Gailey and Wannstedt - Best Bills play calling combo ever?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering would Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt would be the best offensive/defensive play caller combination the Bills ever had together in one season?

Based on what exactly? This may be the most inept thread ever started here that I have seen. Congrats on that.

Dave Wannstedt is yet to be seen but as for Gailey. I love the guy. I really frikkin do. But calling slant passes and screens all day doesn't equal "the best" playcalling... Hopefully this year with a couple no name guys like Easley and Graham he can pull out some reverse plays or some kind of trickery... Im not a fan of it all the time but being that playcalling is like playing chess, the unexpected sometimes is needed...

I still say feed Fred and CJ 50% of the plays and hope Fitz can take care of the rest... Hopefully we'll see a lot of 3 and outs on Defense also...We're all tired of losing and pretty much all our players know what's expected of them... This is the year for positive change... Anything less than a playoff berth is a failure... The borderline would have to be that if week 17 if we still have playoff hopes and don't get in, then I'd also call that a success because at least we were in it til the end instead of being mathematically ruled out of the playoffs by week 13...

I think Gailey adjusts his play calling to what is available to him

Uh ... they have yet to call plays together.

It is easy to forget that our teams in the 60's had great coaches, our early 80's teams were not slouches (victory over Dolphins to end their domination over us), and of course the Levy years.

When you combine the players we have with our coaches then perhaps they can be at the top. Key is how they make half time adjustments and wins.

I think Gailey adjusts his play calling to what is available to him

What you "think" and what we see are different.. . I don't know who and quite frankly I don't care who's to blame for the play calling. Whether its Fitz being injured or half of the other players who are difference makers being injured, to answer the OP's question, no. Gailey is not the best signal caller to date... I DO trust that Gailey can get things turned around though.

At this point I wouldn't want anybody but Gailey as our head coach. That's only my opinion though...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Let's get on the field first and see the baby before we start this.

LOL!

+ 1

Seriously. Gailey got figured out last season, and had NO answers IMO.

Let's see if he can get this team to .500 before throwing all kinds of accolades his way: PLEASE?!

Damn. :unsure:

let the water come to full boil before you add the pasta. Then drain water and add sauce and seasonings. and a sprinkle of cheese

We are still at the boiling water part of the recipe. Looks like we have great ingredients ready to add, but much too soon to say how itsa gonna taste.

And Gailey has done exactly what as an O coordinator?

Broke the nasty record of straight losses against The evil Patriots that seemed nearly impossible with no real stars besides Fred and.. well Fred.

that counts right?

What you "think" and what we see are different.. . I don't know who and quite frankly I don't care who's to blame for the play calling. Whether its Fitz being injured or half of the other players who are difference makers being injured, to answer the OP's question, no. Gailey is not the best signal caller to date... I DO trust that Gailey can get things turned around though.

At this point I wouldn't want anybody but Gailey as our head coach. That's only my opinion though...

+ 1

He must have done something right to get a head coaching gig in the NFL two different times from an OC position.

Just ignore him.

Chan's rep around the league (and what keeps getting him hired) is that he can work effectively with mediocre talent/opportunities (that more renowned OCs or HCs avoid--right Shanny?). He adapts to what he has, rather than trying to pound square pegs into round holes...

Edited by Lurker

I was wondering would Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt would be the best offensive/defensive play caller combination the Bills ever had together in one season?

Oh please! Were you born yesterday? What a ridiculous question. Look at the history books on the Bills before you post such a silly question.

Right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

.437 as head choach. <_<

There are ALWAYS people on this board who basically are either appologists for the coaching staff and front office in place, or whoever it is, or worship them.

Show me a winning season.

Show me a playoff birth.

Show me a playoff win.

Your opinions are much like you avatar: crap.

Right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

.437 as head choach. <_<

There are ALWAYS people on this board who basically are either appologists for the coaching staff and front office in place, or whoever it is, or worship them.

Show me a winning season.

Show me a playoff birth.

Show me a playoff win.

Your opinions are much like you avatar: crap.

Too funny. I bet you're fun at parties... ;)