Some funny points of view via Twitter on N. Carolina Amend,. 1

So the next time a bunch of white Christians won't let gays marry each other and folks piss and moan about what an egregious violation of basic human rights that those Racist® Romney voters support, please remember that the grass really is greener on this side of the fence

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUSSIA_GAY_PROTEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-05-27-09-16-29

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youtube.com/watch?v=d2n7vSPwhSU

Pity, someone tried unsuccessfully to burn this church down. The church is a little over an hour from me and only 40 minutes from Charlotte.

I definitely don't condone that act of violence. Somebody could have been hurt or killed. I will say that North Carolina is the moat backwards place I have ever lived.

In this case however, I would condone acts of turditry. Perhaps "getting medieval on his ass" could be interpreted as building a trebuchet that launches turd?

That, I would doubly condone. First, for the engineering prowess, and second, for the Great Jsutice.

I definitely don't condone that act of violence. Somebody could have been hurt or killed. I will say that North Carolina is the moat backwards place I have ever lived.

I have not ever been afraid to confront anyone who throws their religion around and down here I end up getting a lot of people upset! I ask people about their choice to be straight and how difficult it is for them. It goes on and on, and I question their decision making when they cannot appreciate anothers happiness and ask them why god is just so aga'n it. From Lowes to work and my HR woman I will tell you just how stupid I think you are when you tell me you do not want someone to be happy.

Oh, and my gf and I were at Lowes. She was in my beater and a cutoff shirt and one of my caps because we'd been working outside. I was not near her at the moment but I wish I would have been. An older (mid-40's) woman walked by her and whispered loud enough to over hear "stupid redneck trash." My girlfriend is hardly trashy looking and if I would have been there I would have said something...err... not so nice, probably to her husband, too. Tell him to keep her at home being a stupid type of woman in not as nice words.

EFFFFF I really do not like a lot of people who live here!

Edited by jboyst62

youtube.com/watch?v=ez0AMf2U5RU

I have not ever been afraid to confront anyone who throws their religion around and down here I end up getting a lot of people upset! I ask people about their choice to be straight and how difficult it is for them. It goes on and on, and I question their decision making when they cannot appreciate anothers happiness and ask them why god is just so aga'n it. From Lowes to work and my HR woman I will tell you just how stupid I think you are when you tell me you do not want someone to be happy.

have you ever lived in North Carolina? They may put the fear of whatever ot is they worship in you. They are nuts.

have you ever lived in North Carolina? They may put the fear of whatever ot is they worship in you. They are nuts.

look to the left

<----------------

They will do no such thing. Every time they get overly annoying I put my hand on their shoulder and say "God strike me dead if you are up there because I know you're not, you're fake and you won't do anything...because you can't." It sets them off.

Edited by jboyst62

Sorry, but I am on the mobile version. Not sure what that means.

Hmm, my bad! I thought everyone here knew I am in NC. I am a farmer, of all things. Everyone I deal with on a daily basis is a firm believer in Christ.

I have never lived in NC but know a few people that do. One of my best friends lives in Elizabeth City and cast her ballot on the losing side of that vote. As a white woman she is most definitely in the ethnic minority of EC.

She told me that it was kind of an awkward moment when she went to vote. The volunteer held a Democratic ballot waiting in her hand for her. Volunteer had the ballot ready to hand her but had to ask if the voter was casting a ballot in in the Republican or Democratic primary.

My friend, an ardent Ron Paul supporter, asked for a Republican ballot. She said you could almost hear a record scratching and everybody stopped to stare at her.

Yeah, those old white southern homophobes are the only thing stopping gays from getting married :rolleyes:

I have never lived in NC but know a few people that do. One of my best friends lives in Elizabeth City and cast her ballot on the losing side of that vote. As a white woman she is most definitely in the ethnic minority of EC.

She told me that it was kind of an awkward moment when she went to vote. The volunteer held a Democratic ballot waiting in her hand for her. Volunteer had the ballot ready to hand her but had to ask if the voter was casting a ballot in in the Republican or Democratic primary.

My friend, an ardent Ron Paul supporter, asked for a Republican ballot. She said you could almost hear a record scratching and everybody stopped to stare at her.

Yeah, those old white southern homophobes are the only thing stopping gays from getting married :rolleyes:

I regularly passed a church that would post quotes from Satan on their sign.

Jboy, your sweeping generalizations of people from N.C is similar to those who do the same of the Muslim religion. Just sayin'

That is true, but the majority of people in this state are narrow minded bigots. I know it is insulting and they are insulting to the rest of the world. I respect their right for their viewpoints and also am proud that the state was able to make its own laws on the matter, however I condemn them removing civil rights of anyone.

There is only 2 people I have talked to in my network of people - probably around 200-250 people who are comfortable with having same sex unions.

That is true, but the majority of people in this state are narrow minded bigots. I know it is insulting and they are insulting to the rest of the world. I respect their right for their viewpoints and also am proud that the state was able to make its own laws on the matter, however I condemn them removing civil rights of anyone.

There is only 2 people I have talked to in my network of people - probably around 200-250 people who are comfortable with having same sex unions.

I still have a few friends from my time up there, but there were some things said in the press boxes I was in, that I still wouldn't repeat.