Freddy #5 RB

stony

On NFL Live today, they had fans on Twitter vote for the top 5 RBS in the NFL. They did it in a "Family Feud" style fashion in honor of the late host. The Results were interesting.

1. AP

2. A. Foster

3. L. McCoy

4. Ray Rice

and Number five had the hosts guess Chris Johnson, Forte, and MDJ before they finally showed the 5th spot as Freddy. Both seemed kinda stunned at 1st but then went into saying how good he was early on in the season and how good he must be considering it was fans on Twitter voting him in w/ Buffalo being a small market and all. Kind of cool.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJD and Forte deserve to be ahead of Freddy. Maybe not by much, but i understand the hosts' initial shock.

No they don't. MJD is power runner but not as good as Fjax at receiving Fjax can do it all MJD not as good with yards after reception.. Forte is a similar type of back, can catch well like Freddy, but not as physical and not as good of a blocker. I will say your right if they are talking about whole careers but I think they mean this year.

Edited by DocLawless

MJD and Forte deserve to be ahead of Freddy. Maybe not by much, but i understand the hosts' initial shock.

Totally disagree. Fred was leading the league in total yardage when he got hurt. He was the catalyst in a wide open attack that was putting up 35 points a game. Forte maybe, but MJD? No way

No they don't. MJD is power runner but not as good as Fjax at receiving Fjax can do it all MJD not as good with yards after reception.. Forte is a similar type of back, can catch well like Freddy, but not as physical and not as good of a blocker. I will say your right if they are talking about whole careers but I think they mean this year.

My guess is you haven't seen MJD play a lot bc he is a very good receiver and is basically the only weapon on that offense but still produces at a high level

This was a fan vote so I was surprised Fred made the list but they used the same line for MJD not making the list as they did by saying they were surprised when they saw Fred made the list

Tim Hasselbeck is a dope

The only reason they were shocked was because Freddy plays for the Bills...

Yup. And they prefaced all their comments with this as well. When they guessed Forte, they even said "well we'll go with the big market selection on this one..."

I would have to say that forte is a better longball hitter though, his top end speed exceeds that of f jackson...

I would have to say that forte is a better longball hitter though, his top end speed exceeds that of f jackson...

I remember hearing that Freddy had the most plays of over 25 yards in the league last year… or something to that effect.

I don't agree with your view that Forte is faster than Freddy.

But they are very similar football players for sure.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I remember hearing that Freddy had the most plays of over 25 yards in the league last year… or something to that effect.

Forte is faster. he doesn't play for the Bills

I was thinking 60, 70 or 80 yard touchdown game breaking runs... Would you really take jackson over forte in that category?... I dunno...

On NFL Live today, they had fans on Twitter vote for the top 5 RBS in the NFL. They did it in a "Family Feud" style fashion in honor of the late host. The Results were interesting.

1. AP

2. A. Foster

3. L. McCoy

4. Ray Rice

and Number five had the hosts guess Chris Johnson, Forte, and MDJ before they finally showed the 5th spot as Freddy. Both seemed kinda stunned at 1st but then went into saying how good he was early on in the season and how good he must be considering it was fans on Twitter voting him in w/ Buffalo being a small market and all. Kind of cool.

IMHO Rice is the overrated player on this list.

He's a totally mediocre back playing behind a good run-blocking line and in a very run-friendly offense.

Id take Freddy and Forte over Ray Rice, Ray has benefited from a stellar Oline and a run friendly offense, he's a very good, tough runner but if I was going to pick a RB to build an offense around id be hard pressed to pick ray over these guys.

IMHO Rice is the overrated player on this list.

He's a totally mediocre back playing behind a good run-blocking line and in a very run-friendly offense.

You have to be kidding me

1. AP

2. A. Foster

3. L. McCoy

4. Ray Rice

Ya & Hasselback must have a hate for the Bills like no other . He immediately dissed Freddy & does the same to the Bills every chance he gets !! I just hope this year the boys make all of them eat every word that has come out there mouth !!!

My top 5

AP

Foster

Forte

Freddy

Pocket Hercules ( MJ Drew)

Hope AP overcomes his injury.

Foster may be the best right now with AP hurt.

Forte is a beast when he is healthy. He will benefit from the Bears getting Marshall. just a tad better than...

Fred was the best back in the league IMO before he got hurt. This is based on talent alone. But if Fred does what he did last yr I would have to move him up over Forte.

Think MJD is a beast as well. He should have been in the top 5.