CJ #1 Rated RB performance

I'm hopeful that the upgraded D will change a lot about the offensive play calling. I'd like to see more trickery from Fitz and less WRs on the field. More Freddie and CJ, please.

Agreed completely. Just not having to go the length of the field every time should help the play calling a lot. The defense sucking last year had an enormous effect on Fitz and the offense that isnt accounted for a lot here. And I think Gailey's ability to use both Fred and Spiller, together and apart, is his biggest challenge, and he hasn't been able to figure it out yet. This year he will have the whole off season and training camp to.

It sure help Thurman back in the day as well...

You were reading my mind. TT thrived in that spread and our OLine enjoyed the hell out of it as well. There were games last year where you could SEE the OLine getting into a groove and start to wear down a D front (the second Miami game comes to mind) but Gailey got away from it. OLmen like nothing more than kicking ass in the running game and when they do it sucks the life out of a D. I hope Gailey will stick to it and let those guys establish themselves more each game.

GO BILLS!!!

Do I have ESPN? Yes. I just don't recall very many draw plays last year. Even less play action attempts. Just a lot of "exactly-what-you-would-expect-plays."

On the other hand, The Patriots used play action EXCESSIVELY. It seemed as if Brady would add a fake handoff to every play, just for the heck of it. They always kept Ds on edge, well, except the Giants D.

[/quote

I didn't follow the Pats so much, but we used the Shotgun as a run formation a lot. Watch any game from last year, we were pulling guards, and running out of shotgun. And why would we use draws if no one was afraid that we WOULD pass.

Edited by JaxBills

how can you make a list like that in a loss??

Because you can have an amazing individual performance even within the confines of a team loss. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Because you can have an amazing individual performance even within the confines of a team loss. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

That's certainly true. OJ twice went over 200 yards in a game in 1976 and the Bills lost both games. Including his then NFL single game rushing record of 273 yards.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm hopeful that the upgraded D will change a lot about the offensive play calling. I'd like to see more trickery from Fitz and less WRs on the field. More Freddie and CJ, please.

I also hope a healthy O-line with Glenn added in could be much more conducive to running the ball more and consitantly.