Bills named one of 2 AFC "breakout" teams

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/afc-breakout-teams-173106346--nfl.html

If the Bills stay healthy, I can see a potential 10-win season. The toughest part of their schedule is the first five games which includes the Jets, Kansas City, San Francisco and New England. If they can come out of the first five games at 3-2 they are on their way.

Once we get out of the hard first five, its straight into the interesting schedule quirk posted previously (really crappy)....gonna be rough for awhile, but it will prepare us for "getting hot" at the right time (beating the easy teams) and propel us into the superbowl...yesss

Incredible username.

Ugh. The guy could get it right though, the first 5 games are not evern close to the hard stretch, they are the 6 games that go 4 through 9. If he thinks the first 5 are tough, those 6 must be train wreck potential. I mean NE at home, then At San Fran, at Arizona, Tennessee at home (who beat us easily at home last year and won 9), at Houston, and at New England.

There is not a win in those 6 games, they better win the first 3.

Ugh. The guy could get it right though, the first 5 games are not evern close to the hard stretch, they are the 6 games that go 4 through 9. If he thinks the first 5 are tough, those 6 must be train wreck potential. I mean NE at home, then At San Fran, at Arizona, Tennessee at home (who beat us easily at home last year and won 9), at Houston, and at New England.

There is not a win in those 6 games, they better win the first 3.

paintmyhouse, my good man... YE OLE must respectfully disagree. If there is not a win in those 6 games as you claim to be the case, then this entire, euphoric offseason was all for not. Either we are better or we're not better. If we are, in fact, better by virtue the tremendous infusion of talent and building a potentially nasty defense, then we should expect to be able to go and defeat other good teams at home and on the road.

In fact, YE OLE is quite certain that Mr. Wilson did not open the checkbook to the tune of 100 million USD to land SUPER MARIO, only to lay up on the difficult part of the schedule.

paintmyhouse, my good man... YE OLE must respectfully disagree. If there is not a win in those 6 games as you claim to be the case, then this entire, euphoric offseason was all for not. Either we are better or we're not better. If we are, in fact, better by virtue the tremendous infusion of talent and building a potentially nasty defense, then we should expect to be able to go and defeat other good teams at home and on the road.

In fact, YE OLE is quite certain that Mr. Wilson did not open the checkbook to the tune of 100 million USD to land SUPER MARIO, only to lay up on the difficult part of the schedule.

According to paint, every team is only as good as their record last year and potential and off season moves have nothing to do with it. So by his logic, every team will have the same record as last year and will beat/lose to the same teams this year as they did the previous year. So put your money on another NY/NE Superbowl.

According to paint, every team is only as good as their record last year and potential and off season moves have nothing to do with it. So by his logic, every team will have the same record as last year and will beat/lose to the same teams this year as they did the previous year. So put your money on another NY/NE Superbowl.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I mean, they have met in the Super Bowl twice in the last 5 years. In the AFC only 3 teams have gone the Super Bowl in last 8 years.

My point is actually Bills are not the only teams that has made changes, and they did not change the position of QB in which they have a guy one of the weakest starting players at and his stats, his record, and his career show that to be true. In the last 5 years here is who has played in the Super Bowl:

Tom Brady

Eli Manning

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Ben Rothlisburger

Kurt Warner

Aaron Rodgers

All likely end up in the HOF, 6 of them I believe will already get in on what they have already accomplished, just Rodgers has more to do.

I find it hard to believe that we will be more than a game below five hundred after the first five. At the beginning of last year, we beat the Chiefs (good defense), Raiders (really good defense), Patriots* (great offense), and the Eagles (lot of talent). We also were also a last second field goal away from beating the Bengals (really good defense) in Cincinatti, a field goal away from beating the Giants in their house and a catch/defensive stop away from beating the Jets in the same spot.

Unless we do something terribly wrong, we should win 3, maybe 2 if the ball doesn't bounce our way. It's quite possible that we win more than that.

I find it hard to believe that we will be more than a game below five hundred after the first five. At the beginning of last year, we beat the Chiefs (good defense), Raiders (really good defense), Patriots* (great offense), and the Eagles (lot of talent). We also were also a last second field goal away from beating the Bengals (really good defense) in Cincinatti, a field goal away from beating the Giants in their house and a catch/defensive stop away from beating the Jets in the same spot.

Unless we do something terribly wrong, we should win 3, maybe 2 if the ball doesn't bounce our way. It's quite possible that we win more than that.

Kind of my view as well. I was thinking splits to start the season and then heating up when the schedule gets soft a little before mid season. Road games are most important as the Bills of the past really struggled on the road. This year will be much different than last.

Raiders had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last year. Tied for Bills with points allowed per game and allowed more yards per game.

Raiders had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last year. Tied for Bills with points allowed per game and allowed more yards per game.

My bad. Next time your OCD acts up, make sure to let me know so I can accommodate your basis on rating defenses on stats and only stats. They Raiders played mostly teams that were either top 10 in passing or in rushing and their offense wasn't the most helpful either.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I mean, they have met in the Super Bowl twice in the last 5 years. In the AFC only 3 teams have gone the Super Bowl in last 8 years.

My point is actually Bills are not the only teams that has made changes, and they did not change the position of QB in which they have a guy one of the weakest starting players at and his stats, his record, and his career show that to be true. In the last 5 years here is who has played in the Super Bowl:

Tom Brady

Eli Manning

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Ben Rothlisburger

Kurt Warner

Aaron Rodgers

All likely end up in the HOF, 6 of them I believe will already get in on what they have already accomplished, just Rodgers has more to do.

You are one of the few posters here with a brain in your head. Fitzpatrick will be easy to defense against by the middle of the season.

Then his teammates will see what a waste it is to play hard.