America's Got Howard!

boyst

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can name SO many people I'd rather see on that show then Stern.

Doug "Darien" Walker

Patton Sowalt

James Rolfe

Zach Galifinakis

Jack Black (I'm sure to get flack for this, but watch his adult movies like Pick of Destiny, Tropic Thunder and Saving Silverman and Orange County. Hell, I even liked him in Nacho Libre)

Trey Parker

Matt Stone

Paul F. Thompkins

So far they are really making Stern the star of the show! Interseting beginning. I thought it was a live show from Newark though...it seems to be the LA prelim though...

Wednesday is live. I am 99.9% sure. Haven't heard todays show yet but I remember it from last week

That harp player was awesome!!!

Wednesday is live. I am 99.9% sure. Haven't heard todays show yet but I remember it from last week

So what the hell is he complaining about getting out of newark...hes not on thursdays...or was he just doing his typical howard whine?

That harp player was awesome!!!

So what the hell is he complaining about getting out of newark...hes not on thursdays...or was he just doing his typical howard whine?

Yeah - but can you blame him, I mean the guy is up every morning at 3:30.

But, that little girl on the drapes and harp player are tops to win of those shown so far.

I thought Howard was very good. Of course I am biased, but aside from a couple early 'off color' comments...i thought he endeared himself very well. Granted those were taped shows so editing was involved. I look forward to seeing the live shows. That last act was phenomenal, i think i fell in love with that girl...as did a lot of people. I'll keep watching!

Just finished watching it...I have to say, Howard had some good moments. I like the chemistry among him, Howie, and Sharon. I still think they should have kept Piers around, but it's cool as is. Howard seemed to really be genuinely interested in some of the contestants and came off as though he was having a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to keep watching.

Is not Stren the creepy guy with sunglasses and long black hair? You may find this remarkable, but that is all I know about him.

Yep, that's the guy. He's very intelligent and in all honesty I really did used to enjoy his radio show and his E! show on cable...but at times he just goes a bit too far for my taste and I lose interest. Ever since he went to satellite radio I haven't heard him at all.

That's ALL you know? You don't know he's had a very successful radio show for 35 years? Had a best selling book? Box office hit movie?

Is not Stren the creepy guy with sunglasses and long black hair? You may find this remarkable, but that is all I know about him.

Edited by The Poojer

Question for those of you who have followed Stern...what are the chances this will end up in some outburst that completely wreaks havoc on the show and ends up getting him Fired?

Zero. He absolutely loves the show, and has been talking about what a fantastic experience it has been. If you think Howard ever "self destructs" then you really don't follow him at all. He's a solid human being.

did you not watch any of it? That last singing team? the 2 dance teams? the guy that built his own instrument? Those were just the ones that really blew me away..there were other good acts from last nights edited version of the try-outs...sounds like you just don't like Howard Stern and can't look past it...which is a shame...of course the same can be said for me on the opposite side of the coin...i like the show as a direct result of howard being involved, otherwise i would have thrown it on the trash heap along with the other shows of that ilk. I hope you give him a shot...Howard Stern the person is not Howard Stern the Radio 'Shock Jock'.

Didnt this show used to be a talent show and not Howard Stern's soliloquizing

Zero. He absolutely loves the show, and has been talking about what a fantastic experience it has been. If you think Howard ever "self destructs" then you really don't follow him at all. He's a solid human being.

This. I watched one of these reality / talent shows for the first time in my life last night. Howard performed as expected, fantastically.

Edited by BillsFanNC

That's ALL you know? You don't know he's had a very successful radio show for 35 years? Had a best selling book? Box office hit movie?

You didn't mention hot wife (or have they split?). That's very unlike you. Feeling OK?