HGTV's House Hunters is...

WWVaBeach

This really bothers me for some reason, maybe because the wife and I have watched about a thousand episodes of this.

It's not like your typical reality TV show, where you really need to stage stuff. You could actually pull this show off and make it 100% real. But apparently HGTV is too cheap and lazy to do so.

Suzanne Wang, you're dead to me.

This really bothers me for some reason, maybe because the wife and I have watched about a thousand episodes of this.

It's not like your typical reality TV show, where you really need to stage stuff. You could actually pull this show off and make it 100% real. But apparently HGTV is too cheap and lazy to do so.

Suzanne Wang, you're dead to me.

Completely disagree there. I think the opposite is true. Shows like "Jersey Shore" dont need to be so staged because they've already cast a bunch of low-class, drama-seeking, attention whores. House Hunters is people making a HUGE decision and investment. You cant expect anyone to make that decision so quickly, and out of limited options.

The gf and I have watched a ton of these episodes too, and it makes total sense. Not surprised in the least. Will keep watching, because it's still fun to see inside other people's homes, and pretend to be shopping myself.

10/10 Perfect use! :lol:

Completely disagree there. I think the opposite is true. Shows like "Jersey Shore" dont need to be so staged because they've already cast a bunch of low-class, drama-seeking, attention whores. House Hunters is people making a HUGE decision and investment. You cant expect anyone to make that decision so quickly, and out of limited options.

The gf and I have watched a ton of these episodes too, and it makes total sense. Not surprised in the least. Will keep watching, because it's still fun to see inside other people's homes, and pretend to be shopping myself.

Maybe. But there are ways to at least make this show a little more real. For example, get a couple who has been house hunting and has narrowed their list down to 3-5 homes. HGTV then comes in and they do a second walk through of the homes, and they make their decision.

Still less obvious then the clear as day fraud that is "What Would You Do?" That show is more fake then Paris Hilton and Selena Gomez combined.

I don't think that show is fake; I just think a lot of the targets can figure out they're on the show. I mean, how many weird things can happen at the same NJ diner.

I don't think that show is fake; I just think a lot of the targets can figure out they're on the show. I mean, how many weird things can happen at the same NJ diner.

I think it's like this. There's people saying and doing things they shouldn't, and then there's people saying and doing things that like 2% of the population would actually do. I think the last straw for me was when they had a black guy stealing a bike, and have this crazy old man come in and yell at him, then they have a white guy, and then they have an attractive white women and nobody does anything. And then that professor guy does that retarded argument that all white people are racist. That was when I was just like "People actually buy this?" lol

Still less obvious then the clear as day fraud that is "What Would You Do?" That show is more fake then Paris Hilton and Selena Gomez combined.

DON'T YOU DARE MAKE FUN OF SELENA GOMEZ!!!! :cry: *whispering to Gomez doll* It's okay, baby, he doesn't mean that. Once I make you see that Justin is homosexual, you'll be my girlfriend and I'll be able to take this guy down."

Edited by Teen Insight

• 2 weeks later...

A local couple was featured this week. Due to the recent "it's fake" reveal, the follow up article does get into details on how the show is taped.....

http://blog.syracuse.com/cny/2012/06/and_the_house_they_chose.html

The Blasks closed on their house on Haylage Circle in Lysander March 19. But they had not seen the two decoy houses -- one in Radisson and one in Clay -- until filming. Both houses were for sale.

The Blasks earned $500 for the show, and the owners of each of the decoy houses got $100.

Lots more "behind-the-scenes" info in the above link.

I still do not get the point? What is the point?

Voyeurism at its best (worst?). I dont know a single female that doesn't love this show if they have seen it.... Unfortunately including my fiancée.

Voyeurism at its best (worst?). I dont know a single female that doesn't love this show if they have seen it.... Unfortunately including my fiancée.

I hate "dramatic" reality TV (Real Housewives, Dance Moms, 16 & Pregnant, etc), but can get behind House Hunters because it shows you a glimpse of what the real estate market looks like in different areas, domestically and abroad. There is no horribly staged fighting and people baring their worst personalities just for attention. I wouldn't even put it close to voyeurism at its worst.

I may be a ways off from retirement, but it's interesting to see what I can get for a vacation home in Venezuela for $150,000. :thumbsup: