Skip Bayless Says .....

Vince Young might be able to take the #1 spot from Fitz...but I'm pretty sure that some sort of meltdown would follow within 16 games, making everyone on the planet question "What the hell were the Bills thinking, starting Young over Fitz?"

And can anyone tell me the last time Skip Bayless was right about anything?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's all I have to say about the Skipper.

Flashback to 1996 after Buffalo beat Indy in OT to win their 2nd in a row under a backup QB. Skip Bayless went on an on about how this QB was "the real deal" ....the player in question??? Todd Collins.

He also was early on Kyle bowler being a bum. Look I don't care what he said I'm only responding this because of what I see. And that as stated is that young is here to push and challenge fitz. The backup/thigpen thing is a smokescreen

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Bayless is the king of the clowns. Guy is clueless about everything. Hates on Tiger, Lebron, and A. Rodgers - worships Tebow. I take his opinions seriously, only as a way to know the opposite is probably true.

I can understand hating on Tiger, because he deserves it. But A. Rodgers? And worships Tebow? That is insane.

I can understand hating on Tiger, because he deserves it. But A. Rodgers? And worships Tebow? That is insane.

this makes no sense. Skip is hardly wrong and is usually very clear about his opinions.

you guys should trust him.

and me.

He also was early on Kyle bowler being a bum. Look I don't care what he said I'm only responding this because of what I see. And that as stated is that young is here to push and challenge fitz. The backup/thigpen thing is a smokescreen

Do you have a source for this knowledge, because if it is an just an opinion it defies logic.

What does the PBA have to do with the Bills?

Do you have a source for this knowledge, because if it is an just an opinion it defies logic.

No way he signs to compete for a roster spot. He's here because he thinks he has a glimmer somehow. The coaches/gm are ok with that. I wouldn't say he's a threat but I think that's possibly an element.

No way he signs to compete for a roster spot. He's here because he thinks he has a glimmer somehow. The coaches/gm are ok with that. I wouldn't say he's a threat but I think that's possibly an element.

I'm sure he thinks so, but in reality there's no way he competes for the starting job. Chan and Buddy are both known to be straight shooters. They don't play games with this kind of thing, ala the Tebow signing for the Jests. If Gailey and Nix say he's competing to be the backup, that's what he's competing for.

Now if VY makes the team ahead of Thigpen, and Fitz gets hurt, and VY needs to play for an extended number of games and lights it up like Brady when he came in for Bledsoe, we've got a wonderful problem on our hands.

I don't see Fitz getting benched because of bad play. He's the starting QB, and won't play bad enough for that to happen. In the 2nd half of the year last year, he clearly wasn't lights out like he was in the first part of the season, but he certainly wasn't bad enough to be benched. It was clearly his team, and Fitz is the leader. VY can't hold a candle to Fitz when it comes to that.

I'm sure he thinks so, but in reality there's no way he competes for the starting job. Chan and Buddy are both known to be straight shooters. They don't play games with this kind of thing, ala the Tebow signing for the Jests. If Gailey and Nix say he's competing to be the backup, that's what he's competing for.

Now if VY makes the team ahead of Thigpen, and Fitz gets hurt, and VY needs to play for an extended number of games and lights it up like Brady when he came in for Bledsoe, we've got a wonderful problem on our hands.

I don't see Fitz getting benched because of bad play. He's the starting QB, and won't play bad enough for that to happen. In the 2nd half of the year last year, he clearly wasn't lights out like he was in the first part of the season, but he certainly wasn't bad enough to be benched. It was clearly his team, and Fitz is the leader. VY can't hold a candle to Fitz when it comes to that.

Right but the psychology of a guy that wants to compete behind you, by itself could be a minor boost to fitz. Even if he has no shot, he wants it, has tools and a resume.... Thigpen was never that guy. Something to be said for that