Breaking the Law

Thought I'd delve into the murky swamp that is known as PPP.

I just started a blog, Breaking The Law.

It's mission is to chronicle stupid laws, the prying politicians who pass them, the busybody bureaucrats who enforce them, our growing Nanny Nation…and the lawbreaker in all of us.

Hope this isn't seen as too promotional, but I need some readers already. If you think there are too many laws governing your life, whether you're a Democrat or Republican, then this site's for you.

If you see any stupid laws in your town--ones that take away freedom--shoot me a note.

Go Bills.

-JustInAtlanta

Edited by JustinAtlanta

Amendment One

"Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State [NC].

This section does not prohibit a private party from entering into contracts with another private party; nor does this section prohibit courts from adjudicating the rights of private parties pursuant to such contracts.”

Amendment One

"Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State [NC].

This section does not prohibit a private party from entering into contracts with another private party; nor does this section prohibit courts from adjudicating the rights of private parties pursuant to such contracts.”

Y'know, for a guy who insisted that "Gay rights is down the list of issues that matter to me," you sure spend a lot of time randomly bringing it up.

Wait. Let me guess. You're evolving.

To the original poster, I recall that in the City of Chino (California), detonating a nuclear device in city limits carries a $500 fine. Until recently, this was down on the list of issues that matter to me.

Amendment One

This section does not prohibit a private party from entering into contracts with another private party; nor does this section prohibit courts from adjudicating the rights of private parties pursuant to such contracts."

Crusade much?

:rolleyes:

Maybe you haven't noticed. It's been in the news lately.

So as I mentioned in the other thread, what's he going to do about it?

Nothing's changed other than his opinion. I have a question for the evolved one. "Now what Mr. President?"

Can I respond to this regarding a law that is not on the books that SHOULD be?

It should be illegal for an individual to pimp their own blog on a political message board. :devil:

Chef Jim, I fully support the legalization of prostitution. You can read all about it on Breaking the Law.

Chef Jim, I fully support the legalization of prostitution. You can read all about it on Breaking the Law.

I fully support a law against against fining someone for trying to getpeople to read their blog on a political message board. And fully support an amendment to that law that would require severe and lengthly jail time for someone who tries it twice.

To the original poster, I recall that in the City of Chino (California), detonating a nuclear device in city limits carries a $500 fine. Until recently, this was down on the list of issues that matter to me.

Might improve it.

I always wanted to try that...just to see how they'd collect.

And in Oklahoma (I think), it's illegal to give liquor to a fish.

In Kansas City, it's still illegal for a woman to operate a motor vehicle unless she drives under 5 mph and a man walks in front of her waving a red flag.

And there's a bunch of podunk towns that have laws like "It's illegal to eat ice cream and walk backwards in front of city hall on a Sunday if there's a parade in progress." Which always makes me wonder less about the law itself than the precedent that led to it being enacted.

I always wanted to try that...just to see how they'd collect.

And in Oklahoma (I think), it's illegal to give liquor to a fish.

In Kansas City, it's still illegal for a woman to operate a motor vehicle unless she drives under 5 mph and a man walks in front of her waving a red flag.

And there's a bunch of podunk towns that have laws like "It's illegal to eat ice cream and walk backwards in front of city hall on a Sunday if there's a parade in progress." Which always makes me wonder less about the law itself than the precedent that led to it being enacted.

One of these days I want to find the backstory on the dwarf-tossing prohibition contained in New York's Alcohol Beverage Control Law.