Dallas Clark

Clark's former TE coach (a guy by the name of Pete Metzelaars or something like that ;)), is now with the Bills. If they haven't brought him in yet, they likely won't because he's finished.

Clark's former TE coach (a guy by the name of Pete Metzelaars or something like that ;)), is now with the Bills. If they haven't brought him in yet, they likely won't because he's finished.

This was my thought as well. Clark was a very good TE when teamed with Manning, but didn't show up last year and is nearing the end of his career. If he hasn't been picked up in a league where TE has become such an essential part of the offense, why would you think he would work here? Is the two TE set such an important part of Chan's offense? Nope!

He didn't show up cause he was injuried most of the year. I think if healthy his presence along with A QB better than what Indy had last year he stills has something left. He could also help make our current TE's better , help them grow .

He didn't show up cause he was injuried most of the year. I think if healthy his presence along with A QB better than what Indy had last year he stills has something left. He could also help make our current TE's better , help them grow .

Sorry I hate this argument. If we need someone to develop our players, why the hell do we have coaches? Including one that is a former player

Sorry I hate this argument. If we need someone to develop our players, why the hell do we have coaches? Including one that is a former player

It can't hurt to have both. Young players can learn from the coaches in the film and meeting rooms and on the practice field. But they can learn from teammates all day, every day. Watching a guy's work ethic, how he prepares, litte things he does. Ways he prepares or attacks certain things. It happens all the time. I understand your point about coaches, but veteran leadership exists and is important, in my opinion. I have no idea if Clark has anything left, but he is definitely someone worth bringing in for a look.

The problem is 33 year old TEs with 400+ catches have trouble getting and staying healthy. TE is a very physical position and he's got a lot of miles on him.

It can't hurt to have both. Young players can learn from the coaches in the film and meeting rooms and on the practice field. But they can learn from teammates all day, every day. Watching a guy's work ethic, how he prepares, litte things he does. Ways he prepares or attacks certain things. It happens all the time. I understand your point about coaches, but veteran leadership exists and is important, in my opinion. I have no idea if Clark has anything left, but he is definitely someone worth bringing in for a look.

I agree that young NFLers need to see how their teammates work and get it done in the offseason and weight room, but it does not have to be from a guy in the same position. Nobody works harder than KW, Stevie or Fred. If a young guy on the Bills wants to emulate a work-ethic, then he should watch one of those guys.

Dallas Clark is likely done. He had a great career, but as someone pointed out, his production has led to his demise. His body can't take all the pounding anymore. I wish him well in whatever he does after football, but I don't want to give a roster spot to an aging vet with little to nothing left on a roster that is already loaded with guys who can contribute. We are going to have to make some difficult veteran cuts this year, and having Clark would just make it even harder.

I agree that young NFLers need to see how their teammates work and get it done in the offseason and weight room, but it does not have to be from a guy in the same position. Nobody works harder than KW, Stevie or Fred. If a young guy on the Bills wants to emulate a work-ethic, then he should watch one of those guys.

Dallas Clark is likely done. He had a great career, but as someone pointed out, his production has led to his demise. His body can't take all the pounding anymore. I wish him well in whatever he does after football, but I don't want to give a roster spot to an aging vet with little to nothing left on a roster that is already loaded with guys who can contribute. We are going to have to make some difficult veteran cuts this year, and having Clark would just make it even harder.

Well said