983... Black Uhuru, Yelloman, from what I can tell, was 1984...but this article is so poorly written...it could be the other way around....

http://www.ubspectru...-fall-1.2878854

"The fests only continued to grow. After singer Cyndi Lauper drew in 15,000 attendees in 1984's Fall Fest, UB brought reggae band Black Uhuru in 1984, Chuck Berry and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts in 1987, and singer Pat Benatar in 1988. The talent cost rose from $40,000 the previous year to $50,000 in order to bring in the popular '80s singer."

I didn't mean to question what you said, I just didn't know SRV had played that one. I didn't know who he was at the time. Oh, and thanks for the link.

On a related note, one day I was walking to my next class and saw a band playing in the courtyard near the student center so I stopped to listen to a couple songs. There was no crowd around them at all, just a handful of people stopping to listen then moving on. I thought, 'not bad'. The band was 10,000 Maniacs.

Edited by UpperDeck

Not exactly seats as we stood the whole night. Another a-plus from my "way back machine". Back in the day( probably 1970-71)while doing some duty at MCAS EL TORO we hopped over to the Sunset Strip, walking past the Whisky A-Go-Go we decided to check it out.. I'm thinking there was like a $3.00 cover and 2 drink minimum. On stage the warm up band "Redbone" with Lolly Vasquez in floor length war bonnet. Followed by Jefferson Airplane with Gracie Slick.... talk about a live intimate show .WOW. For the younger Bills fans , here are a couple u tube clips of the bands.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6kTHK1LI6k

and the Airplane

youtube.com/watch?v=4TS0dUrF6mQ&feature=fvst

when you mention the whiskey , i think of Jim Morrison and Doors...... :)

I think the "best" sporting seats are hockey or bball seats.

I've had a number of luxury box seats to hockey games, which have been great. But the best seat I had was center ice, 10 rows back at Consol watching the Penguins/Canucks 2 years ago. I love the sounds of the ice you get when you sit that close.

Was in the stands in Canton, OH when Ralph and Bruce went into the HOF. Was there for the game as well. That place was LOADED with Bills fans that weekend. It felt like a home game in a High School Stadium.

Oh, that reminded me of Marv's induction. The last year it was held on the steps of the Hall. We had seats right by the walkway where every invited guest (including a lot of former Bills) had to walk through to get to their seats.

I've had some great seats over the years for many events but my most favorite was taking my 11 year old son to his first concert ever to see our favorite band Rush at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater in San Diego last summer. Seeing my son have the time of his life is an experience I will always remember and cherish. At one point I turned to my son when he wasn't looking and said to myself ''damn, that was the look I had on my face when I went to my first concert''. Brought back great memories for me when I was a kid.

I've had some great seats over the years for many events but my most favorite was taking my 11 year old son to his first concert ever to see our favorite band Rush at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater in San Diego last summer. Seeing my son have the time of his life is an experience I will always remember and cherish. At one point I turned to my son when he wasn't looking and said to myself ''damn, that was the look I had on my face when I went to my first concert''. Brought back great memories for me when I was a kid.

so nice you posted your experience,,, so precious memories with family particularly children...it will endure forever .... really nice....:)

so nice you posted your experience,,, so precious memories with family particularly children...it will endure forever .... really nice....:)

Thanks. Couldn't agree more. We plan on going to the Clockwork Angels Tour this year as well but this time we're seeing them in concert in Buffalo instead Friday October 26 and share his first Bills home game together on the 21st vs Titans.

Concert: I believe it was in '77, when as I young lad I was center, 7 rows from the stage for Rush 2112 tour at the old Century Theater in Buffalo.

Sporting Event: Super Bowl 25. row 19, 35 yard line. Sat a few rows in front of MC Hammer and right behind Jeff Hostettler's wife. Yeah, I was real popular in all my Bills gear and my eyes painted like Ray Bentley's in a sea of Giants fans!

My wife works at the dome downtown here in St. Louis, and I was running with the hand-held camera guy for the championship game against Philly a few years ago. I ended up standing midfield while Kurt Warner was being interviewed, and even ended up in the locker room for the speech...I was hiding in the next room while Martz delivered his motivational speech that led to their loss to the Cheatriots.

On another note, I was about 10 feet from Jeff Buckley at the Hi Pointe in St. Louis, crowd of about 20 during the tour to promote Grace. He was awesome.