Joe Delaney - Someone worth remembering

Peter

It really is amazing how fast time seems to go by.

Wow, hard to believe it's been that long. I remember that well. Joe Delaney was a hell of a RB and an even better man.

It still amazes me how many people can't swim well. I'm not a fish but I'm not going under in a pool or pond either. It really should be taught to all kids at somepoint. Such a tragic, and avoidable death for so many people.

It's a chance to bond with your kids and it could save their lives. Spend some time in a pool with them. Even if you aren't great - learn with them in the shallow end, you might save your own life in the process.

Edited by NoSaint

Did you read the Frank Deford feature from SI that was linked in the PFT article? I talks about how Joe Ferguson helped Joe Delaney when he first made it to the NFL:

"After Joe signed his contract with the Chiefs, Joe Ferguson, the Buffalo quarterback, who was raised in Shreveport and knew Joe D., showed Joe how to write checks."

My link

Story gave me cold chills, one hell of a man. R.I.P Joe.

same here cdogg---chills--I remember that story so well but I'd forgotten about it for decades.

and to repeat your words again--one hell of a man.R.I P Joe.

It still amazes me how many people can't swim well. I'm not a fish but I'm not going under in a pool or pond either. It really should be taught to all kids at somepoint. Such a tragic, and avoidable death for so many people.

It's a chance to bond with your kids and it could save their lives. Spend some time in a pool with them. Even if you aren't great - learn with them in the shallow end, you might save your own life in the process.

Couldn't agree more. My father took swimming lessons in his fifties! He wanted to be able to swim with his grand kids and had to admit that he never had learned... Wasn't easy but loves the time he gets with his grand kids!