Here’s a chance to judge the Hargrove video yourself

Still very circumstantial, He didnt say give me my money because I broke Brett Favres leg and we placed wagers. It most likely is that but not enough proof, he could be talking about a new contract or money for groceries for all we know. They should just hang the coaching staff out to dry for letting it happen and encouraging it, they are in charge and could of nipped it in the but. They should be held accountable...not a bunch of 20 year olds. They direct evidence against the players is very week.

i bet it was moobs throwing his voice

in all seriousness, it looks like hargrove says gimme my money half under his breath while you can see his mouth and looks around to see the other guys reactions, then (speculating since his face is now covered) says it again louder to make his point. unfortunately you cant see either his or ayodleibsmzs mouth so theres no way to be sure, but if i had to put money on it thats what i would say happened

i bet it was moobs throwing his voice

in all seriousness, it looks like hargrove says gimme my money half under his breath while you can see his mouth and looks around to see the other guys reactions, then (speculating since his face is now covered) says it again louder to make his point. unfortunately you cant see either his or ayodleibsmzs mouth so theres no way to be sure, but if i had to put money on it thats what i would say happened

Hargrove didn't hit favre. The play before McCray and ayodele hit him, while vilma got the turnover. Its almost 100% got to be one of those 3, as hargrove would make no sense situationally. The best odds would be Hargrove saying "bobby?!?!" and bobby McCray replying "give me my money" as he is the one that hits favres leg (vitt just announced a leg injury). Ayodele does fit the body language though, and he is a man that is anything but subtle.

Edited by NoSaint

Still very circumstantial, He didnt say give me my money because I broke Brett Favres leg and we placed wagers. It most likely is that but not enough proof, he could be talking about a new contract or money for groceries for all we know. They should just hang the coaching staff out to dry for letting it happen and encouraging it, they are in charge and could of nipped it in the but. They should be held accountable...not a bunch of 20 year olds. They direct evidence against the players is very week.

The interesting dynamic on this instance - they arent holding vitt accountable for a bounty on favre, but they are using the same note that wasn't strong enough for vitt as a smoking gun on fujita, and vilma. Vilma atleast has people saying they saw a speech to back up the note, but fujita I don't get.

Edited by NoSaint

Hargrove didn't hit favre. The play before McCray and ayodele hit him, while vilma got the turnover. Its almost 100% got to be one of those 3, as hargrove would make no sense situationally.

ok i admit i havent paid much attention to this whole thing and i havent seen the play in question but if what you say is true and hargrove didnt even hit favre then wth is he even being discussed in this video? doesnt make any sense. what am i missing

ok i admit i havent paid much attention to this whole thing and i havent seen the play in question but if what you say is true and hargrove didnt even hit favre then wth is he even being discussed in this video? doesnt make any sense. what am i missing

When asked "how do you know it was Hargrove" at the little impromptu press conference Monday, Mary Jo white - the "independent counsel" that the nfl had look over the evidence answered "because you can see his lips moving."

I don't have a good answer on how they could mess up such an easy piece - but check the highlights. Hargrove hits him earlier, and draws a penalty, and catches hell from the coaches. The play immediately proceeding this, which you would think the nfl would include in the sequence to strengthen the big (bordering on dirty) hit causes injury and injury causes someone to ask for money---- favre throws the ball, McCray comes in hitting him in the lower leg, and ayodele stumbles a step or two before falling on top of his upper body as they go down. Favre is nearly carried off the field and this is the play that led to those horrific ankle pictures that hit the web after the game.

From star caps, to American needle to the lockout to this - the nfl has been pretty shaky lately with their legal and investigative side. They'd likely be well served to bring in some fresh eyes at somepoint. I do 100% agree the saints deserve punishment but the questions like "who?" "how much?" and "what did that person do and how do we know it?" just have not been answered at all when you really dig into this. With guys like schefter starting to push the issue, I'm hoping we get to see those questions answered (heck, given the provided evidence there are guys I'm amazed weren't suspended if these 4 were). Nfl needs to sort this out for real. Right now, I'm not surprised the lead investigator quit and took his name off this disaster.

Edited by NoSaint

So you guys all of this was based on just that? That the NFL and Goddell would chance the media backlash and being sued by suspending a guy just over that?

No is the answer, there is much more too it.

There is, but the implication on Monday was this was a big part of why Hargrove specifically was included. By Friday the nfl has changed its tune and Hargrove is now stated to be exclusively a result of lying about the program in place. Yes, he's getting suspended 8 games for not telling the truth to nfl investigators. Highly unprecedented as far as I know.

Just fyi (and someone do feel free to check this as im not 100%) -It also contradicts his letter of suspension if I remember correctly in it stating that his participation in a program designed to pay for injuries, in addition to lying to investigators. If the nfl is now claiming that his participation is a non-factor, it's just one more inconsistency. Further they submitted no documentation of his lies in the evidence packet - which was supposed to contain everything they were planning to use. It seems on this one, they are making it up as they go along and trying to cover up the mistake.

Edited by NoSaint

NFL has egg on their face....

i DON'T think it's Hargrove......in my opinion, based on body language, it's Ayodele who says "give me my money".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/23/heres-a-chance-to-judge-the-hargrove-video-for-yourself/

Ayodele he and McCray were the ones that hit him when they thought his leg got broken. Not sure why hargrove was implicated in payout.

Agreed, I have thought that from the start.

They can't change their mind now, though.

DAN 6:[8] Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians [and NFL], which altereth not.

[12] Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king's decree; Hast thou not signed a decree, that every man that shall ask a petition of any God or man within thirty days, save of thee, O king [Roger Goodell], shall be cast into the den of lions? The king answered and said, The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.

[15] Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.

I say on the NFL yesterday. Hargrove was suspended for lying to the NFL. Not for anything he did on the field.

It's funny, because that's not what his original letter said - particularly citing active participatipation in the bounty program in addition. I guess all that active participant talk was just for fun, and not a part of his punishment? If so why even include it?

Now I still ask, who was the last person to be punished for lying to the league? 8 games for not being truthful - is there ANY precedent for that?!? And I'm far from a packers fan here - so no rooting interest in this aspect. I just find it amazing with such basic mistakes amd intentional mischaracterizations there's any sentiment of "trust the nfl" (not directed at you)

Edited by NoSaint

Should be interesting:

Quote:

Dave Zirin ‏@EdgeofSports

I'll be on @OTLonESPN at 3:00pm talking Saints and the farcical NFL investigation known as BountyGate.

Zirin has been one of very few alternative voices in the media on this issue, for those interested on hearing more about what I've been talking about but with more cred then I have.