how did the " potential" guys look?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've wondered this myself.

Obviously not good enough to stick around, but it's funny how oftentimes the players we think should stick around do not.

For example, last year there was a rookie LB that was better than Eddins, he looked fantastic during the preseason, then shockingly got cut. He was later added back to the practice squad then the active roster, but looked out of place in the regular season and was again cut and never heard from again. Overall, the Bills made the right move, but looking at performance after the preseason, it did not make sense that the LB was waived.

Same thing with our RB's from a year or 2 ago. We had a couple of good players, who performed really well during the preseason, then were waived.

The Bills know what they are doing, but it would be interesting to see how they did.

I've wondered this myself.

Obviously not good enough to stick around, but it's funny how oftentimes the players we think should stick around do not.

For example, last year there was a rookie LB that was better than Eddins, he looked fantastic during the preseason, then shockingly got cut. He was later added back to the practice squad then the active roster, but looked out of place in the regular season and was again cut and never heard from again. Overall, the Bills made the right move, but looking at performance after the preseason, it did not make sense that the LB was waived.

Same thing with our RB's from a year or 2 ago. We had a couple of good players, who performed really well during the preseason, then were waived.

The Bills know what they are doing, but it would be interesting to see how they did.

A lot of times in preseason certain fourth stringers look like future HOFs against other fourth stringers. Put them against the first or second team and they are back to looking like plain old fourth stringers.

Edited by BRAWNDO

You must be a hemorroid, because you're acting like one.

I was referring to the rookies that were invited to try out but we never saw.

I don't think your insult to Lurker was appropriate.

And if you're gonna make an ambiguous and easily misinterpreted post (which you did), expect to be corrected here very often.

Ive been saying for years Garrison Sanborn is hardly a franchise LS

Revisionist history.

I'm not gonna go looking for it but when they signed him in 2009 you repeatedly posted that he was a "franchise-caliber long-snapper."

You can argue that it's not the same thing but I can argue that it is.

I swear we need a way to keep track of the things posters say around here.

You must be a hemorroid, because you're acting like one.

I was referring to the rookies that were invited to try out but we never saw.

If you are going to insult someone with multisyllabic words, please go to the effort to spell them correctly. It's "Hemorrhoid".

Revisionist history.

I'm not gonna go looking for it but when they signed him in 2009 you repeatedly posted that he was a "franchise-caliber long-snapper."

You can argue that it's not the same thing but I can argue that it is.

I swear we need a way to keep track of the things posters say around here.

Are you really going to dredge back to 2009? You know, when EVERYBODY thought Sanborn was the next hot item in the NFL? You couldn't turn on ESPN without hearing the guy's name.

Let's face it, he barely gets the job done. Garrison Sanborn can lead you to an 8-8 season with a good enough punter, but that's his absolute ceiling.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Are you really going to dredge back to 2009? You know, when EVERYBODY thought Sanborn was the next hot item in the NFL? You couldn't turn on ESPN without hearing the guy's name.

Let's face it, he barely gets the job done. Garrison Sanborn can lead you to an 8-8 season with a good enough punter, but that's his absolute ceiling.

You don't have to explain to me what a disappointment he's become.

I think that's obvious to everyone.

I just think it's kind of funny how you were "leading the charge" when the team acquired him and now you act as if you were just another Sanbornite and not his most vocal supporter.

Whatever dude.