40 powerful photographs

Beerball

What is up with the Vancouver riots pic #15... :blink::doh:

Nothing like a hockey riot to get the old labido going!

lol

What is up with the Vancouver riots pic #15... :blink::doh:

Nothing like a hockey riot to get the old labido going!

There was an article in SI describing the events leading up to this shot - very interesting- was just an instant spontaneous moment that got captured and may appear to be to be something very different than what it was

My link

Powerful might be just one of the words to describe this. I had to pause on each one just to realize that it was not a scene from a movie; there was real pain, real drama, real joy, real life in each one of these. It is unfortunate how we forget just how real life is some times.

Powerful might be just one of the words to describe this. I had to pause on each one just to realize that it was not a scene from a movie; there was real pain, real drama, real joy, real life in each one of these. It is unfortunate how we forget just how real life is some times.

Totally agree.

I love the look on Himmlers face when confronted by the POW-"you talking to me?" His staff looks scared s*** less. Qh those fun loving Germans!

He supposedly escaped and re-entered that POW camp 200 times or so for the love of a German girl... Never looked up the story... But he had to have inside help? No?

This wasn't "Hogan's Heros!" May Richard Dawson RIP...

Anybody no the story?

Oh... The one's that scare me are the looks on the faces of the other German officers... Those are the douchebags to get the dirty work done!

There was an article in SI describing the events leading up to this shot - very interesting- was just an instant spontaneous moment that got captured and may appear to be to be something very different than what it was

My link

Understandable and thanks. I can't get past that this was all caused by the Canucks losing to the Bruins!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

great photos but right before i looked at that link i had read this story behind the story of one of THE most powerful pictures ever....

Naked Vietnamese girl...

pretty incredible story...

Aside from having to live with the name "Ut Phuc", that is an amazing story.

My link

Indeed: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43461996/ns/today-today_news/t/vancouver-kissing-couple-reveal-secret-viral-photo/

LBJ's inauguration...I never looked too closely at that picture until now. Never realized how (unsurprisingly) ragged Jackie Kennedy looked.

It really affected me when I read that she still had JFK's blood all over one of her arms and on her dress...just unreal

=

He supposedly escaped and re-entered that POW camp 200 times or so for the love of a German girl... Never looked up the story... But he had to have inside help? No?

Anybody no the story?

Oh... The one's that scare me are the looks on the faces of the other German officers... Those are the douchebags to get the dirty work done

Possable Spielberg flim

Guy had brass nuts for sure. Calling out Himmler at the hight of his power was not for the weak.

Anybody no the story?

Oh... The one's that scare me are the looks on the faces of the other German officers... Those are the douchebags to get the dirty work done!

Here's a little story about the photo.

Great photos. I love the photo of the dog lying by his master's grave. Truly shows the loyalty dogs have to their owners!

Here's a little story about the photo.

Great photos. I love the photo of the dog lying by his master's grave. Truly shows the loyalty dogs have to their owners!

Interesting story.

"A wartime photograph shows Heinrich Himmler, head of the SS, inspecting a prison camp and a shirtless skinny PoW close to the fence confronting him. "

Is he confronting him? For sure... But what does it appear to Himmler? Looks like he is standing at attention to a superior officer... Rather brilliant on his part... He isn't looking into the "eyes of the dog" while properly standing still... In a strange way, those German dogs probably respected that! dry.gif

Yet... The really sad part is that the war and PoW situation couldn't keep them apart, but "liberation" did! No doubt an interesting story!