Nik Wallenda stumbled on May 9 tightrope walk above Baltimore harbor

zow2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donn Esmonde wrote a week or two ago that Wallenda should be tethered to his rope. Something he does not plan on doing.......Anybody who has been on the Maid of the Mist can tell you that it seems like a hurricane around the Falls. I don't see how he stays on it:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/columns/donn-esmonde/article841336.ece

Whats the worse that happens, he falls in the water and gets picked up by the Maid of the Mist.

And now ABC is going to do a three hour broadcast on the walk. Hope he doesn't fall.

My link

Wow - three hours of primetime broadcast TV is pretty big - even on a Friday night in June.

Has anybody seen a map or diagram of how the wire is going to go. He's talking about walking thru the mist, but I can't imagine him being able to go over the Horseshoe Falls with all that wind and water.

Or better yet, lands ON the Maid of the Mist. I wonder if that little slip is not part of the act. Got him some publicity for sure.

I heard a story yesterday that mentioned three times where this little "stumble" happened. He's definitely putting on a show.

Showmanship.

Very curious on where exactly he will be walking on his walk over the falls....

Edit, actually just thought in my head how amazing it would be when its on prime-time tv and as he is walking the wire with cameras on him some hackjob daredevil gets wheeled out of a shoddy trailer in his homemade kevlar barrel to go over the falls in prime-time

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

• 3 weeks later...

Article : Get free tickets to the show

Order tickets : http://www.walkthefalls.com/

Very curious on where exactly he will be walking on his walk over the falls....

The picture on the ticket website shows him going in front of the horseshoe side. I refuse to say over the horseshoe because it looks like he won't be that close to it.

• 2 weeks later...