Some funny points of view via Twitter on N. Carolina Amend,. 1

Okay, then I will withdraw myself from this conversation. I've said all that I wanted to say (post # 36, 41, 50, 55, 64, 67, 74, 94, 103, 113, 118, 129, 168).

Alaska Darin did a great, polite, concise job of articulating the argument of the pro-gay marriage crowd with post #175. Let's now see how the OCinBuffalo/RkFast/B-Man/Adam/3rdlng/LABillzfan crowd counters.

You just don't get it, do you? You are an offensive prick with an offensive way of attacking anyone that may be different than you. You don't even know my stance on the issue but because I object to the way you categorize people and denigrate them, you try to lump me in with a certain "crowd". You make fun of other people who may be religious or from a smaller community just because they aren't an atheist from the big city like you. You say this issue is keeping us from talking about "adult" issues like the economy, while you are the one making a big deal out of it. Do you realize how small minded you come across as?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just don't get it, do you? You are an offensive prick with an offensive way of attacking anyone that may be different than you. You don't even know my stance on the issue but because I object to the way you categorize people and denigrate them, you try to lump me in with a certain "crowd". You make fun of other people who may be religious or from a smaller community just because they aren't an atheist from the big city like you. You say this issue is keeping us from talking about "adult" issues like the economy, while you are the one making a big deal out of it. Do you realize how small minded you come across as?

Pot, this is kettle.

LOL. Anyway...on this issue there just is no polite way to categorize anyone that is actively trying to prevent gay people from obtaining a marriage. And saying "I have a traditional view on the matter" is a cop out and means nothing.

LOL. Anyway...on this issue there just is no polite way to categorize anyone that is actively trying to prevent gay people from obtaining a marriage. And saying "I have a traditional view on the matter" is a cop out and means nothing.

Who is actively trying to prevent gay people from getting married? Who said "I have a traditional view on the matter"?

Who is actively trying to prevent gay people from getting married? Who said "I have a traditional view on the matter"?

Well from what I can tell Romney, the GOP, and a lot of voters around America

You do realize that romneys view was the same as obamas up until he "evolved " a couple days ago right? And that policy wise he believes that it continues to be the same as obamas , in that they both believe it should be up to the state.

You responded directly to me and quoted a post I made to someone else. Are you backing off now or were you just trying to slip one by?

You responded directly to me and quoted a post I made to someone else. Are you backing off now or were you just trying to slip one by?

3rdnling I've interacting with you before. I know better than to try and slip one by you.

Well said and by a man I am currently hating on in another thread. Isn't politics wonderful? :D

Nice to see you're correct for a change.

Anyway, even though I can admit that people on both sides can sometimes do/say things that suck. The truth is, "both sides" don't suck. The side that wants to oppress people with government power sucks.

Oppression by government power is a bipartisan issue. Both sides totally suck and any other deduction is a pathetic indictment of the person making it.

Dont like it? Dont live there.

Rk- you are above that. That is the same as telling someone who doesn't like the health care bill (if anyone does like it), to move elsewhere. This country is about ideas- some we like, some we don't It's a shame people aren't as open to debate as they should be- and that isn't really directed at you, it is to the "Love it or leave it" crowd

• 2 weeks later...

youtube.com/watch?v=d2n7vSPwhSU

Pity, someone tried unsuccessfully to burn this church down. The church is a little over an hour from me and only 40 minutes from Charlotte.

I definitely don't condone that act of violence. Somebody could have been hurt or killed. I will say that North Carolina is the moat backwards place I have ever lived.