Pittsburgh Steeler Fans..... Unreal....

Was at Buffalo Wild Wings here in Pittsburgh today. Sitting at the bar wearing a bills shirt and hat on and a couple of Steeler fans were talking to me about the Super Bowl loses.

I didnt say much until this comming season got into the mix. I said to the guy, "yeah, we picked up some really good players and have a solid D now so the sky is the limit for us" He said "well New England is the class of that division." So I said, well, the Ravens have your number and you guys lost alot this offseason. This jackass in front of everyone says this and this is no bullcrap

"Were going to rebuild for this season and sign guys after the June 1st cuts"

I had NOTHING to say and the people around me just looked away laughing... Unreal...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Buffalo Wild Wings here in Pittsburgh today. Sitting at the bar wearing a bills shirt and hat on and a couple of Steeler fans were talking to me about the Super Bowl loses.

I didnt say much until this comming season got into the mix. I said to the guy, "yeah, we picked up some really good players and have a solid D now so the sky is the limit for us" He said "well New England is the class of that division." So I said, well, the Ravens have your number and you guys lost alot this offseason. This jackass in front of everyone says this and this is no bullcrap

"Were going to rebuild for this season and sign guys after the June 1st cuts"

I had NOTHING to say and the people around me just looked away laughing... Unreal...

I don't get it.

I'm not sure if i have this straight. Long consecutive sellout streaks and season ticket waiting lists make for bandwagon fans.

No but the fact that over half the fans I see here in DC are either steelers or cowboys fans might have something to do with it.

When I was in Pittsburgh I:

1. Dated a girl whose parents had cancelled their season tickets because the Steelers "let a !@#$ play QB". Apparently they were not alone. The team tried to play it off as having a bad year, but according to her, 20k cancelled tickets can't be explained by a bad year. For the record, she was somewhat embarrassed by it, but not that much.

2. Saw a father of 3 young children swear at an Army level right in front of them and his wife, and the rest of us, during the entire game at Woodson's(Rod's restaurant)

3. watched nobody get anything done on Monday until after lunch during the season.

4. always enjoyed the tools attempting to give me crap about the lost SBs. I simply reminded them that we beat them, repeatedly, on the way to those lost SBs. In fact they were 1-3 against us during the SBs. And, in 1993, they lost a playoff game to us, at their place, by getting blown out...by Frank Reich...with Neil O'Donnell turning in perhaps the most pathetic playoff QB performance of all time.

Steeler fans are a lot like Dolphin fans, in that they are on the wrong side of history in terms of our SBs. "Wanna know why Dan Marino doesn't have a ring, and only went to 1 SB? Answer: The Buffalo Bills". :lol: The best is when the Bills started to be less dominant, and the Steelers finally did get to a SB, they lost it too. :lol: The very best is that you can almost always count on a Steeler fan to set themselves up to beaten down this way. It's like asking a Pats fan: What happened in 1985? They never know the answer, and they sure as hell don't know who their QB was.

Thread saved?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

When I was in Pittsburgh I:

1. Dated a girl whose parents had cancelled their season tickets because the Steelers "let a !@#$ play QB". Apparently they were not alone. The team tried to play it off as having a bad year, but according to her, 20k cancelled tickets can't be explained by a bad year. For the record, she was somewhat embarrassed by it, but not that much.

2. Saw a father of 3 young children swear at an Army level right in front of them and his wife, and the rest of us, during the entire game at Woodson's(Rod's restaurant)

3. watched nobody get anything done on Monday until after lunch during the season.

4. always enjoyed the tools attempting to give me crap about the lost SBs. I simply reminded them that we beat them, repeatedly, on the way to those lost SBs. In fact they were 1-3 against us during the SBs. And, in 1993, they lost a playoff game to us, at their place, by getting blown out...by Frank Reich...with Neil O'Donnell turning in perhaps the most pathetic playoff QB performance of all time.

Steeler fans are a lot like Dolphin fans, in that they are on the wrong side of history in terms of our SBs. "Wanna know why Dan Marino doesn't have a ring, and only went to 1 SB? Answer: The Buffalo Bills". :lol: The best is when the Bills started to be less dominant, and the Steelers finally did get to a SB, they lost it too. :lol: The very best is that you can almost always count on a Steeler fan to set themselves up to beaten down this way. It's like asking a Pats fan: What happened in 1985? They never know the answer, and they sure as hell don't know who their QB was.

Thread saved?

OC...I have come to enjoy your posts...but man, you are delusional sometimes! I guess that helps when you are a Bills fan. :thumbsup:

For me, I have never lived in Pittsburgh, but I have known many Steelers fans over the years. I think they are, in general a pretty solid lot. No problems with them whatsoever. Nearly every sports bar in town has a very large contingent of Steelers fans on board every Sunday. They are loyal.

btw- as for point #1- I hate to say it, but I have heard the same thing amongst Bills fans. Part of me was so wanting the Bills to get Cam Newton...not that I was so sure he would be a great NFL player, but just to carpet bomb the idiots in "Bills-nation"

Edited by Buftex

OC...I have come to enjoy your posts...but man, you are delusional sometimes! I guess that helps when you are a Bills fan. :thumbsup:

btw- as for point #1- I hate to say it, but I have heard the same thing amongst Bills fans. Part of me was so wanting the Bills to get Cam Newton...not that I was so sure he would be a great NFL player, but just to carpet bomb the idiots in "Bills-nation"

1-4 are facts...no delusion.

Now, I will grant you, the rest is grade a schit-talking...but...that is the point. In this thread. It's the best I can do...given what I have to work with here. Fair enough?